Quiz: The Sounds of '64

Who sang which song, anyway?

Where were you in 1964? More importantly, what were you listening to? Chances are you were tuned into something memorable.

Some of the greatest songs of all time were released in 1964. We want to know whether you remember which artists sent them out over the radio waves. So that's what this quiz is set up to do! We'll name a song, you pick who sang it in '64. Lots of artists may have recorded these tracks, but we want to know who released it that year. Good luck, and be sure to share your favorite song of the year in the comments section below! Maybe use the chance to brag about your score while you're at it, too.

1. "Do Wah Diddy Diddy" was originally recorded by the Exciters in '63. Which band made the song famous with a hit version in 1964?
  2. "We'll Sing in the Sunshine" was a hit on easy listening and country music stations. Who sang it?
  3. Irving Taylor wrote "Everybody Loves Somebody" back in 1947. Who made it a hit in 1964?
  4. Nothing you could say can tear us away from this "My Guy" singer.
  5. "Under the Boardwalk" has been covered and remade countless times. Who got there first in '64?
  6. "Dancing in the Street" shouts out cities like Philadelphia, Baltimore and New Orleans. Who made it a hit?
  7. Which act took us to "The Chapel of Love" back in '64?
  8. "Wishin' and Hopin'" was written by Hal David and Burt Bacharach, recorded by Dionne Warwick, and became a Top 10 hit for which singer?
  9. "Dead Man's Curve" was a great example of the "teenage tragedy song" phenomenon. Who sang it?
  10. Although "The House of the Rising Sun" was a traditional folk tune, this band charted with it multiple times.

Quiz: The Sounds of '64

Deleted 19 days ago
This comment has been removed.
Deleted 19 days ago
This comment has been removed. Load previous comments
AllisonWunderland 11 days ago
NO Barbie ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ Ugh!
texasluva 11 days ago
How bout Raggedy Ann and Andy, Tutti and Todd or Mrs. Beasley ๐Ÿ˜†. ๐Ÿ‘€ Scooby Doo ๐Ÿถ ๐Ÿ˜„
AllisonWunderland 11 days ago
Now weโ€™re cookin with hot grease ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜
texasluva 5 days ago
Come one come all to the MeTv Friday Night Movie Quiz. BIG MOVIE NIGHT!
Where everyone can take a guess or make comments to other quizzers.
There will be extra bonus movies for just coming by. Including entertainment for all. Feel free to ask questions, copy movie links and just plain join in the fun via communication. The MQ will be up until the movie is guessed and an hour to look over and pick out what you wish. Have fun doing so. There are no wrong answers but the first one to guess the correct movie gets their names put up for getting it correctly. See you @ https://www.metv.com/quiz/whos-your-favorite-classic-tv-couple
9 P.M. Sharp (Friday) CT. Stop by .
Good luck and enjoy.
Deleted 19 days ago
This comment has been removed.
MrsPhilHarris 19 days ago
Great music videos. Interesting choices on the FredFlix clip.
texasluva 19 days ago
I'd never heard of Dalida. She could speak many languages. Born in Egypt by Italian parents but I think she was a French citizen.

Dalida sold several million records around the world. Her best known songs are "Bambino", "Gondolier", "Les enfants du Pirรฉe", "Le temps des fleurs", "Darla dirladada", "J'attendrai", "Le jour oรน la pluie viendra", "Gigi l'amoroso", "Salama ya salama", and "Paroles, paroles" featuring spoken word by Alain Delon. Out of all that I only know Alain Delon. Don't know if she ever made it to The States. Popular abroad.
MrsPhilHarris 19 days ago
Yes Alain Delon dated a bunch of the hot French babes back in the day.
KJExpress 19 days ago
Hey! We've been worried about you. I hope all is well!
texasluva 12 days ago
BIG MOVIE NIGHT!
See you @ https://www.metv.com/quiz/only-movie-buffs-will-know-all-these-sequels
Where everyone can take a guess or make comments to other quizzers.
Good luck and enjoy
geatornez82 24 days ago
10/10. This is what happens to those of us 80's kids who grew up listening to the music their parents liked when they were kids.
trogg888 25 days ago
I have sang house of the rising sun in a cover band so many times in a cover band since the sixties I could do it in my sleep.still never get tired of it
nancnanaz 1 month ago
10/10 and No way us old timers need to look up the answers! That's some of the music we grew up on.
Randall 1 month ago
# 8 is a trick question, Dusty had the big hit on Bacharach/David's Wishin' and Hopin' but Nancy Sinatra did an excellent version of that song as well! It may not have been a single,but it should have been! ( 10/10) not bad because I was born in 68'
MrSchwamp 1 month ago
You followers that boast 10/10 must have looked up the answers online. I didn't, and I got three out of 10.
Splenderella9 MrSchwamp 1 month ago
Are you kidding??! I LIVED through that time - I was 14 years old and listening to the radio was my LIFE! I heard every tune as I read the title - no way did I have to look ANYTHING up!!๐Ÿ˜
Muleskinner MrSchwamp 1 month ago
I still listen to those songs. I have CDs of them and tune the oldies station on the radio.
Muleskinner Muleskinner 1 month ago
And I also listen to them on YouTube.
10/10. Most of them I breezed right through. The only one I hesitated with was Under The Boardwalk. Was it the Coasters or Drifters? I chose wisely....... Drifters.
Randall MrSchwamp 1 month ago
I've been listening to oldies radio ever since I was a child and got 10/10 ( I was born in 68') !
Well said, Splenderella9!!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ˜
IndianaRockz MrSchwamp 1 month ago
I really don't think us kids here in the MeTV playground are looking up answers while taking these fun quizzes to get a "10/10 score", what would be the point of that? Anyone could just not take the quizzes & just post, or as you say "boast" they got a perfect score every single time.
Half the fun of taking these quizzes is owning up to & posting a terrible score with a fun or witty comment in the comment section! And on the *rare* occasion I personally get a 10/10 score, I certainly don't boast about it & neither do most all the folks on here, it just feels like a fun tiny little victory catching that elusive perfect score. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
MrSchwamp 1 month ago
Tough quiz!
Splenderella9 MrSchwamp 1 month ago
Let's just say you hadda be there!๐Ÿ˜‚
CrumblyCrunchies 1 month ago
The girl groups can confuse a person. Sound alot alike sometimes.
Ready2go 1 month ago
10/10. I know my 60's music!
MrSchwamp Ready2go 1 month ago