Can you remember the military rank of all these Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. characters?

Do you know who was a private, a corporal or a sergeant?

Like many military shows, each enlisted character in Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. had an official military rank. These distinctions came into play throughout the series, especially if a character got promoted.

Here are twelve Gomer Pyle characters, including some who only appeared a few times. Can you guess the correct rank for each person?

Watch Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. on MeTV!

Weeknights at 9 PM
Saturdays at 5 AM & 5:30 AM

1. What is Gomer Pyle's rank?
  2. What is Vince Carter's rank?
  3. Duke Slater started as a private but was promoted to which rank?
  4. What rank is Edward Gray?
  5. What is Charley Hacker's rank?
  6. It's M*A*S*H's William Christopher! He played Lester Hummel as what rank?
  7. What is Chuck Boyle's rank?
  8. Carol Burnett first appeared as a Corporal who was later promoted to which rank?
  9. Frankie Lombardi is a...
  10. What is Nick Cuccinelli's rank?
  11. Early on, George Van Pelt was the...
  12. What is Whipple's rank?

Desperado 8 days ago
Funny thing the show never ever showed a G.I. with the rank of lance corporal.
Dajj 10 days ago
8/12 I didnt watch it that much. Too busy playin outside with my friends!!
greyhound 13 days ago
8/12 I rarely watched the show. I couldn't stand Jim Nabors.
Moriyah 15 days ago
Btw, if you didn't see it yet, this is what I made last night:
Moriyah Moriyah 15 days ago
I'm surprised nobody said anything about this picture I made
kimmer 16 days ago
6/12....I better get some sleep...I can't think anymore!!!
MikefromJersey 18 days ago
11 for 12. Got number 10 wrong, have no memory of this character, a one off?
Did you know the writers used the names of various comedy writers for many of the sergeants
seen or merely mentioned on the series? Like Bill Persky.
BobInBG78 18 days ago
I CAN'T HEAR YOU(R ANSWERS)!!!!
MOT1970 18 days ago
Pretty easy. But, Vince Carter was a Gunnery Sergeant and Charlie Hacker was a Staff Sergeant. Marines like their full titles.
Catman 18 days ago
Well, most of the questions answered themselves, since the rank insignia was showing. So 11/12 and the comment that Pyle was PFC, not private, Carter was Gunnery Sergeant (Gunny I believe is the Marine word) and one of those "colonels" was a Lt Col.
But fun, eh?
saswifteagle 18 days ago
10/12. Actually Vince Carter is a Gunnery Sargeant not a Sargeant.
AgingDisgracefully 18 days ago
Was Vince Carter of Gomer Pyle USMC related to Andrew Carter of Hogan's Heroes?
I realize it's a common name, but there could be a TV Universologist who has the answer.
It's a big, wide, wonderful world.
Load previous comments
MikefromJersey Moriyah 10 days ago
Look at the top of this page, you will see "Contact MeTV". You can submit items to them
there. Thet rarely if ever respond though. For example, on another site here I mentioned
that Jonny Quests PF Flyer shoes had a red dot trademark on the heel. Some dolt thinks
that is a mean spirited reference to the Hindu culture, and keeps clicking the little
"report this" flag to the right. I assume MeTV just goes along with this instead of
looking into the right or wrong or it. They are just empowering ignorance or crazies
with an agenda. So I have written them 3 times about this, no response.
Moriyah MikefromJersey 10 days ago
Can you post the link to that other website you mentioned where it was different shows in the same universe or something like that?
MikefromJersey Moriyah 10 days ago
Hi Moriyah,
Just do a search for "Magnum Mania: TV Universe With The Most Connected Series".
26 series connected, Opie could have appeared on Addams Family; did you know
Lurch was on Batman? NOT because I wrote this, but if I read it here on these
boards I would think it was pretty cool. What do you think of it?
Magnum Mania is one of the best fan sites. They have a lively section for
other TV series the fans like to post about. I hope you enjoy it.
Moriyah MikefromJersey 10 days ago
I just read it, and it was pretty good!
retro6 18 days ago