Pick: Who had the best Saturday morning cartoons in the 1970s?

It's a battle of the toons, a clash of the networks, a blast from your past!

The 1970s. Man, what a time to be a kid! Or a kid at heart. It was a golden age for Saturday morning cartoons. Well, the word "cartoons" does not do the weekend programming justice. There were wild live-action shows from the Kroffts, space adventures, reruns, musical showcases and more.

We gathered some highlights from each year of the decade. This is not every show on, but give you a good idea of what the networks were airing.

Pick: What would you watch each year? And which year was the best?

Watch Bugs Bunny and Friends on MeTV!

One Full Hour

Saturdays at 9 AM

1. 1970
  2. 1971
  3. 1972
  4. 1973
  5. 1974
  6. 1975
  7. 1976
  8. 1977
  9. 1978
  10. 1979
  11. Okay, looking back: What was the best year for Saturday morning cartoons in the Seventies?

Pick: Who had the best Saturday morning cartoons in the 1970s?

pjones4023 1 day ago
To be fair, I never stayed on one channel, so my answers didn't jive with the majority a whole lot.
marmetv20 7 days ago
Difficult choices I loved so many of those cartoons!
Bret 8 days ago
All through the decade, I would have been channel the channel a lot.
Living in the Chicagoland area, we had all the networks plus a few excellent local channels.
AaronHandyIII 10 days ago
Remember tuning in to a LOT of CBS shows, beamed onto local New Orleanian TV sets via WWL-TV Channel 4! 😁

Andy 10 days ago
Rather difficult, as my sisters and I never stuck to one channel. We flipped around and watched the shows we preferred.
Warrenp 11 days ago
Loved Land of the Lost, Shazam and ISIS Power Hour, Bugs, Scooby, Superfriends, pretty much all of them until they got dumb and I grew up (wait I never did) however the stuff they have today isnt cartoons this is why I love the idea of ME-tv bringing back the stuff I grew up with. Life was easier and alot more fun back then.
Foghornleghorn 11 days ago
I liked Frankenstein Jr, Bugs Bunny and friends, Josie and the Pussycats., Space Ghost, The Herculoids, Thundar the Barbarian, Scooby Do where are you, HR Puffinstuff, and some others that aren’t mentioned. Johnny Quest was the best cartoon. It had it all. Cool music, monsters, adventure not to mention I had a crush on Race Bannon!
Mob39 11 days ago
My favorites were the land of the lost, the croft supershow, Bugs Bunny, Flintstones, the Jetsons, the little rascals, HR puffin stuff, and speed buggy
BillO 13 days ago
Like most, I didn't stay on one network all morning.