How well do you remember Elvis' ''Jailhouse Rock''?

Everybody, let's rock

Elvis doesn't have just one signature tune. He had a ton.

But this quiz focuses on just one of those stellar tracks... 1957's "Jailhouse Rock".

Let's see how well you can remember the lyrics as you take the quiz and fill in the blanks. Good luck! And be sure to share your thoughts and your score in the comments section below.

1. Who threw a party at the county jail?
  2. Who played the tenor saxophone?
  3. What state did the drummer come from?
  4. Who told number three "You're the cutest jailbird I ever did see"?
  5. Who was sitting on a block of stone?
  6. Which of these is a character introduced in the song's fifth verse?
  7. Who forgoes an escape offer in order to "get his kicks"
  8. "Everybody in the whole _________ block, was dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock"

How well do you remember Elvis' ''Jailhouse Rock''?

grandpa5741 9 days ago
6 of 8, imagine Elvis performing at a Super Bowl? He would kill it 🎤
GloryGrace 13 days ago
Missed #7. Grown up with that as one of my Favorite songs....but honestly? At that point I am too into the music to listen to a name! LOL
harlow1313 20 days ago
4/8 I was born in 1956, and I really latched onto The British Invasion groups and American bands like Creedence Clearwater Revival and The Byrds, and far too many more to list here, from that magical era between 1963-72.

I have never had much interest in Elvis. I can appreciate his impact when he first burst onto the scene, and he influenced musicians that I like a lot. I can also see how the chicks would be attracted to his raw sexuality early on.

I'm partial to the earlier rockabilly over those hound-dog-eyed love songs.
Wendy57 20 days ago
6/8
Why did they have Elvis dye his hair
black ?
I saw Elvis at the end of his career at Lake Tahoe, CA in 1975. Yes he was heavy, but, it was still a thrill. Especially when he sang Love Me Tender under a single spotlight. 😍
BorisK 20 days ago
Always thought "Number 47 told Number 3, you're the cutest jailbird I ever did see" was a little weird for a jailhouse song.
cperrynaples BorisK 20 days ago
Well maybe it was a co-ed prison...LOL! Then again, we've all seen Oz haven't we...LOL again!
jimmyvici 20 days ago
5/8…before my time. Not too bad I guess
gockionni 21 days ago
5/8 - Elvis was such a doll! 💋
cperrynaples gockionni 21 days ago
Are you talking about those moves he made in the movie? He was sorta Ken before Ken...LOL! Fun Fact:They were parodied by Conrad, the title character in Bye Bye Birdie!
Not very well. I hated Bye Bye Birdie.
A mixed review! Dick Van Dyke & Paul Lynde were great, but there was too much Ann-Margaret! RIP for Chita Revera, who Van Dyke sang to on Broadway!
gockionni cperrynaples 20 days ago
The moves he made in the movies, the moves on stage, the smile (oh yeah), the winks…shall I go on? (she asks knowing he’s probably heard enough lol).
MikefromJersey 21 days ago
"Mercy... You got 4 out of 8. You're not exactly rock 'n' roll royalty, after all..."

Don't be cruel, MeTV guys, you got me all shook up with that comment, but that's all right,
any way you do.
MrsPhilHarris 21 days ago
3/8 🤭
KJExpress MrsPhilHarris 20 days ago
I got 2/8. P.U. One of those songs I've listened to but never really heard, apparently. 🤷‍♀️
MrsPhilHarris KJExpress 19 days ago
Same here. I guess I never really listened.