Can you fly through this Lost in Space fan quiz?

Try not to get tangled in this treacherous trivia!

Thanks to MeTV fan Christopher Seeley from Killeen, Texas, for submitting this quiz! Do you have a great idea for a quiz? Share it with us!

The classic Irwin Allen science fiction series Lost in Space was sometimes funny, sometimes creepy but always a little strange.

How well do you know this far out series? Try to get all 15 of these tantalizing trivia treats right!

Watch Lost in Space on MeTV!

Saturdays at 1 AM

1. When did Lost in Space originally air on CBS?
  2. Which composer who worked on Lost in Space later composed music for Hollywood Blockbusters such as Jaws and Raiders of The Lost Ark?
  3. What was the Jupiter 2’s launch date?
  4. Pilot Donald West held which rank?
  5. What was the name of the Lost in Space original unaired pilot episode?
  6. When does “Machiavellian Menace” Dr. Zachary Smith reprogram the robot to destroy the Jupiter 2?
  7. In “The Derelict” the Robinson Family barely avoids which catastrophe?
  8. In “Return from Outer Space” Will Robinson used the Tauron Matter Transfer device to beam to Earth, where did he arrive?
  9. In “The Keeper - Parts One and Two” what did Michael Rennie’s Keeper use to control his animals?
  10. In “The Challenge” who played Quano, the young warrior seeking approval from his father?
  11. In “Blast Off into Space” who played Nerim the space miner?
  12. In “Wreck of The Robot” why was the Robinson’s Robot stolen by aliens?
  13. In “Visit to a Hostile Planet” the Robinson Family passed through a time warp and returned to Earth in what year?
  14. In “Flight into the Future” who played Commander Fletcher, leader of the Earth archaeological team?
  15. Traveler Jimmy Hapgood from “Welcome, Stranger” left Earth in which year?

Can you fly through this Lost in Space fan quiz?

jschliclbernd9 5 months ago
11/15 haven't seen this show in years.
GregLemieux 5 months ago
15/15 I'm a huge Lost in Space fan. Good job by the fans on these questions.
Filmnoirfan 6 months ago
9/15 - watched the show as a kid and still have the plastic replica toy robot
loupast1941690 6 months ago
Got all the answers. Right yuk,yuk,yuk.i must be a stoge! Surtinly!
daniel 6 months ago
Ike and Corabeth were not "side" characters on "The Waltons". Ike was in most episodes from the start, and, when Corabeth joined in season 3, she and Ike were major characters from then on. They supplied many plots for the episodes, as well as subplots.
JanMMitchell 6 months ago
Thanks Supercat58, I guess that I forgot that one.
Geronimo 6 months ago
Never did like Lost in Space. Was and still is a Batman fan!
Hogansucks1 6 months ago
9 out of 15, that took me back to childhood. I find it perhaps coincidentally intriguing that the writers picked the year 1947 on question 13- because that was the year of the Roswell U.F.O. Incident in New Mexico !!! 🤔 🧐. 🙂
louiejl 6 months ago
Got 11 of 15. Not bad. Haven't watched the show since it was originally on the air.
cseeley90 louiejl 6 months ago
The show made quite an impression then?
JanMMitchell 6 months ago
5 right out of 15. I watched Lost In Space many times but some these questions are not things that I would have remembered. The that stands out to me is the first episode in black and white when they landed on a planet and gave thanks in prayer to God that they were safe.
Supercat58 JanMMitchell 6 months ago
I think they replayed that scene (kneeling and giving thanks) in The Hungry Sea episode when they got back on dry land.
Rob12953 6 months ago
I got 9/15. I liked the show cause I thought our space travel technology was within reason to create such a ship. But still waiting.
Hogansucks1 Rob12953 6 months ago
They Do ! It’s ALL black op’s & ultra-Top Secret stuff, THEY know the general population couldn’t handle mentally What the government’s around the world have in their back pockets! At least that’s what I’ve heard. 😙 🤨
TheDavBow3 6 months ago
10/15. Lots and lots of guesses. I loved the show, in syndication, as a kid but it didn't quite stand the test of time for me. Dr. Smith was so funny though. Calling the robot a "bumbling booby" still gives me chuckle 😄. Also his screaming and holding Will in front of him when he's scared 😆
Also bubble-headed booby; tin-plated traitor; and probably a dozen more insulting nicknames!
JoeSHill 6 months ago
As a lifelong fan of "LOST IN SPACE", the history behind how this show was favored over "STAR TREK" was an interesting piece of sour grapes trivia, especially when Gene Roddenberry had shown "THE CAGE" to the CBS executives (unaware of the unusual turn of corporate events over the following decades that would later result in CBS owning a show and its amazing franchise that they originally rejected in favor of this unique rival) and the eventual bad blood that followed over the years, but it didn't hinder the large fan following that "LOST IN SPACE" had started, especially after their CBS years and the decades of TV syndication that followed!
Hogansucks1 JoeSHill 6 months ago
saynocando 6 months ago
12 out 15 not bad. I watched this show as much as Star Trek tos.