Guess which show the cast of M*A*S*H is on now

There's almost more change-ups here than Klinger's wardrobe.

It felt like everybody in the world tuned in for M*A*S*H. But what about all the other TV shows this famous cast appeared on?

Below, we've snipped 12 scenes from hit shows the cast of M*A*S*H made guest appearances on both before and after their hugely popular sitcom took off.

See if you can guess every show! There's plenty of clues in each scene to help you choose if you're a savvy TV fan. Good luck!
  1. Before he was Father Mulcahy on M*A*S*H, William Christopher played a recurring character on which sitcom shown here?
  2. Gary Burghoff was in both the M*A*S*H movie and TV show. On which show did he play a bad guy here?
  3. She played "Hot Lips" on M*A*S*H, but on which show did Loretta Swit strike a romance with Robert Reed?
  4. That's Trapper John actor Wayne Rogers on the right. Which classic Western is on here?
  5. David Ogden Stiers played the major Charles Winchester, but here he is sneaking around on the set of which show?
  6. Jamie Farr wore a lot of hats (and dresses!) as Klinger, but on which classic sitcom shown here did he play a thieving gypsy?
  7. Smack dab in the middle is TV star Harry Morgan, appearing on which long-running Western?
  8. Here's David Ogden Stiers once again, this time about to settle into the couch on which classic sitcom?
  9. Here's Jamie Farr again, this time playing a hip coffee shop dude called Itchy on which classic sitcom?
  10. In the middle is Larry Linville, who played Major Burns on M*A*S*H. Which sitcom is he appearing on here?
  11. Here's more Loretta Swit action, this time on which action-packed show?
  12. Mike Farrell was one of the best late additions to the M*A*S*H cast. On which Western is he on here?
Guess which show the cast of M*A*S*H is on now

Share your results:
Save with
Enjoy even more classic shows on-air! Find where to watch MeTV in Washington, DC

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
scp 2 months ago
12 out of 12.

But Gary Burghoff was not a bad guy on that episode of Wonder Woman.
Terrence 2 months ago
The setting gave it away....................12/12
Dale 2 months ago
EASY! Got all 12. But may not have had they not provided so many easy background clues. Linville was also one of the many police Captains that was always irritating Kolchak the Night Stalker ( & vice versa ).
Bobbo 2 months ago
11/12. Missed #4. Westerns are my Achilles heel.
MajorWoody 2 months ago
11/12, pretty easy if you looked at the background actors.

But I disagree with their BS comment about the pompous windbag Farrel being a great addition to MASH. Partisan gasbags like him, along with Alda, turned the show into a left wing propaganda series, far from how it was originally and in the film. The show should have retired after 3–4 years, not last four times as long as the war.
GoUTVols1961 MajorWoody 2 months ago
I agree totally. It was all down hill after McLean Stevenson left
Wiseguy MajorWoody 2 months ago
He also wasn't really a "late" addition either.
JosephScarbrough 2 months ago
Prior to joining M*A*S*H, Jamie Farr was often type-cast as a gypsy on TV shows, due to his swarthy appearance and middle eastern ethnicity.

And THE MARY TYLER MOORE show is what lead to David Ogden Stiers getting on M*A*S*H: in between Seasons 5 and 6, producer Burt Metcalfe was home with the flu watching MTM, and saw DOS as the pompous station manager, and knew that was exactly the kind of character they needed to replace the weasely and whiney Frank Burns.

And, maybe it's just me, but I think Mike Farrell wearing that wool jeep cap in the top photo was meant to remind us that Radar was no longer on the show.
Soraya 2 months ago
Not a popular opinion, but I think we could use a little less of M*A*S*H*. Give other shows a chance!
jan 2 months ago
Gotta say I hate this new comment crap.
Soraya jan 2 months ago
100% agreed.
nerakr 2 months ago
12/12. Some of them could be figured out by looking at the backgrounds or the other actors.
cperrynaples 2 months ago
12/12! Very Easy! Let me be the first to say I am very disappointed with the new setup of the comments board! First of all, registering on this board requires TMI! Also, all of my great comments from the last few months have been erased and are lost forever!!
I'm not in love with it either.
MaryMitch cperrynaples 2 months ago
I think the only thing I had to enter that they didn't already know was my name. They already had my email; I get 1-2 emails a week. (I guess if you didn't want them to know your real name, you could enter a fake one; I don't see how they would know.) The other info was optional.
MaryMitch MaryMitch 2 months ago
But I agree that losing the old comments is disappointing.
GoUTVols1961 MaryMitch 2 months ago
You can go to disqus.com, login, and see all of your previous comments.
toolsrrr 2 months ago
The picture of Larry Linville with Marla Gibbs is from a show called Checking In, not The Jeffersons.
cperrynaples toolsrrr 2 months ago
Not quite true! Although Checking In was a separate series, the pilot was shown as a Jeffersons episode, so technically Larry Linville DID appear on The Jeffersons!
Corey 2 months ago
William Christopher made an appearance in Hogan's Heroes.
More than one, I believe.
At least three. He played both Americans and a German.
Douglas 2 months ago
12/12 right! a perfect score.
Bret 2 months ago
12/12
Easy Peasy. Most of the pictures had a clue to the show in them.