Pick: What are your Motown and soul preferences?

It's time to decide: Stevie Wonder or Marvin Gaye?

The birth of Motown started in 1959 in Detroit. Motown Records was so successful it achieved 79 records in the top ten of the Billboard Hot 100 between 1960 and 1969. Motown artists provided us with songs that made us cry, tunes that made us bust a move and albums that inspired change.

Some of these artists included: The Temptations, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder and many more. Many of these artists appeared on classic TV, too.

Soul music in the era was equally important. It paved the way for artists today and brought us immense feelings that still stick with us.

We still listen to them today. Now the question is, if you had to choose, which Motown or soul song would you rather listen to?

1. Which song are you spending the night dancing to?
  2. Which song are you playing in the background at dinner?
  3. Which of these songs are you playing on a romantic date?
  4. Which of these songs would you listen to on repeat?
  5. Which of these albums would you get autographed if you had the chance?
  6. Which Motown artist would you choose to meet?
  7. Which song is most iconic in your opinion?
  8. Which Motown song is most underrated?
  9. Which Motown song takes you back to the decade?
  10. Which song would you listen to on a rainy day?
  11. Which song gets you in your feels?

Pick: What are your Motown and soul preferences?

JHP 6 hours ago
couldnt take the quiz - it would be like deciding between Porterhouse and Ribeye
geleta 27 days ago
60%….. not bad, not bad at all 😊
bagandwallyfan52 1 month ago
I love Motown Music but I also
Love these 2 Love Songs of The
Beatles:.Do You Want To Know A Secret? And PS I Love You.
These 2 Beatles Songs follow
My comments.
retro6 1 month ago
46%. Primary genre of music I group up with so difficult to choose but picked the ones based on my growing up with all these songs
RichLorn 1 month ago
62% in mono.
But in stereo it would be 31% left and 31% right.
tintin 1 month ago
I had a hard time choosing between some of these songs but I see I chose mostly the same as a lot of people
tintin 1 month ago
Was the song if you don’t know me by now you will never never never know me by Harold Melvin (I think) Done on Motown.
rclyde tintin 1 month ago
No, it was a Philadelphia label
Moverfan 1 month ago
Fifty percent similar...to what, i don't know. Some of these songs I've never heard or even heard of--can't put a melody to them, anyway. So I say we crank the radio up and go find the doofus who thinks you can choose between Stevie Wonder and Marvin Gaye because there is something wrong with that boy!
Michael 1 month ago
In 1979, I met a woman from Detroit. And s.he said something about emulating the Supremes as a kid. Exceot they wou ld never let her be Diana Ross.
Morgan21 1 month ago
50% similar.... guess my romantic taste lie more w Smokey Robinson.

And no where did any question mention Aretha! 👀 Or The Platters, The Pretenders...
UTZAAKE 1 month ago
55% similar.
3. "My Girl" good, "My Baby" even better (both by The Temptations).
5. All four are outstanding, but Marvin Gaye's What's Going On is generally considered one of the most essential albums.
8. A most underrated of Motown songs is the original version of "Until You Come Back to Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)" by co-writer Stevie Wonder. Originally recorded in 1967 and released a decade later.
Michael UTZAAKE 1 month ago
I felt this was about the sixties. What's Going On came out in 1971. It doesn't diminish his earlier work, but somehow it is a big step up.
timothys71 1 month ago
33%--I guess I have some unusual tastes. Lots of great music from Motown in the 1960's and early 70's, though most of it was a bit before my time. (Actually I think there was a lot of great music period during that era.)
FrankCollins 1 month ago
I quit the quiz when I saw, for the second time, "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye. Diana Ross did that song a lot, lot, lot, lot better.
timothys71 FrankCollins 1 month ago
We're all entitled to our own opinion, of course--and I think mine is a minority opinion--but I personally am not a fan of Diana Ross' version. I thought she butchered the song by replacing the verses with spoken word passages. I much prefer Marvin Gaye's original.
Riff60 1 month ago
65% similar. Kind of a different type of quiz
Gayleistoons 1 month ago
25% similar....less than that. These choices hardly represent anyone I know. The titles to choose from, even less. I know who didn't vote here 🤣🤣🤣🤣