Can you spot which of these popular movies are based on novels?

Avid reader or avid film-lover, show off your trivia smarts!

One of the greatest aspects of the advancement of film technology is the ability to bring our favorite stories to life, straight from the page.

by

True, audiences don't always love how Hollywood adapts their favorite novels, but the fact that it's possible to bring mystical creatures and high-action sequences to the silver screen is an accomplishment and, just as often, a delightful experience.

We've pulled a list of popular films that may or may not have been given the same opportunity to spring to life from the pages of a book.

We're curious to know — can you spot which of these popular movies are based on novels?

Watch M*A*S*H on MeTV!

Weeknights at 7 PM
Sundays 7 PM

1. Is the movie One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest based on a novel?
  2. Is the movie Citizen Kane based on a novel?
  3. Is the movie Lawrence of Arabia based on a novel?
  4. Is the movie Heathers based on a novel?
  5. Is the movie Die Hard based on a novel?
  6. Is the movie Mrs. Doubtfire based on a novel?
  7. Is the movie Girl, Interrupted based on a novel?
  8. Is the movie The Last of the Mohicans based on a novel?
  9. Is the movie Sixteen Candles based on a novel?
  10. Is the movie Dances with Wolves based on a novel?
  11. Is the movie Silence of the Lambs based on a novel?

Can you spot which of these popular movies are based on novels?

Save with

AlHBohrer 6 days ago
My real time work with  Im making over $2000 a month operating low maintenance. I continued hearing distinctive people divulge to me how an lousy lot cash they can make on line so I selected to research it. All topics considered, it become all legitimate and has without a doubt changed my life. For more statistics visit below site.... HERE☛......www.feed.pays12.com
AlmaTMilone 6 days ago
My real time work with Im making over $2000 a month operating low maintenance. I continued hearing distinctive people divulge to me how an lousy lot cash they can make on line so I selected to research it. All topics considered, it become all legitimate and has without a doubt changed my life. For more statistics visit below site.... HERE☛.....www.max.pays12.com
MichaelSStair 7 days ago
I am making a good MONEY (500$ to 700$ / hr )online on my Ipad .Last month my pay check of nearly 30 k$.This online work is like draw straight-arrow and earn  not go to office.I do not claim to be others,I just work.You will call yourself after doing this JOB,It's a REAL job.Will be very lucky to refer to this WEBSITE.Ihope,you can find something,Simply go to the below SITE.GOOD LUCK★★★★COPY THIS WEBSITE★★★★  ......www.feed.pays12.com
nerakr 10 days ago
8/11. I may be a bookworm, but I haven't read any of those.
TomTerrrific nerakr 8 days ago
You ought to read "Dances With Wolves". It's really good.
If it's anything like the movie, it would be good as a sleep aid. I have read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, one of my favorite movies.
Amalthea TomTerrrific 8 days ago
I've read "Silence of the Lambs".
pumkinheadfan Amalthea 6 days ago
Same...Actually I've read all of Tom Harris' Hannibal Lector books except the Hannibal Rising one...Took a break. The movies except Hannibal were very faithful(mostly to Ted Tally Oscar winning adapting!)
harlow1313 10 days ago
…one flew east, one flew west,
One flew over the cuckoo’s nest.

—Children’s folk rhyme and epigraph from the novel
cperrynaples 11 days ago
9/11! [appro score for today...LOL!!] Missed 6 and 10! Fun Fact: Nothing Lasts Forever was originally developed for Frank Sinatra! Can you picture Old Blue Eyes saying, "Yippie Ki A"...well, you fill in the rest! Another Fun Fact: Bruce Willis made his film debut in The First Deadly Sin, which was Frank's last starring role! And yes, THAT film came from a novel!!
PS Technically 7 should be NO, because by definition a memoir is non-fiction, therefore NOT a novel!
Die Hard was technically a sequel to The Detective, which starred Frank Sinatra, which is why they were obligated to offer the role to Sinatra.
jeopardyhead 11 days ago
I got 8 out of 11. Some were easier than others.
Runeshaper 11 days ago
You got 8 out of 11
You're a real bookworm AND movie-buff! Well done!