In what decade were these Christmas movies first released?

Guess when these black and white favorites, holiday cult hits and modern classics came out!

Toward the end of the year, there’s nothing like a comfy couch, a hot mug of cocoa and your favorite holiday flick. Whether you like to rewatch a black and white classic or check out a movie with a modern spin, there is no shortage of Christmas movies to choose from.

Here are 15 holiday films (some well-known – some not) from many different eras. Can you guess what decade each one was first released? Some films, like Babes in Toyland or Miracle on 34th Street have been remade many times. We’re only asking about the original first release for each picture. Good luck!

1. It’s a Wonderful Life
  10. Pocketful of Miracles
  11. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
  12. Bell, Book and Candle
  13. Jingle All the Way
  14. The Apartment
  15. Elf

In what decade were these Christmas movies first released?

GeraldHunter 23 days ago
15/15. See what being old and being addicted to movies gets you? All this and a $1 will get me a cup of coffee at McD's.
Farfus 1 month ago
Lot of these were forgettable as the dates
graceful1970 1 month ago
You got 8 out of 15
Was this score exactly what you hoped for?
LaDolceVita 1 month ago
I didn't do very good on this one. i only got 5 right. i guess I don't know my decades 🎄
pdbronco 1 month ago
A few of these are technically wrong due to the incorrect definition (and calculation) of a decade. Since there is no “year zero”, the first decade A.D. is 1 A.D. to 10 A.D. Following that logic, the decade of the 1950s is 1951-1960. The word “decade” means ten years. So decades start in year 1. Just like the new century (100 years) started in 2001 not 2000.
jtrain 1 month ago
14/15, got #8 wrong. Got my Scrooges mixed up! 🤣
VanHalen 1 month ago
9 / 15 - guessed on half of them. The ones from the 80's on up ? Big trouble ( little china ? ).
Susan00100 1 month ago
14/15. Missed #13; it figures.
Pelady77 1 month ago
9/15
nightshade Pelady77 1 month ago
me too i thinki remebered when i seen them and not when they actually came out
Dajj 1 month ago
10/15 Ho Ho Ho Oh Nooo!! I thought I would do better!
kevopilis 1 month ago
8 for 15, the score I expected, not hoped for. A lot of guessing.
RichLorn 1 month ago
I'm disappointed A Charlie Brown Christmas wasn't included.
"That's what Christmas is all about Charlie Brown."

Also The Bishop's Wife.
"Tonight I want to tell you the story of an empty stocking.

Once upon a midnight clear, there was a child's cry, a blazing star hung over a stable, and wise men came with birthday gifts. We haven't forgotten that night down the centuries. We celebrate it with stars on Christmas trees, with the sound of bells, and with gifts.

But especially with gifts. You give me a book, I give you a tie. Aunt Martha has always wanted an orange squeezer and Uncle Henry can do with a new pipe. For we forget nobody, adult or child. All the stockings are filled, all that is, except one. And we have even forgotten to hang it up. The stocking for the child born in a manger. Its his birthday we're celebrating. Don't let us ever forget that.

Let us ask ourselves what He would wish for most. And then, let each put in his share, loving kindness, warm hearts, and a stretched out hand of tolerance. All the shinning gifts that make peace on earth."
pdbronco RichLorn 1 month ago
“A Charlie Brown Christmas” wasn’t a movie, but a TV special.
Riff60 1 month ago
What?!? No Die Hard or Lethal Weapon?!?
LucretiaBoyer Riff60 1 month ago
Every month start earning more than $13k by doing very simple Online job from home. I m doing this job in my part time I have earned and received $13725 last month.
simply give it a shot on the given site JUT COPY & PASTE__________Www.NetPro2.Com
LalaLucy 1 month ago
13/15. A bit off in my thinking on number 6 and 8.