Poll: Which Western series from the '50s and '60s is your favorite?

Welcome to the Wild West! Which series is your favorite?

Western shows made a significant impact on television. It became so popular that every network wanted a series that focused on the genre, attempting to get a piece of Western success.

There are so many different shows to choose from that it's almost impossible to pick one as your favorite. However, let's say you have a few hours to kill. Which series would you choose?

Welcome to the ultimate Western battle.

Watch Gunsmoke on MeTV!

Monday - Saturday at 1 PM & 1:30 PM

1. Which western series from the '50s and '60s is your favorite?

Poll: Which Western series from the '50s and '60s is your favorite?

marmetv20 2 days ago
18% Bonanza I had little Joe and his horse
LH 8 days ago
Bonanza was the only western I really watched….at least, the earlier ones. Didn’t like the later ones with Mitch Vogel. And I never saw Gunsmoke
Snickers 9 days ago
Asked which western was my favorite and I picked Wanted Dead or Alive. Only 20% similar but that's O.K with me.
RobertK 10 days ago
I picked Maverick. I like Brett's "Devil May Care" attitude and the way he gets in and out of trouble, when it finds him, or he finds it! Once I start watching the episode, I'm hooked and have to watch it to the end...
Tommygunz 10 days ago
For me it was Bonanza, I didn’t have a favorite character, I like all the main characters equally, how can you not like a show that makes you feel like that. By the way, I didn’t see the Virginian on the list, that was a very good western too with good characters and beautiful color sceneries.
JamesDean59 10 days ago
How can you not love a Winchester that rapid fires like Lucas McCain's?
And, we're the same height too!
mitch 14 days ago
Absolutely gunsmoke but not the black and white ones didn’t like the Chester character.
tootsieg 15 days ago
Very tough choice. I picked Wagon Train.
oldmoe51 15 days ago
I would have picked gunsmoke over maverick but I didn’t like the color version.I really liked the original black and white versions and when it was called Matt Dillion I think I know it had a different name when it first came on Gunsmoke the total came later
retro6 15 days ago
I chose Rifleman as my personal favorite. I like Laramie too which is not on MeTv. I never liked westerns growing up but my dad lived them so I watched them. It would have been Gunsmoke if I were thinking about his favorite or Wild Wild West. Now I watch them all the time! As his girlie girl, he would have gotten a kick out of that!
Sorella 15 days ago
Was my Dad's favorite and came to be mine, too, as I watched it with him every day on MeTV. I really came to appreciate it. Wonderful writers - most TV shows today don't have great writers. And thank you, MeTV, for not putting up stupid disclaimers like TVLand, though they don't put up did for their repulsive drag queen, unreal housewives of SomeCity, USA, etc., ads.
Charleshorse 15 days ago
For me it was a toss up between The Rifleman and Gunsmoke. I chose The Rifleman. Gunsmoke had some great guest stars, though. Future BIG stars.
Runeshaper 15 days ago
I really like Wanted Dead or Alive.
Snickers Runeshaper 9 days ago
My choice as well.
Wendy57 15 days ago
I chose Gunsmoke as my favorite, followed closely by Have Gun Will Travel, and The Rifleman.
I’ve watched a lot of Death Valley Days too. I like the historical nature of the stories.
Peter_Falk_Fan 15 days ago
16% From the list, I picked "The Rifleman", but my favorite is "The Wild Wild West".
Andybandit 15 days ago
I got 70%. I picked Bonanza as my favorite western. I like the actors in it.