Pick: What would you watch on TV in 1991?

Dinosaurs, Doogie and Darkwing Duck, oh my!

Hop in the time machine — we're going back three decades!

In 1991, we were treated to Must See TV and TGIF at their peaks. Reality TV was kicking into high gear with hosts William Shatner and Robert Stack. FOX was finally competing with the Big Three.

We flipped through the old TV listings to find some actual offerings from the year 1991. Pick what you would watch — and see how your taste stacks up against the rest!

Watch Matlock on MeTV!

Weekdays at 10 AM

1. We begin on Sunday, September 22, at 8PM. Are you looking to laugh or solve a mystery?
    Image: 20th Television
  2. On Monday, September 16, are you up for action or sitcoms at 8PM?
  3. It's Tuesday, April 30, at 8PM, and two series are wrapping up their seasons.
  4. On Wednesday, November 20, you can opt for nostalgia, puppets or aliens.
  5. Find romance for different ages on Wednesday, November 20, at 9PM.
    Image: 20th Television
  6. Thursday, April 18, offered up some major favorites at 9:30PM.
  7. On October 25, a Friday, at 8pm, you had funny legal matters, dramatic legal matters, or true crime.
    Image: Warner Bros. Television
  8. The holiday season is kicking off on Friday, November 22, at 9PM. What would you watch with the family?
    Image: CBS Television Distribution
  9. And old favorite made his return on Saturday, November 23, at 8PM.
    Image: CBS
  10. Let's wrap up with some Saturday morning cartoons! Here are the offerings at 9AM.
    Image: Warner Bros.

Pick: What would you watch on TV in 1991?

Katzi 19 days ago
30%
Tuesday was tough! I liked both Rescue 9-11 & Who's The Boss !!
Randall 1 month ago
Forgotten was sunday night 7 pm LIFE GOES ON, with the awesome KELLIE MARTIN, CHRIS BURKE,TRACEY NEEDHAM,BROADWAY LEGEND PATTI LUPONE, AND BILL SMITROVITCH AND IN THE FINAL SEASON CHAD LOWE!! AWESOME
Moverfan 1 month ago
Who in the hell wrote the first question? America's Funniest Home Videos was never on at eight unless ABC ran two episodes--even when Bob Saget hosted the original 30-minutes how, it was on at SEVEN!
TheSentinel Moverfan 1 month ago
Not a fan of the Bob Saget era of that show. Saget was lame as a host (including his attempts to do vocal impersonations during the videos) and during his hosting gig, I called the show "America's Stupidest Home Videos" (just as South Park did when it parodied the show's Saget era).
Newyorkcitygal Moverfan 19 days ago
It probably was posted as central time. Which would be an hour earlier in some states.
vinman63 TheSentinel 16 days ago
I like the earlier episodes because Crow T Robot was a writer on them.
PulsarStargrave 1 month ago
I should remember to avoid these 90s quizzes! There weree only a handful of shows I watched, and they were mostly UHF shows like ANGEL, MARRIED WITH CHILDREN, THE SIMPSONS and WWF SMACKDOWN!

I was MOSTLY into TV38's MOVIE LOFT which featured great movies from several decades! Who needed Susan Dey and Harry Hamlin when I had NATALIE WOOD and STEVE McQUEEN???
kat 1 month ago
I worked evenings in the 90s and had cable. I watched maybe 2 of these shows.
Bret 1 month ago
I didn't finish this.
There were to many times where I would have said "None of the Above"
kat Bret 1 month ago
Same, I quit at question 3 when I realized I never watched any of these shows.
Lacey 1 month ago
50%
This was not a high point for network TV. A lot of these shows I never watched.
kat Lacey 1 month ago
A lot of cable and dish TV started by then. HBO was way more interesting.
TheSentinel Lacey 1 month ago
Compared with network TV today, 1991 was like a golden age.
Gumbysstuntdouble 1 month ago
These polls need a "None of the above" option.
jimmyvici 1 month ago
56%...I’ve always liked watching MacGyver. I still watch it on my Pluto Tv app
BrentwoodJon 1 month ago
They needed to add a answer [ I would read a magazine]
That was the decade I did not watch much TV and I'm a big tv fan.
denny 1 month ago
With that lineup, I'm glad I worked nights in 1991.
UTZAAKE 1 month ago
43% similar. Truth be told, didn't watch too much television if at all from 1989 to 1996. Just wasn't interested.