Only a true Trekkie can get 10/10 on this Star Trek fan quiz

Put your Star Trek trivia knowledge to the test!

Thanks to MeTV fan Christopher Seeley from Killeen, Texas, for submitting this quiz! Do you have a great idea for a quiz? Share it with us!

The original Star Trek, arguably the most iconic science fiction show ever to grace the small screen, premiered 54 years ago this month. And its legacy only continues to grow! New spinoffs are still being created and more fans are discovering the series that started it all.

How well do you know Gene Roddenberry's initial sixties space adventure? Test your Trek trivia knowledge below!

Watch Star Trek on MeTV!

Saturdays at 10 PM

1. Which episode premiered September 8th, 1966?
  2. Which cast member was in both "The Cage" and "Where No Man Has Gone Before"?
  3. Mark Leonard played the Vulcan Ambassador (and Spock's father) Sarek and what other character in Original Star Trek?
  4. William Campbell had two roles in the Original Star Trek, that of Trelane and which Klingon?
  5. Which of the following was one of Lt. Sulu's hobbies?
  6. Captain Kirk's Corbomite bluff worked in "The Corbomite Maneuver" and what other episode?
  7. Who designed the original Starship Enterprise?
  8. What does the NCC in the Starship Enterprise's registry NCC-1701 stand for?
  9. Which song did Lt. Uhura mainly sing?
  10. In which star system did the Starship Constellation discover the planet killer?

Only a true Trekkie can get 10/10 on this Star Trek fan quiz

daDoctah 5 days ago
Got 5/10, including the last one where I just picked an answer at random.

Some of these were right up there with questions like the combination to the safe in Kirk's quarters. Questions that triggered him to respond "GET A LIFE!"
scp 5 days ago
8 out of 10 and I cheated a bit on two of them. That was a hard quiz.
FrankCollins 6 days ago
Lately some of your trivia quizzes, like this one, should be titled, "Trivia that no one should ever care about, or bother to remember."
RoberttheWallace 6 days ago
I'm chagrined big-time--Nichelle Nichols sang " Beyond Antares " on episodes: " The Conscience Of The King " and " The Changeling "; NOT " Charlie X " { although it, as well as the other two mentioned, was--and were--Super episode( s )!
RoberttheWallace 6 days ago
9/10--Very, Very Excellent trivia; my BAD, I neglected to remember beautiful Nichele Nichols singing " Beyond Antares " in that excellent episode: " Charlie X " with Robert. Walker Jr. Forgive me Lt. Uhura! ! !
Lacey 6 days ago
9-10.
I never knew what NCC stood for.
EmBee 6 days ago
I'll bet I could make a quiz about a show with some really obscure question only I would know the answer to, too!
KellyTenace EmBee 6 days ago
Really. System L-562?? How ridiculous. If you get 5 of 10 in this, you are still likely a bright Star Trek fan.
SashaPayneDiaz 7 days ago
I......only.....got.....5.....out of 10!
David SashaPayneDiaz 6 days ago
You got 5 out of 10
Did this result raise some eyebrows?
srrainwater 7 days ago
5/10 and I had turn in my Vulcan ears😫
Runeshaper 7 days ago
6/10 - not bad considering I haven't finished the series yet LOL
atouchet1965 8 days ago
10 outt 10. Remembered more than I thought.
JKMallaber 8 days ago
5/10, But many of these questions I don't think would really stick with anyone, maybe it's just me.

How about GNDN? You'll see that on pipes in the ship. Actually stands for "Goes Nowhere, Does Nothing." I could make political comments, but I will refrain!
EmBee JKMallaber 6 days ago
No, you're right. A couple of those questions were really out there. I mean who remembers star system numbers? I have a hard enough time remembering what I had for breakfast.
Croft1 8 days ago
9/10 no. 6 wasn't exactly the corbinite correct. I'd say they over simplified that one a bit. Anyway. They got me.
TheDavBow3 8 days ago
3/10. Oh boy! Tough and interesting quiz. Thank you, Christopher.
CaptainDunsel 8 days ago
9/10
Shot down by the Doomsday Machine.
bnichols23 8 days ago
"My dear Captain Koloth!" 7; I never paid too much attention to the nomenclature numbers of star systems. Too much in a hurry & mis-clicked what should have been Deadly Years, & the other was just plain dumb-buh....
EllisClevenger 9 days ago
You got 6 out of 10
Did this result raise some eyebrows?
It raised my eyebrows.
I never was a fan of Star Trek (original series).
There was better science fiction, on at the time.
As someone said, earlier, ask me about Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, or Voyager.
There was better (or at least more intriguing) on, yeah, but Asimov himself did say it was the only TV show he watched, so.....
Stan1701 bnichols23 8 days ago
I'm sorry but I do not recall any science fiction show during Star Trek's original run that was "better." Could you specify?
I agree with Stan1701 (btw, LUV your screen name). I too am curious as to what better science fiction was on during Star Trek's original run. Certainly not Lost in Space! Not saying it wasn't fun TV (tho I never watched it because it competed against Batman and I would NEVER pass up a chance to watch Batman!), Lost in Space was most definitely NOT in the same league as ST! Twilight Zone comes to mind because it did contain some episodes that were indeed sci-fi, but most were more of a supernatural bent and that series aired originally around 1959-1964 or thereabouts (ST did not begin airing until 1966). Don't get me wrong. I love TZ very, very much, but I do not think you can compare the two. Outer Limits was definitely sci-fi, but aired around 1963-65, also before ST's time. Both those venerable anthology series were in reruns by the time ST came around.
bnichols23 Stan1701 7 days ago
I was thinking more in terms of interesting/intriguing, on the order of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Time Tunnel, The Invaders, The Prisoner (OK, technically not SF), etc., those sorts.
KellyTenace Stan1701 6 days ago
I imagine, depending on one's taste, they could name a bunch of other sci-fi shows from that era that they might like more. Time-Tunnel, Land of the Giants, The Prisoner, The Outer Limits, even the original Doctor Who. The list goes on. That said, I personally would agree Trek was probably the best, but one *could* make quite
an argument for a few others.
DIGGER1 9 days ago
Only a true Trekkie can get 10/10 on this Star Trek fan quiz
You got 8 out of 10
That result would make anyone smile. Great job!
____________________________________________________________________
I missed Questions 7 & 8.
bnichols23 DIGGER1 8 days ago
7 was the other one I screwed up too. I clicked Justman, & should have *remembered* it was Jeffries. :\
Mirramanee bnichols23 8 days ago
Yes, you forgot why there were "Jefferies tubes" in the Enterprise!
DIGGER1 Mirramanee 8 days ago
I also can never seem to remember the name "MATT JEFFRIES". LOL!
bnichols23 Mirramanee 7 days ago
Nah, that I knew, but for some reason the went to Justman. If they'd painted flames on like *Dean* Jeffries was famous for, no way would I have blown it!
Rob 9 days ago
I only got three right. Haven’t watched that much of the original but I would have aced a next generation quiz.