Which situational comedy did not debut in the '60s?

The '60s was the rise of situational comedies. For short, the genre is referred to as sitcoms. Although westerns were still highly viewed, media companies and studios saw a new opportunity to make viewers laugh.

What's better than seeing your favorite character in a situation that anyone could face in real life? It brought a deeper connection between fans and television series, and it did so in a humorous way. The light-hearted jokes in the episodes gave fans a reason to laugh, but it also gave them a chance to feel better about their own problems.

With so many classic sitcoms to choose from, do you remember which series did NOT debut in the '60s?

Note: All of the shows included have seasons that aired during the '60s, but one debuted before the decade rolled in.

Watch Green Acres on MeTV!

Weeknights at 9:30 PM

1. Which situational comedy did not debut in the '60s?

Which situational comedy did not debut in the '60s?

MadMadMadWorld 1 month ago
LITB always is ID'ed as a '50s show, but its run from 1957-63, shows it is exactly half in the '50s, (1957-60; 3 years), and half in the '60s (1960-63; 3 years). So it's split perfectly down-the-middle on both sides of the best 6 years in American history!
Douglas 1 month ago
I found it! got it right on the first try. a little process of elimination.
Catman 1 month ago
One of the rare ones of this type that I had no problem with.
Coldnorth Catman 1 month ago
OMG that looks delicious. I swear I can even smell the chocolate cake.
LOVE that piece of chocolate cake! I could eat the icing for 20 min. straight, although I'd probably get sick after 15 minutes! ROTFL! Have to save that pic, it looks so good--the cake, not the pic!
Usually pics of food doesn’t do much for me but that choc cake makes my mouth water. But nobody shared a piece of it with us hmmmmph
Lillyrose 1 month ago
Got it right on the first try: Leave it to Beaver. Easy! Leave it to Beaver is one of my favorite shows.
paul 1 month ago
The answer was on the title. 1957. Too easy if you can read Roman numerals. Haha😎
LoveMETV22 paul 1 month ago
LOL. They could do a story on the use of Roman Numerals in Film and Television. Not sure how much interest there would be, but from a historical perspective, it may get a few views.
MadMadMadWorld paul 1 month ago
I love MCMLVII, especially 10-4 (month-day), when LITB premiered! The same eventful day in world history when the U.S.S.R. launched the first artificial satellite, Sputnik 10-4-57. Memorable day!!!
"That's a 10-4!" (over and out!) --Andy Taylor
MadMadMadWorld paul 1 month ago
But you needed a magnifying glass to read it! I loved learning Roman numerals when a kid (decades ago), so I could know the year of a movie or tv show that used them instead of Arabic numbers!
TheDavBow3 1 month ago
Too easy! Maybe a tough quiz for the 20 somethings 😉
retro6 1 month ago
Finally I got one in the first try! Pretty easy though,
AllisonWunderland 1 month ago