Can you guess what these criminals are up to on Dragnet?

They range from silly to downright diabolical.

When Jack Webb restarted his well-known 1950s detective series Dragnet in 1967, the world was a much different place. The new series reflected that in its wide variety of cases. Some were incredibly serious and some were a categorically kooky.

The suspects were the driving forces behind the tone of each episode.

Here are twelve criminals from Dragnet taken in by Joe Friday. Can you guess what nefarious things they were trying to get away with?

Watch Dragnet on MeTV!

Weekdays at 4:30 AM & 5 AM
Saturdays at 4:30 AM

1. What is this elderly repairman in trouble for?
  2. What did this psychedelic fellow do?
  3. What do these papers show this man did wrong?
  4. What is this man guilty of?
  5. What did these kids do?
  6. This man was caught in the act of...
  7. Why is this woman taking the law into her own hands?
  8. What did these men do in this laudromat?
  9. Why is Friday so mad at this woman?
  10. What is this boy threatening to do?
  11. These furs are...
  12. Why does this man have all these disguises?

Can you guess what these criminals are up to on Dragnet?

cajuntractor 2 months ago
12/12. Im a dragnet junkie, radio or TV. I listen to the radio show on Radio classics and watch b/w and color episodes wherever and whenever possible.
raustin2008 3 months ago
I love this show. Can’t believe I missed 1.🙂
NickyJr898 raustin2008 3 months ago
raustin2008, Dragnet is a good classic cop series
raustin2008 NickyJr898 3 months ago
I have all 4 seasons of the 2nd incarnation on DVD as well as some sets of the 50’s black and white. In the 50’s version, Jack Webb speaks much softer and has different partners but still an interesting show. I noticed that at the end, more or the criminals got the death penalty. 🙂
NickyJr898 raustin2008 3 months ago
I have the first three seasons of the second incarnation on DVD. I have also seen the rare 1966 pilot movie,
raustin2008 NickyJr898 3 months ago
Yes, I think that is included in season 1. I also have 3 seasons of Adam-12
NickyJr898 raustin2008 3 months ago
I just bought seasons 1 and 7 of Adam-12 this past weekend.
cajuntractor raustin2008 2 months ago
Alot of the episodes are also recycled from the black an white series (origianlly called Badge 714) to the colored series. Just changed a few items to make it fit the times.
raustin2008 cajuntractor 2 months ago
I know there is a Christmas episode that is just about word for word.
NevaMo 3 months ago
Comic Book guy was the 'star' of Clonus, a MST3k classic.
dethLSMO89 5 months ago
7 out of 12. Not bad considering I never watched Dragnet.
Laura 6 months ago
8-10 I watch this alot.
Laura 5 months ago
This comment has been removed.
Randall 6 months ago
Some FYI for those who might be interested, many of the performers in their roles on Dragnet originally came from a elite group of radio actors from the Gunsmoke radio series and other popular radio shows in the '50s like Ralph Moody, Virginia Gregg, Howard Culver and others, and one in particular was Vic Perrin who also was a well known announcer for many 60's tv series like the intro to the Outer Limits, and Trekkies should know him well as the voice of many aliens in STTOS including the voice of NOMAD in The Changeling episode !
Randall 5 months ago
This comment has been removed.
sandman 6 months ago
My score was so bad, I’m back on foot patrol!
AlbertHanson 6 months ago
11/12 Missed #6. It's the only one I didn't remember the episode it came from.
Barry22 6 months ago
12/12. My Dad said I would end up like the comic book guy, so he took away my comic books. I was eleven.
forthekids 6 months ago
"Chris'father"left the country..because..his wife kept pestering his boss' to raise his salary..so that he could pay for his ex wife's alimony and child support("Mr.Larry Devon"always paid for his ex-wife's needs and his son's)..but.."Mrs.Devon"got too greedy and she insulted her ex husband's boss' to the point of getting him fired.Hence..he had to get away from her..He wanted to gain custody of his son..but his ex wife and the court's said no.
forthekids 6 months ago
I also remember a heart wrenching episode..where an abused little boy"Chris Devon"..didn't go to school..he was found inside of an old car in a junk yard..afraid to go home or..to go to school..because his mom"Mrs.Marian Devon"beat the hell out of the poor kid..with an electric cord..and she made him lie about the cruelty that was imposed upon him
forthekids 6 months ago
I remember that episode..where that crazed movie and comic book collector"Stanley Stover"/"The Crimson Crusader"stole all of that memorabilia from movie,tv and comic book stores and from a movie studio.
bnichols23 6 months ago
BTW, question, all (since I'm too lazy to look it up!). The guy in #4 -- is that Chet from Emergency! ?
texasluva bnichols23 6 months ago
Okay I'll bite. If you knew his name Tim Donnelly. Paste it into IMDb. You will get 122 episodes. Or just Google Chet on Emergency you get his real name. Then check his acting credits which he had 5 episodes in Dragnet. I just wasted 2 minutes of my time ha ha Well I wanted to know myself
bnichols23 texasluva 6 months ago
Yeah, I knew his name (huge Emergency! fan) but was a) too tied up & b) too LAZY to look it up on a precariously balanced laptop. Freely admit it all. I'm on work from home from the med school I work at & the sofa doesn't have a desk built in. I make gadzooks on typos just at my best, & with a wobbly Dell *&* a Maine Coon who figures I'm her lounge chair..... Yeah, you get the image, I'm certain. -laugh-