Which TV genre do you actually like more, comedy or drama?

Let your inner TV fan channel surf for a bit.

Comedy or drama? The biggest TV fans know you don't have to choose.

There have been incredible shows that skew both ways in TV history, but for that same reason, it can become difficult to be sure: Which genre do you actually prefer?

Answer a few short questions below and we think we can reveal what your inner TV fan really thinks. Did we get yours right?
  1. Pick a show from the 1950s:
  2. Pick a show from the 1960s:
  3. Pick a show from the 1970s:
  4. Pick a show from the 1980s:
  5. Pick a show from the 1990s:
  6. Pick a show about a workplace:
  7. Which season of Lost in Space do you think was better?
  8. Who’s your favorite character on The Andy Griffith Show?
  9. Tell us what you liked most about M*A*S*H:
  10. Which TV genre do YOU think you prefer?
Which TV genre do you actually like more, comedy or drama?

Share your results:
Save with
Enjoy even more classic shows on-air! Find where to watch MeTV in Washington, DC

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
guest2020 5 days ago
This quiz reminds me of the recent study that says parents never quit worrying about their kids, no matter how old they get, rather pointless.
pony 5 days ago
Okay, seriously? You're going to ask me what I like, and then TELL me what I like?
EdCaf pony 5 days ago
I know...you answer a dozen questions and the last one asks you if you like comedy...you say yes...then they tell you you like comedy!
CruiseGirl4Life 7 days ago
Drama Queen ... Western Drama Queen!
bobb9343 7 days ago
MeTV has a good mix of comedy and drama. Glad In The Heat of the Night came back; forgot how much I enjoyed that show.
LOVE "In the Heat Of the Night". Love Lonnie Jamison.
DiannaAllison 7 days ago
I hated the idea of having to pick something from the andy griffith show when I never watched it, and in the 1970's I was watching Battlestar Galactica.
JeanInTN 7 days ago
I got drama, which is correct. I wish MeTV would show more drama shows in prime time instead of all sitcoms. My favorite sitcoms are the ones which also have a little bit of drama in the plot. I would like to see the original Hawaii 5-0, Combat, and Five O'clock High all brought back to MeTV - at a decent time when people can actually watch them. I would also like to see more old western dramas. Tombstone Territory is a show which I remember from my childhood but I can't remember anything about the characters, so I would love to see that one again.
garykevinware 7 days ago
I didn't complete the quiz because I couldn't pick a show for the 80s or 90s. For the 1950s, I picked Leave It To Beaver because The Twilight Zone was of inconsistent quality. For the 1960s, I picked The Andy Griffith Show because Star Trek and Batman were of inconsistent quality. For the 1970s, I reluctantly picked Columbo since the original run was pretty consistently good, unlike the later version. I definitely prefer drama, with my two all-time favorite shows being Perry Mason and the original Hawaii Five-0. Sometimes comedy or 'funny' is just a synonym for dumb, like Gomer Pyle, on his own show or The Andy Griffith Show.
DIGGER1 7 days ago
You got Comedy!
Surprise! The laughs got you.
Lucyneenah19701 7 days ago
They said that I got comedy. They're right. My favorite TV genre is comedy!
Barry22 8 days ago
The choices for the 70's shows had me pondering. I did not like any of them.
Duc 9 days ago
You got Comedy!

SNEAK PEEK: Are these 1990s TV show titles real or fake?

Will & Grace

A. Real
B. Fake

Answer: Real. The show existed from 1998-2006 and again from 2017-present.
cperrynaples Duc 8 days ago
You have a good idea, but chose a bad example to demonstrate it. You're supposed to use one-season flops no one remembers! It's sorta like doing a 50's version and leading off with I Love Lucy instead of I Married Joan [REAL!].
Now who's showing a "bad example?!?! Gee, why am I not surprised?!?! I Married Joan was not a one season flop. It ran for 3 seasons: 1952-1955.
Yes, I knew IMJ was not a one-season flop, but neither is WAG!
ndebrabant 9 days ago
You got Comedy!
Surprise! The laughs got you.
teire 9 days ago
Comedy comedy comedy
Tonight!
cperrynaples 9 days ago
This Quiz is sorta dubious! Yes, I do prefer comedies, but I watch all types of shows. In every case. I had a top show and a runner-up. First places were TZ, Batman, Columbo, Moonlighting, Twin Peaks, Perry Mason, Season 3, Barney, jokes and comedy. My runner-ups were I Love Lucy, WWW, All In The Family [Yes, it's not there, but it should be!], ALF, Seinfeld, WKRP, Season 1, Ernest, Klinger and drama!
You put as one of you comedy choices a pre-schooler's show about a purple dinosaur?!?! Or did mean Barney Miller?
Cone on, you knew I meant Barney Fife and not that creature!!
No, she didn't. She couldn't see that you were giving your votes for each question such that Barney meant Barney Fife.
Thank you, garykevinware, there was absolutely no way I knew what he was talking about. Had I, I would't have bothered to ask the question. Also the previous things he had listed were tv show titles, {as he said he has been known to do;} he typed too fast, and failed to not type Miller. Once again, thanks garykevinware!
AndrewHass 9 days ago
I got comedy.Here are my answers 1: I Love Lucy, 2 : Star Trek, 3: Columbo, 4: The Golden Girls, 5: Full House, 6: ER, 7: I didn't watch Lost In Space. 8: Opie Taylor, (: Relationships, 10: Comedy.
Dicazi 9 days ago
Favorite show of the 90s.
Star Trek: Deep Space 9.

Yeah, drama. But a lot had comedy in them.