Can you name these No. 1 songs of the 1960s from just the first line of lyrics?

Does "Jojo was a man who thought he was a loner…" make you "Get Back"?

We not a big fan of the term "oldies." The hits of the Sixties will never get old. In fact, all the songs below are still constantly played today. You hear them in commercials, movies, grocery stores, cars… yadda yadda yadda.

No wonder — they were all top Billboard hits. See if the first line of lyrics can get the tune playing in your head. Guess the correct song! Good luck!
MeTV Music Listen Now MeTV Music Listen Now
  1. "Hey Jude, don't make it bad"
  2. "Sugar ah honey honey"
  3. "Imagine me and you, I do"
  4. "I thought love was only true in fairy tales"
  5. "All the leaves are brown"
  6. "Oh yeah, I'll tell you somethin'"
  7. "Matty told Hatty"
  8. "Sittin' in the mornin' sun"
  9. "If everybody had an ocean"
  10. "When you're alone and life is making you lonely"
  11. "When the moon is in the Seventh House"
  12. "Those schoolgirl days of telling tales and biting nails are gone"
Can you name these No. 1 songs of the 1960s from just the first line of lyrics?

Share your results:
Save with

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
STTOS 2 days ago
10/12 But it really should have been 11/12. Accidentally clicked “Wild Thing” instead of “Wooly Bully” for #7 (seriously) and had no clue on #12 so I guessed “Big Girls Don’t Cry”. Feel like crying myself but there’s no crying in MeTV quizzes.
Lacey STTOS 22 hours ago
You never saw "To Sir With Love" ?
Please put that on your Bucket List.
DiscoDave 2 days ago
11 /12 Missed the Surfin USA one
thedude1500 3 days ago
Cupcake. Try this one: "God said to Abraham, kill me a son."

"When she goes, she's gone, when she stays, she stays here."

"When you get to the bottom, you go back to the top of the slide."
SheriHeffner 3 days ago
As I have said before, My parents listened to all of the music from the 60s and I grew up hearing all of these songs so I got 12 out of 12.
Joseph 3 days ago
Officially, 11/12. That's only because I clicked the wrong answer by mistake on #4, even though I knew the correct answer like the back of my hand, so 12/12.
Killernewton1 3 days ago
Rock and rolls been going downhill ever since Buddy Holly died

I'd say it was going downhill since 1989, when this obscene rap we're stuck with now invaded the music scene!

As for me - 12/12. Like SheriHeffner, I also remember my folks listening to these songs on the radio on the stereo console we had in the living room, or in the car (I was only 4 in 1966, when most of the above songs were popular). We listened to either WXYZ, 1270 AM in Detroit (now WXYT, an all-talk station) or "The Big 8," CKLW in Windsor, Ontario/Detroit (which I believe is also now all-talk).
EllisClevenger 6 days ago
You got 8 out of 12
Well, the results were not ideal. But it can be tough to recognize these tunes without, you know, the music!
it's in your head
Greg 6 days ago
12/12 loved music spent many hours with headphones listening to records I think it's a travesty the Monkees aren't in the R&R hall of fame.
MaryHelen Greg 3 days ago
that's cause the Monkees are NOT r & b-- you're kidding right?
Because it looks like he wrote R&R to me!
Tresix 7 days ago
12/12. "Hey Jude" was probably the easiest one.
JeffTanner 8 days ago
You got 11 out of 12 ----------- Well done! It's hard to not have these songs stuck in your head.
JeffTanner JeffTanner 8 days ago