Were these shows ever on TV the same time as The Waltons?

Could you watch The Waltons the same year as Bonanza, Adam-12 or Happy Days?

The beloved series The Waltons premiered in 1972 at a time when wholesome family shows were far less common than a decade prior. Nevertheless, it bucked conventional wisdom and became immensely popular. The show aired nine seasons, lasting until 1981.

Can you remember all the other programs on TV during that time? There were sitcoms and dramas, of course, but also Westerns, science fiction and action series. Guess if the following 20 shows aired any first-run episodes during the same period as The Waltons.

Watch The Waltons on MeTV!

Weekdays at 11 AM

1. Were 'M*A*S*H' and 'The Waltons' ever on TV at the same time?
  2. Were 'Star Trek' and 'The Waltons' ever on TV at the same time?
  3. Were 'Mama’s Family' and 'The Waltons' ever on TV at the same time?
  4. Were 'Happy Days' and 'The Waltons' ever on TV at the same time?
  5. Were 'The Golden Girls' and 'The Waltons' ever on TV at the same time?
  6. Were 'The Love Boat' and 'The Waltons' ever on TV at the same time?
  7. Were 'Adam-12' and 'The Waltons' ever on TV at the same time?
  8. Were 'Saved by the Bell' and 'The Waltons' ever on TV at the same time?
  9. Were 'The Brady Bunch' and 'The Waltons' ever on TV at the same time?
  10. Were 'MacGyver' and 'The Waltons' ever on TV at the same time?
  11. Were 'ALF' and 'The Waltons' ever on TV at the same time?
  12. Were 'The Mod Squad' and 'The Waltons' ever on TV at the same time?
  13. Were 'Cheers' and 'The Waltons' ever on TV at the same time?
  14. Were 'Buck Rogers in the 25th Century' and 'The Waltons' ever on TV at the same time?
  15. Were 'Mission: Impossible' and 'The Waltons' ever on TV at the same time?
  16. Were 'Miami Vice' and 'The Waltons' ever on TV at the same time?
  17. Were 'Magnum, P.I.' and 'The Waltons' ever on TV at the same time?
  18. Were 'The Big Valley' and 'The Waltons' ever on TV at the same time?
  19. Were 'The Beverly Hillbillies' and 'The Waltons' ever on TV at the same time?
  20. Were 'Bonanza' and 'The Waltons' ever on TV at the same time?

Were these shows ever on TV the same time as The Waltons?

JZ6030 20 hours ago
19/20. Magnum did me in. I wasn’t a big Waltons fan as good of a show as it was but remembering most of the rest of the shows makes me really appreciate how good TV used to be. I’ll watch the reruns over and over. I’m fine with being a boomer. The classics live on in life in all aspects. Here’s to us boomers 🍻
Bubba77511 2 days ago
18/20....smh i really wanted that perfecto
Filmnoirfan 2 days ago
14/20 - not bad for having never watched The Waltons
texasluva 3 days ago
Good morning everyone. Let's get those feet a moving with a little wake up mix music. Legs a kicking, arms a swinging and bop bop a bopping along. Can you dig it, can you swing it .
CaptainDunsel 3 days ago
16/20
My time sense was a little off, I guess.
BrianMoore 4 days ago
19 out of 20. I missed number 19 :(
texasluva 4 days ago
Ho-ho-ho what do you know the winner of the quiz show. None other then MrsPhillHarris (aka Godzilla Quiz Queen of the Movies)

You've heard this story before. Woman marries older man. Looking for action which leads to trouble. Drifter takes job and notices the blonde bomb. Sparks gonna fly and a lot more then that.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Presents:
Lana Turner
John Garfield
In..........................The Postman Always Rings Twice (1946)..............................
1 hr 52 min
John Garfield
Lana Turner
Hume Cronyn
Leon Ames
Cecil Kellaway

True trivia story about the director.
The strain of waiting for the fog to lift caused Tay Garnett, who had suffered from drinking problems in the past, to fall off the wagon. Garnett holed himself up in his hotel room, where nobody could get him to stop drinking. Concerned about rumors that he was going to be replaced, John Garfield and Lana Turner decided to visit him on their own. Garfield could get nowhere with him, but Turner managed to convince him to go back to Los Angeles for treatment. When he returned a week later, the fog lifted, and they all went back to work.

