Do you know who created these classic TV shows?

Do you pay attention to the credits? Do you know who created these hit shows?

When it comes to our favorite classic television shows, we usually think of the characters and actors who made the series what they were. Often times, directors, producers and creators get a little less of the love.

Some creators are known for one smash hit show, while others had several successful series credited to their respective names.

How well do you know some of these classic  TV shows? We bet you could name the characters and actors, but can you take it a few steps up the production ladder and name the creator?

Good luck!

Watch Sunday Block Party on MeTV!

New Series Each Sunday

Sundays at 12P

1. Who created Star Trek: The Original Series
  2. Who created The A-Team?
  3. Who created Adam-12?
  4. Who created the Batman (1966) television series?
  5. Who created Bonanza?
  6. Who created Dragnet?
  7. Who created Full House?
  8. Who created Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.
  9. Who created Green Acres?
  10. Who created The Brady Bunch
  11. Who created Gilligan's Island?
  12. Who created Lost in Space?
  13. Who created Leave It to Beaver?
  14. Who created M*A*S*H?
  15. Who created Petticoat Junction?

Do you know who created these classic TV shows?

Jeremy 2 hours ago
If this were a certain quiz show, I would've won a million dollars by now and by using none of the lifelines! I got them all and I didn't cheat either!
Moody 4 hours ago
12/15. Not bad for guess work.
Mistertelvison 15 hours ago
I hardly ever notice the credits. Because I am only notice who is the stars and guess on the shows
Nobody remembers the switchover. But all television Shows did, at the same time. And I could never figure out who initiated the change. Must've been a Guild of some sort.

It is when it was decided to include Creator, Producers and Writers in the opening credits. While most Series changed their opening format anyway, in some Series the change was a "cut and paste" and you can mark the difference.

Does anyone know which Series is a good example?

Answer will be provided eventually.
LoveMETV22 Pacificsun 7 hours ago
That sparked my interest and sent me down a rabbit hole. Looks like the changeover occurred around the 1980's. For the Film or Motion Picture Industry it said it's regulated by the
WGA ( Writers Guild of America). However on TV Shows, Series it's not as cut and paste ....oops dry, looks like there it's various guilds, unions. I'll look forward to the example, but I bet someone will know the answer.
Pacificsun LoveMETV22 4 hours ago
I know the example.

But you're right about what or who initiated the change, although it does point back to "Guilds." While the practice is a "formality" in the film industry, only a portion of the total recognition (credit) appears at the opening of a TV Show. And I'm pretty sure that's due to a lack of running time, especially for sitcoms.

My hunch is this theory applies to TV in respect to the creators involved in both (and some could say, similar mediums).
"... these unions include Screen Actors Guild – American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, Writers Guild of America, and Producers Guild of America. As for the end credits, the production company or producer makes most of the decisions in support of the unions. The producer typically focuses on giving credit to the people who are most involved in the filmmaking process. The involvement may be in the form of time devoted, amount of work done, or money invested." Credit: https://www.nfi.edu/film-credits/

If not already mentioned, not only has there been more than once Strike in Hollywood (for different reasons), but am pretty sure it involved Credits. Being that Craft-Talent is tied to Compensation. It would seem that the Writers, Producers and Created By - came out ahead on this one. And the wiki links explain why.

For eager beavers willing to earn Extra Credit - The Theory of Creators and their Importance.

Pacificsun LoveMETV22 4 hours ago
I first noticed the example appearing in the opening of Leave it to Beaver. Because they had a very specific openings, as the boys got older. And they took the credit appearing at the end, and just added it to be beginning. It's does much more seamlessly in a Show like Mannix. And (IMO) I actually look forward to them, in most cases because the Director is included. And to me, that's like a "signature" on a piece of artwork ( in my imagination, of course ) 😎 It's fun to track their styles.
Pacificsun LoveMETV22 2 hours ago
I was going to make a comment. But the tent is swept. Is it them?
LoveMETV22 Pacificsun 2 hours ago
No I swept the tent. I kept the sit ubu sit though
rleary1 1 day ago
13/15 Haven't really ever watched Full House, guessed on the A-Team but guessed right, but darn it! Got Green Acres wrong like most of us probably with the last name 'Henning' :( If the name Dick Chevillat was included with the Jay Sommers question I would have got it! :)
JERRY6 2 days ago
12 of 15 not bad guessed on 3 most i remembered
Terrence 2 days ago
Question #2 was very tricky
Green Acres question stumped me
Overall I did great
14/15
cperrynaples Terrence 2 days ago
Many people assume it was Paul Henning but it was adapted from a radio show created by Jay Sommers!
Yeah, I thought it was Paul Henning. I found something of interest on YouTube.

MarkSpeck 2 days ago
15 out of 15. I live for stuff like this!
MarkSpeck MarkSpeck 2 days ago
And may I present a slight technicality to one of the questions...respectively, the Dragnet one. You gave 'John Randolph' as one of the answers, probably after seeing his name as a writer on the show. John Randolph, in terms of Dragnet, was the writer pseudonym for Jack Webb (John Randolph Webb was his full Christian name). I doubt that Webb, at that time, knew that there was an actor of the same name (real name Ethan Jacob Coen), as, one, actor Randolph was coming off being blacklisted at that time, and two, Webb in terms of fellow actors, couldn't see past the folks in his little repertoire company. Actor Randolph did eventually guest-star in a Webb series, O'Hara: U.S. Treasury, which aired on CBS during the 1971-72 season.

And on the subject of pseudonyms, a guy named Michael Donovan wrote an awful lot of Dragnet episodes. I found out that Donovan is a pseudonym for Stephen Downing, who only began using his real name in the '80s, when he worked on shows like Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer and MacGyver. Otherwise, he wrote scripts under a variety of pseudonyms like Michael Donovan and Sean Baine.
ELEANOR MarkSpeck 2 days ago
What wonderful research! Thanks for your input!
cperrynaples 2 days ago
15/15! I know my creators!
JanSWI cperrynaples 2 days ago
Now that is impressive! Sincerely mean it. ⭐️
MaryAnn 3 days ago
5/15 That was brutal!
Wow! You’re score was worse than mine 😆 (I got 7)
frenchman71 3 days ago
12/15. A couple of mine were guesses. Almost picked Burt Metcalfe for MASH. And that Sheldon Leonard/ Aaron Reuben threw me, too.
Metcalfe and Leonard were producers on those shows, but not creators! Ruben was obvious since he also created TAGS!
Okay. We can shake up the followers by offering this quiz instead.

Multiple Choice:

Which two names co-created the Series, who also produced it. (A chance here to get any part of it confused by mixing up the possibilities).

And which names only produced it.

(The quiz would also or maybe only) include hour long action/adventure)!
Pacificsun Pacificsun 2 days ago
In fact, it COULD be fan created, but would take me all day.