Can you spot Lost in Space's ''Girl from the Green Dimension'' without her makeup?

Find this actress as a human on another classic series!

A Brooklyn native, Vitina Marcus won the title of Miss Bensonhurst in her youth. On the big screen, she appeared in The Lost World (1960), a sci-fi spectacular from the visionary Irwin Allen.

Marcus would make many appearances on television throughout the 1960s, notably on more shows produced by Allen.

But she is probably best known as Athena, "The Girl from the Green Dimension," in that classic episode of Lost in Space. (She previously appeared as essentially the same character, albeit named "Lorelei," in the earlier episode "Wild Adventure.")

Marcus continued to appear at Lost in Space conventions. Think you can spot her without all that green paint? Keep guessing until you find her!

Watch Lost in Space on MeTV!

Saturdays at 1 AM

1. Which one of these actresses played Athena in ''The Girl from the Green Dimension''?

tsgabel 1 month ago
Got it right first try. I couldn't have told you her name, but I'm pretty good at faces.
DJS3 1 month ago
It looks as if Star Trek and Star Wars don't hold a monopoly in tripping me up with green girls! 🤷‍♂️😜
libbyshults1957 1 month ago
Yay! First pick! Lost in Space was my absolute favorite growing up. I still watch.
Debbie 1 month ago
Took me 5 tries to get the correct one
Honeybunch99 1 month ago
I love MTV for the childhood TV programs
bewest169 1 month ago
Having the hots for Doctor Smith wow
mslawrence 1 month ago
Yay! I got it right❤️❤️👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
Voyage_Lover_32 1 month ago
Yeah! First try! I saw her on VttBotS so I recognized her immediately!
texasluva 1 month ago
Sunday is Fun Day. Throwing out a mixture of music, themes and movie scenes. You may if you wish tell me which ones you like or even dread.
Here we have the Lost In Space main Themes used during the run of episodes. Which one do you like the best?

Yes! It's Hotel California by the Eagles.

Get 3 coffins ready. You upset my mule. So if you were to apologize. Oh did I say 3 make that 4 coffins.

I can see for miles and miles and miles................THE WHO.......

There is a creature alive today. It is as if God created the Devil. Yikes.

The Animals-House of the Rising Sun-HD.
Jaws, one of the funniest movies ever made! It's a comedy classic! I sat through it once, {that was enough.} But whenever I see clips from it, they still make me chuckle chortle, tee-hee, guffaw, snicker, giggle, and laugh!
TexasGreek texasluva 1 month ago
Sunday late afternoon/evening always created anxiety for me. I knew what Monday was going to bring and I started tensing up before it even started. It took a lot of discipline to stop that anxiety. Friday night and Saturday were/are my days!!
Okay. Though most see it as a Adventure, Thriller. There are many parts that are a crack up. The tall tales and showing off of ones scars captured through their part fictional careers (trying to One-upmanship one another). Most was nervous laughter knowing full well what was most likely to happen to the next poor sap (on Jaws next hit list). I held back my laughter when the last victim was quaffed down in a few wiggly moments by Jaws. Classic yes. Not exactly Abbott and Costello Meet Jaws
texasluva TexasGreek 1 month ago
I hear ya. I had in mind to put the entertainment on Saturday but was busy on something else. Went with Sunday because it is so quiet here. Almost like a Ghost Town on weekends. Any weary MeTV travelers showing up could just kick back and temporarily get rid of their doldrums coming up on Mondays.
HopeDuchaine 1 month ago
I looked at the cheek bones and eyes; that is why I picked the right one.
BrentwoodJon 1 month ago
I think she was a Indian on Gunsmoke couple of times.
Once with Sgt. Carter on Gunsmoke that is.
Allison 1 month ago
Got it first try! Have no idea who she is - never saw her before.
stephaniestavr5 Allison 1 month ago
DUH! The article says she's an American actress. I think she's 83 now.
JZ6030 1 month ago
You picked the right actress!

Well done! That is indeed Vitina Marcus. She was on Gunsmoke, as seen here!

The only reason I got this on one try is that she was in a very dramatic Gunsmoke episode, she played an Indian woman married to a white man and at the end she cuts off 2 of her fingers to mourn her dead husband. I had never heard or seen her in anything else. Very beautiful though. 😍
Lacey 1 month ago
I'd like to see how she looked in the other TV incarnations you described.
stephaniestavr5 Lacey 1 month ago
Then GOOGLE her name if you want to see her. She's on there.
texasluva Lacey 1 month ago
Vitina left acting and Hollywood in 1970. 5 movies with many legends and a slew of TV show episodes. Had a daughter with Rory Calhoun. Went to Las Vegas and became a real Estate agent. The second Lost In Space episode Girl of the Green Dimension was on tonight.
jimmyvici 1 month ago