Can you fly through this Lost in Space fan quiz?

Try not to get tangled in this treacherous trivia!

Thanks to MeTV fan Christopher Seeley from Killeen, Texas, for submitting this quiz! Do you have a great idea for a quiz? Share it with us!

The classic Irwin Allen science fiction series Lost in Space was sometimes funny, sometimes creepy but always a little strange.

How well do you know this far out series? Try to get all 15 of these tantalizing trivia treats right!

Watch Lost in Space on MeTV!

Saturdays at 1 AM

1. When did Lost in Space originally air on CBS?
  2. Which composer who worked on Lost in Space later composed music for Hollywood Blockbusters such as Jaws and Raiders of The Lost Ark?
  3. What was the Jupiter 2’s launch date?
  4. Pilot Donald West held which rank?
  5. What was the name of the Lost in Space original unaired pilot episode?
  6. When does “Machiavellian Menace” Dr. Zachary Smith reprogram the robot to destroy the Jupiter 2?
  7. In “The Derelict” the Robinson Family barely avoids which catastrophe?
  8. In “Return from Outer Space” Will Robinson used the Tauron Matter Transfer device to beam to Earth, where did he arrive?
  9. In “The Keeper - Parts One and Two” what did Michael Rennie’s Keeper use to control his animals?
  10. In “The Challenge” who played Quano, the young warrior seeking approval from his father?
  11. In “Blast Off into Space” who played Nerim the space miner?
  12. In “Wreck of The Robot” why was the Robinson’s Robot stolen by aliens?
  13. In “Visit to a Hostile Planet” the Robinson Family passed through a time warp and returned to Earth in what year?
  14. In “Flight into the Future” who played Commander Fletcher, leader of the Earth archaeological team?
  15. Traveler Jimmy Hapgood from “Welcome, Stranger” left Earth in which year?

Can you fly through this Lost in Space fan quiz?

jschliclbernd9 8 days ago
11/15 haven't seen this show in years.
GregLemieux 13 days ago
15/15 I'm a huge Lost in Space fan. Good job by the fans on these questions.
Filmnoirfan 15 days ago
9/15 - watched the show as a kid and still have the plastic replica toy robot
loupast1941690 26 days ago
Got all the answers. Right yuk,yuk,yuk.i must be a stoge! Surtinly!
daniel 26 days ago
Ike and Corabeth were not "side" characters on "The Waltons". Ike was in most episodes from the start, and, when Corabeth joined in season 3, she and Ike were major characters from then on. They supplied many plots for the episodes, as well as subplots.
JanMMitchell 1 month ago
Thanks Supercat58, I guess that I forgot that one.
Geronimo 1 month ago
Never did like Lost in Space. Was and still is a Batman fan!
Hogansucks1 1 month ago
9 out of 15, that took me back to childhood. I find it perhaps coincidentally intriguing that the writers picked the year 1947 on question 13- because that was the year of the Roswell U.F.O. Incident in New Mexico !!! 🤔 🧐. 🙂
louiejl 1 month ago
Got 11 of 15. Not bad. Haven't watched the show since it was originally on the air.
cseeley90 louiejl 1 month ago
The show made quite an impression then?
JanMMitchell 1 month ago
5 right out of 15. I watched Lost In Space many times but some these questions are not things that I would have remembered. The that stands out to me is the first episode in black and white when they landed on a planet and gave thanks in prayer to God that they were safe.
Supercat58 JanMMitchell 1 month ago
I think they replayed that scene (kneeling and giving thanks) in The Hungry Sea episode when they got back on dry land.
Rob12953 1 month ago
I got 9/15. I liked the show cause I thought our space travel technology was within reason to create such a ship. But still waiting.
Hogansucks1 Rob12953 1 month ago
They Do ! It’s ALL black op’s & ultra-Top Secret stuff, THEY know the general population couldn’t handle mentally What the government’s around the world have in their back pockets! At least that’s what I’ve heard. 😙 🤨
TheDavBow3 1 month ago
10/15. Lots and lots of guesses. I loved the show, in syndication, as a kid but it didn't quite stand the test of time for me. Dr. Smith was so funny though. Calling the robot a "bumbling booby" still gives me chuckle 😄. Also his screaming and holding Will in front of him when he's scared 😆
JoeSHill 1 month ago
As a lifelong fan of "LOST IN SPACE", the history behind how this show was favored over "STAR TREK" was an interesting piece of sour grapes trivia, especially when Gene Roddenberry had shown "THE CAGE" to the CBS executives (unaware of the unusual turn of corporate events over the following decades that would later result in CBS owning a show and its amazing franchise that they originally rejected in favor of this unique rival) and the eventual bad blood that followed over the years, but it didn't hinder the large fan following that "LOST IN SPACE" had started, especially after their CBS years and the decades of TV syndication that followed!
Hogansucks1 JoeSHill 1 month ago
saynocando 1 month ago
12 out 15 not bad. I watched this show as much as Star Trek tos.
MikefromJersey 1 month ago
13 for 15. I won a date with Judy Robinson! Take notes Major West, I'll show you how to
pitch some woo.
Poor Judy. Stuck with Don, who couldn't get to first base if you drew him a map. The only other
potential suitor is Dr. Smith who is too old. Put a beret on the robot, give him a pencil thin mustache, program him with a Pepe LePew French accent and he'd be beating Major West's
time with Judy in a heartbeat. The Wild Wild West he ain't.
I’d like to meet the remaining cast members sometime, but they only seem to do appearances on the East or West coast.
I talked to them at a Atlantic City Show. I ticked off Jonathon Harris aka Dr. Smith when I asked him how much he got from the reruns(none after 3rd showing) and he lapsed back into his genuine Bronx accent and attitude for a time. People were shocked, but Mumy was delighted. Harris put on the effeminate affectations to get those kind of roles, thus standing out from
the herd of actors vying for those and all sorts of roles. Brilliant move on his part, he was
never a starving actor again.