Which of these vintage toys is NOT a G.I. Joe figure?

“America’s movable fighting man” went through many different iterations. Can you spot the ONE figure that does NOT belong to this iconic franchise?

After Mattel’s Barbie doll became a huge success in the early 1960s, Hasbro saw an opening to create a counterpart aimed at boys. Thus, G.I. Joe was born. Originally released as a set of action figures representing different branches of the military, the toys expanded to include all kinds of adventurous jobs.

After declining sales in the 1970s, the franchise was reinvented with a companion comic book and animated show. Creating multiple individual characters, and antagonists for them to fight week after week, worked to attract a new generation to the G.I. Joe line.

Eight of the figures below were released under the G.I. Joe name in the 1960s, '70s and '80s. One toy belongs to a totally different franchise. Can you spot which one is no Joe? Keep picking until you find it!

Watch Collector's Call on MeTV!

New episodes!

Sundays at 6:30 PM

1. Which one of these figures is NOT from a G.I. Joe set?

Which of these vintage toys is NOT a G.I. Joe figure?

KawiVulc 24 days ago
Seriously? A William Perry figure? Still pi$$e$ me off that Ditka let him score in the Super Bowl rather than Walter Payton. If only one player scored in that game it should have been Sweetness.
Zip 24 days ago
Only took me about 5 times.

The G.I. Joe with the Kung Fu grip. Now that is the one I remember. With that fuzzy hair. I loved those toys!
Tresix 25 days ago
First try! I had Mason but not Joe. Also had Big Jim and Action Jackson (no connection to the movie starring Carl Weathers).
TheDavBow3 Tresix 24 days ago
Me too. I had Big Jim, Big Jeff and Big Josh. I remember they were @ 4 inches shorter than the G.I. Joe's. Yep, and also remember, that Action Jackson is his name, bold adventure is his game. Tell him what you want to be then call on me.... Action Jackson! Something like that 😄😉
RichLorn 25 days ago
I never had any GI Joe toys. When they were hot I was waiting to be a Vietnam draftee. I was afraid I'd look weird playing with him in the barracks.
JanSWI RichLorn 24 days ago
When my son was n Iraq with his Marine Reserve unit, they'd sit around the barracks playing video games against each other on their laptops. Oh, how times have changed! Thank you for your service!
Michael JanSWI 24 days ago
I th ought comic books were a hot item in the Vietnam war.o

But I thought we saw someone reading comic books in Rat Patrol.
Toot1956 25 days ago
Got it on first try. Had the Gi Joe as a kid, Christmas memories.
MalachiCrunch 25 days ago
First shot!
I had seventies Joe's along with Big Jim and Steve Austin. Along with an Oscar Goldman and his briefcase full of goodies!
Me too. I had the Steve Austin figure. I remember he was tall. He was even a couple inches bigger than the 70s Joe's
MrsFletcher 25 days ago
First try! Only because I recognized Major Matt Mason right away.
JohnAustin779 26 days ago
I got this right on my second try. It was easy, especially if you grew up playing with GI Joe figures in the '80s, like I did. That's why it took me two tries on the guesses because the answer's not from the G.I. Joe figures of the '80s. The answer lies in the beginning of the G.I Joe toyline back in the '60s and I wasn't born then.

In fact, my Mom was a tiny tyke herself when G.I Joe started. I wouldn't be born until 1979 so all my experience with G.I Joe comes only from the '80s. I look forward to seeing tomorrow's Collector's Call with the G.I. Joe collection on it and reliving some nostalgia from my youth. Live long and prosper, MeTV 🙂🖖.
Mac2Nite 26 days ago
Easy Peasy 😊👍 Matt was never a Joe...