Can you tell the difference between Rawhide episodes and ELO songs?

Clint Eastwood and "Mr. Blue Sky" are not as far apart as you might think.

Jeff Lynne is a Beatles fanatic and friend, studio wizard and member of the Traveling Wilburys. Clint Eastwood is a tough-as-leather Western hero. One fronted the band Electric Light Orchestra and recorded hit after hit in the 1970s. The other starred on Rawhide in the late '50s and early '60s.

You would think these two would be easy to tell apart. But ELO song titles can tend to sound like Westerns… and Rawhide episode titles would make great rock song titles.

See if you can tell them apart!

Watch Rawhide on MeTV!

Saturdays at 3 PM

1. "The Blue Spy"
  2. "Mr. Blue Sky"
  3. "Mrs. Harmon"
  4. "The Gray Rock Hotel"
  5. "The Diary of Horace Wimp"
  6. "A Man Called Mushy"
  7. "Wild West Hero"
  8. "Across the Border"
  9. "Twenty-Five Santa Clauses"
  10. "Sweet Talkin' Woman"
  11. "The Child-Woman"
  12. "Evil Woman"
  13. "The Devil and the Deep Blue"
  14. "Showdown"
  15. "Eldorado"
  16. "Walk into Terror"
  17. "Nightrider"
  18. "House of the Hunter"

Can you tell the difference between Rawhide episodes and ELO songs?

biscuits18521 3 days ago
12/18 not too bad. I know some ELO songs on this, but many of them I didn't know. And some I knew were not on this like Turn to Stone, Don't Bring Me Down, and Telephone Line to name a few.
MichelleWaslh 15 days ago
18 out of 18 correct answers not bad it all
That's really good!
frenchman71 19 days ago
16/18. I'm a huge ELO fan but some of the titles I had to guess at. I had most of their albums, too.
katwil804 25 days ago
I love your station! I watch a few shows during the week,but on Saturday and Sunday it's all day and night.
TexasGreek 25 days ago
You got 12 out of 18
Never a big ELO fan. I cherrypicked their music.
I'm a Boston, Zeppelin, Blue Oyster Cult, Styx, etc. fan for that genre.
TexasGreek TexasGreek 25 days ago
I said genre but thats really not right. All the bands I mentioned including ELO had a distinctive sound.. unlike most of the stuff nowadays. Country music now is an abomination... sounds like something Britney Spears would sing!!
dwalk TexasGreek 24 days ago
Musical taste tends to be very individualistic. That said, American Roots music has become my go to for country/folk style music. f you want to check it out, It streams here https://americanroots.torontocast.stream/
frenchman71 TexasGreek 19 days ago
You got good musical taste. And I agree with your assessment of today's country music.
Catman 25 days ago
OK. I love the Beatles, beyond what's healthy, actually, since the first night on Sullivan. I also loved the WIlburys, and appreciate Jeff Lynn's contributions to them. But ELO just never did it for me. Also gotta say all that macho Clint Eastwood stuff ain't my cuppa tay either. Which is why I crashed and burned on this one.
Croft1 25 days ago
16/18. ELO greatly unappreciated band. Much like the Moody Blues. I worked the soundboard for both. ELO actually did the Theme For Rawhide in concert a few times. Not quite the Blues Brothers but a damn good instrumental version. Kinda brings the quozz full circle.
Barry22 25 days ago
18/18. Not a Rawhide fan, but do know my ELO.
MaryAnn 25 days ago
15/18 Thought I knew my ELO, but every one I missed was actually an ELO song.
daDoctah MaryAnn 20 days ago
Same here. And a regular part of my driving-around playlist is their 8-minute album cut of "Roll Over Beethoven" (you might see me in the car next to you at a stoplight playing air cello).
MaryAnn daDoctah 20 days ago
🎻🎻🎻
SashaPayneDiaz 26 days ago
14/18 I'm no really an ELO fan to any great extent, I know a few song titles from FM radio hits and I really don't remember episode titles from any TV show.....that being said, I didn't do too bad for just wingin' it. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. ;)
autocorrect....."I NOT really an ELO fan....."
Angela 26 days ago
I love ELO and their moody songs - "Showdown" is one of my all-time faves, but I still only got 13/18.:(
MrsPhilHarris 26 days ago
13/18. Thought I would know all the ELO titles since I had some of their albums.