Can you recognize this technology of 1966?

Guess what these gadgets and machines would do!

Technology sure has changed over the years. Most of the following items are probably in your pocket right now — or at least orderable through the device in your pocket.

Of course, some machines just are not used as much anymore.

We gathered some advertisements for cutting edge technology. Well, it was cutting edge in 1966. See if you can guess what everything is!

Watch Star Trek on MeTV!

Saturdays at 10 PM

1. What is this happy woman looking into?
  2. What are these three glass objects?
  3. What is this device?
  4. What are we looking at here?
  5. What is this?
  6. What could you do with this device in 1966?
  7. What would this device do for you?
  8. What are we looking at here?
  9. What is the "Dial-A-Matic"?
  10. What could you do with this Sears Kenmore device ?
  11. What could you do with this wooden cabinet?
  12. What is this?
  13. What is this machine? (Lobster not included.)
  14. See if you can punch the correct answer here: What is it?
  15. Where would you insert this?

Can you recognize this technology of 1966?

edrowfcall 1 month ago
No. Three question did not have a picture to match an answer.
EllisClevenger 1 month ago
You got 13 out of 15
Who says the Sixties weren't high tech? How did you score?
Missed #5 and #13.
Elkoman 1 month ago
The only one I got wrong was number 1. Are you sure it’s not a toaster oven? A lot of knobs and a very brown turkey🦃
Thomas 1 month ago
13/15 Capt. Kirk is facing a glitch on some gadget.
Moverfan 1 month ago
About question #2--what in the world are camera fashes? I was born in 1962 and I know a flash bulb when I see one, but camera fashes...?
BobD Moverfan 1 month ago
Before the flash cube, there were single bulb flashes. Had to insert a new bulb for every flash photo. Cheaper than the rechargeable flash attachment.
HopeDuchaine 1 month ago
I probably took this before but it is fun trying to reboot my memory.
14/15.
Tony 2 months ago
13/15. Okay, technically an answering machine is a tape recorder (just not necessarily the other way around), so 13.5.
Dale 2 months ago
Missed #'s 1 & 3. We never had a microwave in our home until the '80s. My first encounter with a microwave was in a college apartment in the late '70s. But in both of those instances, they were smaller and usually had a "wood" facade. I went back and forth for several minutes on the recorder. I ended up hitting the answering machine accidentally even after I noticed some of the words on it like MIC for a microphone jack. There were lots of dead giveaways written on the devices.

Now, if anyone at MeTV is reading these. Could you PLEASE let us know the brand names of the things you show us. For example...# 5 the "Front of a car". For us car junkies who can't quite place the make and model, you are LEAVING US HANGING. I thought it might be an AMC Barracuda. But no. I tried an image search on Google and Bing. No luck. When you do quizzes like could you PLEASE give us MORE than a vague description?
Tony Dale 2 months ago
And who cooks a whole bird in the microwave?
JimmyD Dale 1 month ago
The grill is a 1968 Dodge Charger.
Kim 2 months ago
Of course I got 15/15. I'm old...
AlF 2 months ago
13/15. Rough start on the first few, and what's a "fash"?
sandman 2 months ago
14/15 I felt pretty good until my child bride ask me “What’s is a record player?”