Can you match these mascots to the correct breakfast cereal brands?

You definitely know Tony the Tiger but do you know Linus the Lionhearted?

Cereals are more than a morning treat. These breakfast brands have given us mascots that filled our cartoon commercials breaks. Heck, some of them even got cartoons of their own back in the day.

Kellogg's, Post and General Mills came up with some clever and colorful characters over the decades. We bet you know most of them.

But it takes a true cereal fanatic to match all of these names to the correct brand. Grab your thinkin' spoon and let's go!

1. Tony the Tiger
  2. Toucan Sam
  3. Snap, Crackle & Pop
  4. Fred Flintstone & Barney Rubble
  5. Cornelius Rooster
  6. BuzzBee
  7. Sunny the Sun
  8. Chip the Wolf
  9. Jean LaFoote, Harry S. Hippo & Seadog
  10. Dig 'Em Frog
  11. Chef Wendell
  12. Lovable Truly the Postman
  13. Linus the Lionhearted
  14. Whoo the Wizard of Oatz

Can you match these mascots to the correct breakfast cereal brands?

Save with

littledebbie 1 day ago
11/14. There was several I never even heard of
LindaWilliams 6 days ago
You got 14 out of 14
You deserve a promotion from Cap'n to Adm'ral! Nice work!
anthony 7 days ago
12/14.you deserve a promotion from Cap'n to Adm'ral! Even though I got the Cap'n Crunch one wrong?Thanks! The other one I got wrong was the Crispy Critters I never heard of.
Which came first, the cereal or the mascot? In the case of Cap 'n' Crunch, the mascot came first. CNC is {one of} the only cereals where the cereal was made for the mascot. {Instead of the mascot for the cereal, as with most cereals, that is what happened.}
Very interesting! I never knew that.
AlF 7 days ago
Missed 8 & 14. Chip the Wolf? Wizard of Oatz? They both sound bogus to me!
MrBill 7 days ago
12/14; Never heard of All Stars cereal and I do not recall ever seeing an ad for Cinnamon Toast Crunch so I had to guess and missed those two.
If you've ever caught a commercial where one piece of cereal gets eaten by another, that's CTC. I've seen commercials for CTC. I call them the "cannibal commercials" Each cinnamon toasted square eats "one of their own! That's why I call them cannibalistic. It's the Donner Party in cereal form. {If you aren't familiar w/DP, Google them.}
RobCertSDSCascap 7 days ago
14/14!
#9- Cinnamon Crunch, Punch Crunch, Cap'n Crunch,
to be exact.
What does Cinnamon Crunch and Punch Crunch have to do with Cap 'n' Crunch? Are you saying that Jean LaFoote, is the mascot for Cinnamon Toast crunch, Harry S Hippo is the mascot for Punch Crunch, and Cap 'n' Crunch is the mascot for CC? Well, you are wrong if you think this. All 3 mascots represent CC.
daDoctah 8 days ago
Remember when Linus the Lionhearted had his own Saturday morning show, along with friends like Sugar Bear (and his nemesis Granny Goodwitch), postman Lovable Truly, Japanese boy So-Hi, and others? Every segment featured a Post mascot, which eventually got the show taken off the air for in effect being a half-hour cereal commercial.
booster 8 days ago
12/14 They didn't mention a sailor on Cap'n Crunch, and I never heard of those other characters. I should have known, though, because Lucky Charms is a leprechaun and Quisp is a martian. Never heard of Chip the Wolf.
Chip replaced The Cookie Crook.
Quake grew up to be Joe Swanson.
Trivia Tidbit: Quake was a construction worker.
garykevinware 8 days ago
Captain Crunch is a fraud! According to his uniform, he is actually a Commander.
I tried to log onto the link you copied, it doesn't work.
WILD 8 days ago
I thought Dig 'em was the mascot for Kellogg's Sugar Smacks. Also what happened to Tony, the Tiger jr.
RobCertSDSCascap WILD 7 days ago
He was, before the name change.
RobCertSDSCascap WILD 7 days ago
Not sure why Tony Jr. disappeared, maybe because he was on Frosted Rice
which became Frosted Rice Krispies. Also, he has a sister named Antoinette,
who is 21 years older.
If you want to see the Honey/Sugar Smacks mascots through the ages, go to: charactersofadvertising.wordpress.com.
WILD 8 days ago
You got 13 out of 14
You deserve a promotion from Cap'n to Adm'ral! Nice work! Missed #12.
Jhh 9 days ago
soon cereal will be a dinosaur,,,,it will all be fat and sodium from McD's
Barry22 10 days ago
13/14, I remember when Hanna-Barbera characters sold Kelloggs cereals. Quickdraw Mcgraw sold Sugar Smacks.
Yogi Bear for OKs, Huckleberry Hound for All Stars, and Snagglepuss
for Cocoa Krispies.
nerakr 10 days ago
10/14. Never heard of three of them.