If you could only watch one classic TV show for the rest of your life, which would it be?

What would be your ''desert island'' choice?

Thanks to MeTV fan Augustine Tedesco from Winter Park, Florida, for submitting this quiz idea! Do you have a great idea for a quiz? Share it with us!

Television fans often debate what shows they simply could not live without. For example, if you were stranded on a desert island and could only have one show to watch, which one would you choose?

We've made it a little easier by breaking down all of classic TV into twelve categories. Pick which series in each genre would be the only one you would want to watch for the rest of your life.

1. If you could only choose one to watch for the rest of your life, which sitcom would you choose?
  2. Which of these would be the one western you would choose?
  3. Which detective show would you choose?
  4. Which family drama would you want to watch on your island?
  5. Which sketch comedy show would you choose?
  6. Which sci-fi or horror show could you not go without?
  7. Which classic legal drama would you need with you on your desert island?
  8. Which talk show would you choose?
  9. Which action show would you want to watch for the rest of your life?
  10. Which superhero show would you watch on your island?
  11. Which musical variety show would you choose?
  12. Which of these far out, sixties fantasy shows would be your pick for the desert island?

KCCLARK 30 days ago
I just guessed which was the most popular. I was WAY OFF on some of them. For example, I didn't realize that The Andy Griffith, Bewitched, and Carol Burnett were so popular. I was also surprised that Gunsmoke ran neck n neck with Bonanza. When I was a kid, Bonanza rated #1 show on network TV.
TinkRoss 1 month ago
I've been watching I Love Lucy my whole life already so that wouldn't change. I would like to add All In the Family. I would need that on my island.
dekane54 1 month ago
53% I should have picked The Rockford files though and I didn't
MaryHelen 1 month ago
#10 for me superman but was not a choice-- shame!!!
pwe1959 1 month ago
75% similar. Usually like to be different but they really hit some of my favorite shows.
DJS3 1 month ago
49% similar.

1. M*A*S*H for the character development over the entire run and of course, for the incredible series finale.

2. Gunsmoke for the number of episodes. All the Westerns listed were great.

3. The Rockford Files for many reasons, least of which is the great theme song.

4. Dallas. All of the shows to choose from were great, but I love Dallas' opening credits and theme song.

5. The Carol Burnett Show for the variety and for Tim Conway.

6. Star Trek. Kirk, Spock, and Bones, my early Sci-Fi trinity.

7. L.A. Law for the great cast, especially Jimmy Smits and Corbin Bernsen.

8. The Tonight Show With Johnny Carson. Nobody is better than Johnny.

9. The A-Team for its outright campiness and humor.

10. Wonder Woman. 2 word: Lynda Carter!

11. The Ed Sullivan Show. It's a really big show!

12. The Munsters because they're relatable.
Lillyrose 1 month ago
59% similar. I Love Lucy is my all time favorite show!
Logical61 1 month ago
48% similar. Some of the shows I saw so often, like original Trek, that I know them by heart & wouldn’t need to see them on a desert island.
sovoguegirl 1 month ago
100% similar and I was born in the late 70’s...must just be an old soul❤️
HopeDuchaine 1 month ago
88% similar. I wish I could pick all of the show's: The Munsters,etc.
Pilaf 1 month ago
I would LOVE to see "I Married Joan" on ME TV!
moax429 Pilaf 1 month ago
It's on MeTV's sister channel Decades.
ebonylegolis55 1 month ago
I love Metv, it takes me back to when life was fun and easier.
lgbyrne1129 1 month ago
I went with long-running programs and ones I’ve seen way too often but still enjoy.
MadMadMadWorld 1 month ago
#12, '60s Far-out Fantasy shows reported: Bewitched at 36%, The Munsters at 27%, I Dream of Jeannie at 20%, and The Addams Family at 17%. I voted for "I Dream of Jeannie." How many men would turn down the exquisite, sexy Barbara Eden? Her only real competition was Elizabeth Montgomery on "Bewitched." Jeannie's costumes were absolutely gorgeous on her, while I don't recall seeing Samantha in a comparable, however lovely she also was!
Barbara Eden was gorgeous & Bill Daily’s comic genius as Major Healey took a quirkier turn when he played Howard Borden the following decade. — Addams family was my favorite & it wasn’t till I was in my 30s that I discovered the Charles Addams cartoons from the New Yorker on which the series was based!
RichardMartin 1 month ago
My all time favorite is MASH “Goodbye, Farewell and Amen.”
Logical61 RichardMartin 1 month ago
Watched it with about two hundred people crammed into the only tv lounge allowed on my small campus in the Santa Barbara hills that spring...
Darlin 1 month ago
I wish my channel that carries this out of Tallahassee would get the dang station back on as I'm really missing MeTV
Darlin 1 month ago
Who the heck watches Ed Sullivan. I used to leave the room if he was on
Load previous comments
texasluva Darlin 1 month ago
Its not all about Ed. He introduces guests. Had the best of entertainment on TV in those times. Beatles, Stones, The Animals, most all the singers with hit songs of the year, Circus entertainers, comedy, Ed was it, period. Who watched it? Millions. So the Who is you. The rest of Us is the millions. I guess its the eye of the beholder. No one has to like anything in life.
👏...Well said.
Angela raustin2008 1 month ago
Yes! In those days, that was one of the only places we could see our 60's idols, even if he did make the Stones change their lyrics... "Lets' spend some TIME together..." I still remember Mick Jagger's expression when he had to sing that. LOL! Ed Sullivan could make and break careers.
raustin2008 Angela 1 month ago
As a host, I actually liked Ed Sullivan. I know he had his ways like when he told the Doors they couldn’t say, Girl we couldn’t get much higher”. They said they’d change it and then sang it anyway. Classic Jim Morrison. Then the producers told them after that they’d never do the Ed Sullivan show again, to which Morrison replied, “We just did the Ed Sullivan show” which could also be taken a few ways. Still, Ed gave newcomers a chance and had artists who later because the biggest around. There was no guarantee with how big of an event the Beatles appearances were that they wouldn’t have been just a footnote 6 months later.