Can you spot what's wrong in The Monkees opening credits?

Prove you came and watched them sing and play.

The Monkees was one of the most playful series of the Sixties, and their opening credits made that point loud and clear, chock full of crazy clips that are no doubt most familiar to the biggest Monkees fans.

Think you have an eye for everything that happened in The Monkees opening credits?

We've altered ONE thing in memorable scenes from the series intro. Try to spot what's wrong in each zany scene below. Good luck!

Watch The Monkees on MeTV!

Sundays at 5 PM & 5:30 PM

1. Spot the one thing wrong in this scene from The Monkees opening credits:
  2. Spot the one thing wrong in this scene from The Monkees opening credits:
  3. Spot the one thing wrong in this scene from The Monkees opening credits:
  4. Spot the one thing wrong in this scene from The Monkees opening credits:
  5. Spot the one thing wrong in this scene from The Monkees opening credits:
  6. Spot the one thing wrong in this scene from The Monkees opening credits:
  7. Spot the one thing wrong in this scene from The Monkees opening credits:
  8. Spot the one thing wrong in this scene from The Monkees opening credits:
  9. Spot the one thing wrong in this scene from The Monkees opening credits:
  10. Spot the one thing wrong in this scene from The Monkees opening credits:

Can you spot what's wrong in The Monkees opening credits?

Save with

Amalthea 15 days ago
10/10. Almost life-long fan. I watched it as a toddler with my older siblings when it first aired. My husband bought me both seasons on DVD one Christmas.
Rickey 15 days ago
You got 7 out of 10

Dave 5 months ago
This is SO embarrassing to me, as I always thought that I was the ultimate Monkees fan! What's embarrassing is that most of you did better than me - I only managed a measly 8 out of 10!
FoggyD 5 months ago
6/10 never watched the Monkees that much
stephaniestavropoulos 5 months ago
Hey, hey! Did you know that a member of the Monkees works for Amazon? Yup! Michael Nesmith works for Amazon.
No, not THAT MICHAEL NESMITH! This one is a hearing impaired designer {artist} I was surprised to learn that there is another "Wool Hat" out there, {I know, there can only be one Robert Michael "Wool Hat" Nesmith.} that I thought I would share it with you folks!
Kenson 5 months ago
9/10. Trickier than I thought.
JeffTanner 5 months ago
''You got 5 out of 10'' ---------It's OK if you missed some. The Monkees opening credits confused even the stars sometimes.
cperrynaples 5 months ago
8/10! missed 5 and 9! i'm ashamed of the second miss because my favorite joke of the second season credits was Peter missing his name! Stephanie [yes,i'm watching my spelling!], how did you do as if I have to ask...LOL!!!
I'm embarrassed to respond! I can sum up my score thusly: see this #: 100? Lop off one of the zeroes, there's my score!
1/10? is this a late April Fool's joke? I've seen both versions HUNDREDS of times over the last 50 years! I may forget plotlines, but I NEVER forget credits! At least tell me you saw the fifth cane, that was a DUH!
10/10, is what I meant!!
You say you never forget credits? Remember the question you asked me about what was missing in the final frame from the opening credits? I thought for sure you meant the logo from Micky's bass drum, but you meant the copyright at the bottom of the screen. I believe you said something like You didn't know, you didn't remember, you never noticed the logo, you had to go back and check it out. That was what I thought you were talking about {as to what was missing.} So, you can't honestly say that you "NEVER forget credits." I hated to bring this up, but if we're being honest here, {which of course we are,} then {to use a Jame Bond title:} "Never Say Never."