check rest of trivia here. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038854/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv
Load previous comments
Well my parents would have a radio droning on in the evening and the station ran 4 hours of old time radio from interviews in the 1940s with Louis Armstrong in a nightclub in Vancouver to big band to The Jack Benny Programme. Also we didn’t have a lot of tv channels. Old movies would be on. I guess I just absorbed it all.
lynngdance texasluva 3 days ago
I’m Gen Z but I like movies from the early 1930s so I guess I’m more stuck in the past than you are LOL 😆. Also I liked it that you were talking about the Andrews Sisters, I’m a fan of Bing Crosby so I have heard a lot of the songs He did with the Andrews Sisters (Ac-Cen-Chuate The Positive, Hot Time in the Town of Berlin, South America Take it Away etc.) so yeah 😁
lynngdance lynngdance 3 days ago
That pic is from “Road to Rio” by the way. Starring Bing Crosby, Bob Hope, and Dorothy Lamour, and the Andrews Sisters do a musical number with Bing 🙂.
texasluva lynngdance 3 days ago
LOL. Well I like years past and like to stick in what's good for me. Yes I have posted many movies, music mostly 1940's-1990's. Whatever is fun for everyone is good for me too. Though I am into music and movies from most all time periods. The Andrew Sisters are way more hip then most from that period of history. They can swing and jam it. You are more and welcome to join our conversations or guess the movie once or so a week. My postings are for fun and if you turn a smile or even a little friendly banter all the better.
texasluva 4 days ago
The movie quiz-crime, drama film noir. Two of the biggest names of the era star in this. It always ends up with a blonde bomb and tough guy . As the plot thickens be ready for the worst of it. The dame wants a more exciting life especially since she is married to an older man. Tough guy looking for a new adventure and when they meet you just know sparks gonna fly. Yep you said it bub. This is gonna go down in a bad way because both of them can't keep their minds off other things that intrigue them. Just when one of them thinks they know it all it becomes Too Bad City. Justice comes a calling for those who run afoul of the Law.
More interesting trivia on this movie I will post when movie guessed. I gave the movie 8.0 and it is 7.5.
Load previous comments
Yes I’ve seen that movie many times and read the book. Young, blonde bombshell and older husband. Guy shows up and sparks fly. Yup. I knew it right away.
Not sure if I should do the Tasmanian Devil growl. I feel like Elmer Fudd and Bugs just did me in, again . That's okay. I can strike back with my blitzkrieg of movies ....ha ha ha ha ha . Very good MPH.
I have lots of em too. Should've, Could've, Would've but I outsmarted myself, huh . Guess I should start a working on my next..............Stump the BC Terror or "Get the brain that keeps on ticking"
Ha! Could not see the happy dance routine on PC. Now on tablet and looks like hellabolu dancers. Doing the Texasluva Stomp Romp 😕🤷‍♂️👉🙆‍♀️👱‍♀️💃
cperrynaples 4 days ago
20/20 and comments! [1]Debuted 3 days apart! [12]They LITERALLY were on the same time! [Thursday at 8]!
MrsPhilHarris 5 days ago
8/20 My timing was off.
Load previous comments
Ha ha. There you go with those words again. I think this is the fourth one I have either never seen or uttered before. Sussed. Before you know it I'll be half Canadian . It's fun though. First it's like what, who, where? Ohhhhhhhhh I see. I remember when my cousin from Utah long ago had some words or sayings I'd never heard before. Dialects are even different in the USA. The South, East, Middle west and upper North. Of course West too. If you ever seen the movie Fargo it is very apparent (their accents and such).
Yes the Fargo accents are quite distinctive.
The little speech that Frances McDormand gives the ruthless killer in the cop car near the end was amazing. So, that was Mrs. Lundegaard on the floor in there. And I guess that was your accomplice in the wood chipper. And those three people in Brainerd. And for what? For a little bit of money? There's more to life than a little money, you know. Don'tcha know that? And here ya are, and it's a beautiful day. Well. I just don't understand it......I almost chocked when she said that. I am looking out of her car to probably 10 below zero (Beautiful day?). The end she's talking with hubby (he designed a stamp but was not happy) she says honey you made the two center. Everyone need the little ones when they have to add to post. Then Lundegaard crying when he trying to escape police out the motel window. As well he should since his scheme got his wife killed. I like when they make good movies.
Lol! I loved that movie. She gets out of the car and has to heave. The wood chipper!

I had the video tape. Will look for it next time we are at the cabin. Good movie to watch there.
texasluva 5 days ago
Not exactly a clean slate 16 out of 20. I watched The Walton's maybe twice.
Load previous comments
texasluva Pacificsun 4 days ago
Oh also number 11 I looked up to be sure and guess what. Hume Cronyn was not only in Cleopatra, Shadow of A Doubt but my movie quiz too. That's wild, huh.
Pacificsun texasluva 4 days ago
Ya, he got around!
texasluva Pacificsun 3 days ago
Twitter is like world wide. People post their laundry-dirty or otherwise. Must be a billion people on there. I closed mine before ever using it. People could care less what they look or sound like. Yes those smut mags. Seen them walking through check out line. I got pregnant by an alien. Elvis alive and well in.....print it and fictional, people will buy it 😕
They really were an amazing couple. Apparently the Pope was outraged at her. Not sure why he wasn’t as outraged but Burton. It must have been an amazing set with all the extras and the real life drama going on at the same time.

PS I remember my mother having movie magazines. Full of very glamorous people!
Jeremy 5 days ago
I got 18 out of 20 right and I'm really, really ashamed because I should've known better.
Big3Fan 5 days ago
10/20 I guessed no on all of them and was correct on half of them. Not too bad. I have no idea what day of the week these shows aired on let alone the time slot. Sorry mama. Looks like I'll be reading a chapter from the Bible tonight.
alessandro11 Big3Fan 5 days ago
Actually the show day/time slot didn't matter for this quiz. It is only asking if a show was on the same year as the Waltons was on (1972-1981).
Barry22 5 days ago
17/20. Never watched The Waltons.
ncadams27 5 days ago
An interesting “same time” quiz would be to ask if two shows aired at the exact same time on different networks, like Perry Mason and Bonanza. Many times that was why I missed a good show in the pre-DVR era. I also missed anything that aired after 10 PM, but that is another story. Also anything my parents or older sisters wanted to watch or when we had company. Come to think of it, I never watched any of these shows when they first aired.
Pacificsun ncadams27 5 days ago
I agree for a repeat of that kind of quiz. MeTV Staff has done that before, and it has always been interesting!