Can you bust these classic TV myths?

Can you scope out which of these legends are based on fact?

Anything that gains enough popularity in American culture inevitably sparks rumors, myths and conspiracies surrounding it, and classic TV is no exception. Theories about characters, settings and behind the scenes turmoil range from completely true to outlandishly wild.

Here are 11 stories involving memorable television shows. Can you sort out the truth from the myths?

1. “Danger, Will Robinson!” is said at least once in every episode of Lost in Space.
  2. John Wayne recommended his friend James Arness for the role of Matt Dillon on Gunsmoke.
  3. Perry Mason’s clients were never found guilty.
  4. Chuck Connors played professional baseball and basketball before being cast on The Rifleman.
  5. The catchy Batman theme song doesn’t feature any singing — the sounds are made by trumpets.
  6. “Beam me up, Scotty” was never actually said in the original Star Trek.
  7. The voice actor for Huckleberry Hound was doing an impression of Andy Griffith.
  8. I Love Lucy was the first show to use the innovative three-camera setup.
  9. Arnold the Pig was the only cast member on Green Acres to win an acting award.
  10. Kids learned the Heimlich maneuver from watching The Simpsons.
  11. Eddie Haskell from Leave it to Beaver grew up to be rock star Alice Cooper.

Can you bust these classic TV myths?

denny 24 days ago
10/11 The Lucy question is somewhat a fraud of a question.
Br0ther1KB 26 days ago
Vince was never a child TV Actor in a national Sitcom. 8/11 Pretty Nifty. :)
QazWiz 26 days ago
number 11 has got to have been a "gimmie" IS THERE ANYONE WATCHING that doesn't know "troublesome"
Eddie Haskell BECAME A CAREER POLICEMAN ??????
murphmike 27 days ago
10 of 11..Heimlich on the Simpsons??🤣
Filmnoirfan 30 days ago
8/11 - nothing to brag about and just about what I expected
Runeshaper 1 month ago
You got 8 out of 11 - Good Enough!
BrianMoore 1 month ago
8 out of 11 for me. I can't believe the one about the pig.
geatornez82 1 month ago
8/11. The Arnold Ziffel one sounds so much like an urban legend, I can't believe that was actually true!
QazWiz geatornez82 26 days ago
yeah, but most comedy shows were snubbed by "high falooting" highbrows until comedy had separate category and since then "clean comedy" is usually snubbed in favor of broken homes, salacious inuendo, any more recently you got to have a "sex deviant" in show to even be considered
malibustacy QazWiz 5 days ago
I'm clearly watching all the wrong channels.
CaptainDunsel 1 month ago
9/11
I guess I got played for a Patsy.
texasluva 1 month ago
Well folks we have a winner. MrsPhilHarris...........Congrats! She reads my mind....well the clues for sure.
When you have tough decisions to make you need to be right. These here group of 12 Men did so in exciting fashion. Right or wrong they finally came up with a verdict. What a great movie and wonderful cast.

12 Angry Men (1957) 1h 36min

Martin Balsam ... Juror 1
John Fiedler Juror 2
Lee J. Cobb ... Juror 3
E.G. Marshall ... Juror 4
Jack Klugman ... Juror 5
Edward Binns ... Juror 6
Jack Warden ... Juror 7
Henry Fonda ... Juror 8
Joseph Sweeney ... Juror 9
Ed Begley ... Juror 10
George Voskovec Juror 11
Robert Webber . Juror 12

cperrynaples texasluva 1 month ago
Great movie, even though most of it is just Cobb and Fonda fighting over the verdict! The other 10 are basically window dressing, but still all are fine actors! And yes it's 10's son who says Watch Me On ME! Fun Facts: Both father and son were on M3S! In fact, Ed Sr.'s wife was played by Irene Ryan, later Granny on BH! Ed Jr. debuted as Robbie's friend!
texasluva cperrynaples 1 month ago
Rather then looking at the whole. Once looking at every piece of evidence one could come up with different conclusion. Fonda steadfast in "let's go over this and see what we find". Then one by one jumped onto Fonda's bandwagon. Except Cobb who had his own personal problems delaying the inevitable. Ranting and raving about bleeding hearts. Finally coming to his senses, sadly near the end. Fonda and Lee J Cobb sure could carry a scene or two.
cperrynaples texasluva 1 month ago
I'm not saying it's a bad movie, all I'm saying is that it's mostly a fight between Fonda [never Guilty] and Cobb [Guilty until the end]! The other 10 are sorta pawns on a chess board!
texasluva cperrynaples 1 month ago
Yes. I was just giving a synopsis of the jury room drama. The conclusion was the jurors after looking one by one at each piece of evidence.

texasluva 1 month ago
Guess The Movie of The Week.

You can sit and watch this crime, drama unfold. Rant and rave and come up with your own conclusions as to __ _____ ___
Yes. This movie will move you. It will beckon you to take part in such decision making.
It will get heated even in your own household. How would you decide it???????
Half of the actors have played in either The Twilight Zone or Hitchcock presents, hour.
Movies like this don't come along too often. If you wish to view it then guess it. Your correct guess rewards all.
Load previous comments
texasluva MrsPhilHarris 1 month ago
Here is the one with the sounds. I have paid nothing for it. It is called Atmosphere. Beach section Waves, Seagulls, Campfire, boat, Rain, Guitar, Storm, Melody and rowboat. Forest section Frogs, river , waterfall Tawny Owl, Woodpecker, wolf, birds, Rain, storm , rain on a tent.....Urban Traffic, police, people, wind, train, rain, Train trip, airport , truck engine,,,,,,,,,,,,Underwater- air bubbles Whale, Under the sea, sonar, others, .....Home- fan, vacuum, cat, drops, clock, rain on window. white noise, pink noise, brown noise, wind, dryer, chimney, keyboard, shower, coffee pot heart beat, Park- fountian, kids playing, lake, birds ducks , dog- Countryside- pig, hens, horse, rain, storm, birds, dog stream, cow, sheep etc. East Asia Chinese flute, ritual, taiko, Japanese cada, Bamboo, Om, Tibet bowl, duduk, windchimes, Tibeatan silver bells, Instrumental- Gymnopedle, Lullaby, Evening fall, Meditation Impromptu, Deep relax, Neptune others, Binaural and Isochronic- Relaxed breathing, Reduces stress and anxiety, Deep sleep, Acupuncture, circulation , depression DNA healing, some I missed but you can see what I mean. Give it a shot.
texasluva texasluva 1 month ago
I also see you can play them together and turn some down and others up. I have not used this in awhile I think I will soon.
texasluva MrsPhilHarris 1 month ago
Atmosphere: Relaxing Sounds - Rain & Sleep sounds.

MrsPhilHarris texasluva 1 month ago
Thanks for this. I am going to mention this to my sister. She does not sleep well. I rarely have trouble sleeping.
JERRY6 1 month ago
don't know how i onlt got 6 of 10 the only mistake i made was on the Lucy Question all the others i knew
texasluva JERRY6 1 month ago
You can go back and check your answers. If a green check mark its correct. If you get a red X then its wrong. It should total your results at the end.
JERRY6 texasluva 29 days ago