Only a true Trekkie can tell the difference between the first and last episodes of Star Trek

Is this image from ''The Man Trap'' or ''Turnabout Intruder''?

When Star Trek premiered on September 8, 1966, nobody had seen anything like it. There was no need yet to call it "The Original Series." The colorful, exciting, thoughtful episode titled "The Man Trap" was totally unique.

It's hard to believe the entire series ran in under three years, considering its impact has lasted for decades.

The series finale, "Turnabout Intruder," aired in June 1969. By then, the Enterprise crew had changed. Some of the familiar characters we all known and love are surprisingly not in one or the other of these episodes. Other things had changed, too. That's a clue.

See if you can tell "The Man Trap" apart from "Turnabout Intruder"!

Watch Star Trek on MeTV!

Saturdays at 10 PM

1. Which episode featured this creepy ''Salt Vampire''?
  2. Which episode featured this body swap special effect?
  3. Which episode featured the opening title credits in blue?
  4. Which episode features this character known simply as ''Green''?
  5. Which episode featured this Janice?
  6. Which episode featured this Janice?
  7. Which episode featured this bridge scene?
  8. Which episode featured this conversation between Spock and Uhura?
  9. Which episode visits the planet M-113?
  10. Which planet has a captain's log of stardate 5928.5?
  11. Which episode features this conversation between Scotty and Bones?
  12. Which episode featured this unfortunate skin condition?
  13. Which episode opened with Spock in command?
  14. Which episode featured Dr. Coleman?
  15. In which episode do we see McCoy sleeping in his quarters?

DJS3 1 month ago
15/15!
I'll take Star Trek, for ALL the money, Alex!
DerekBird 1 month ago
You got 12 out of 15
You have a good eye for analyzing data!
JoeSHill 1 month ago
The actress who played "Janice Lester" in "STAR TREK"s final episode, "Turnabout Intruder" was played by Sandra Smith, who, 50 years ago, was a cast regular on CBS's "THE INTERNS" from Screen Gems in Fall 1970, which included Broderick Crawford, Mike Farrell (before "M.A.S.H." in 1975) and Christopher Stone, and an actress named Elaine Gifftos, who appeared on "THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY", also, 50 years ago!
Rambo4 1 month ago
You got 15 out of 15

You have a good eye for analyzing data!

Not my favorite episodes, but I know my classic Star Trek!
WF 1 month ago
Aren't there supposed to be pictures with this? Some of these are rather hard to answer with no picture!

By the way, when did the creature in the first episode start being called the "Salt Vampire"? I was an avid fan and watched ST from this very first episode, but I never heard of the creature being called anything at all until many years later. To me it was always "the creature from planet M-113". Notice it was not an "alien". Kirk et al. were the aliens on M-113!
WF WF 1 month ago
OK, it works for me now. 15 out of 15. The only really difficult one was the one with the blue opening title credits. My father refused to get a color TV back then (we were not going to be "slaves to the boob tube!"), so I saw all of the original episodes (and everything else on TV) in black and white. Fortunately there has been syndication and VHS/DVD availability!
RoberttheWallace 1 month ago
I have a good eye for attention to detail--nailed 'em! Excellent quiz, I love " Star Trek " [ TOS ] trivia, having grown up with this Iconic series! DeForest Kelley, my favorite one on the show! ! !
David 1 month ago
You got 15 out of 15
You have a good eye for analyzing data!
scp 1 month ago
14 out of 15.
Missed #13 with Spock.
phritzg 1 month ago
Those bust bookends above McCoy's head in the final question's image; they kind of look like Spock's head, but without the pointy ears. Any ideas who they represent?
MaryMitch phritzg 1 month ago
Those are great! I wonder if it was some kind of behind-the-scenes joke.
Wiseguy MaryMitch 1 month ago
Probably props they found in the Desilu warehouse.
CaptainDunsel 1 month ago
14/15
The only one I missed was the color of the title card.
Diane 1 month ago
12 out of 15 not bad for guesses lol
Stoney 1 month ago
12 for 15. Missed 11, 13, and 14
stephaniestavr5 1 month ago
A couple/few fans have expressed dislike for The Man Trap. I remember when I was really into Star Trek, I was also into vampires. {which I was before I liked ST.} So the reasons I liked TMT is because the storyline was about vampires and my favorite character, Bones, had the love interest instead of Kirk!
JHP stephaniestavr5 1 month ago