How well do you remember Col. Henry Blake's final episode of M*A*S*H, ''Abyssinia, Henry''?

McLean Stevenson's character of Henry Blake was undoubtedly a beloved one. That's why his final episode on the show was so emotional.

The season three finale of M*A*S*H is one of the most memorable, dramatic, gut-wrenching and emotional episodes of the entire series.

It's the final time fans saw Col. Henry Blake, played by McLean Stevenson, on the show.

The natural progression of the episode initially left fans happy for the fictional character as he's set to be discharged from the M*A*S*H 4077th, but by episode's end, the earth-shattering twist caught viewers off guard.

Blake's departure and how it was executed was so dramatic, most of the cast didn't learn of his fate until the scene was shot.

"Abyssinia, Henry" is an episode that any true M*A*S*H fan will never forget.

Put your knowledge of this all-time M*A*S*H episode to the test with our quiz below. (Spoilers!)

Watch M*A*S*H on MeTV!

One Full Hour

This Week at 7 PM

1. What hymn does Father Mulcahy hum in the opening operating room scene?
  2. Who initially informs Col. Blake he is heading home?
  3. When Henry learns that he is bound for home, he calls his wife. What is her name?
  4. On the same call, it's revealed someone has been wearing Henry's suits back in the States while he's been gone. Who was it?
  5. How does Hawkeye express his goodbye to Col. Blake?
  6. Col. Blake helps Klinger with his latest outfit before he leaves. What does he help with?
  7. After, Klinger asks Blake to carry a picture of him in his wallet. What dress is he wearing in the image?
  8. Hawkeye whispers into Col. Blake's ear before he leaves. What happens next?
  9. What does Col. Blake tell Radar before they hug goodbye?
  10. What happens after Radar informs the M*A*S*H 4077th of Col. Blake's fatal plane crash?

STTOS 14 days ago
You got 10 out of 10 - How well did you remember Col. Blake's final episode? Is your score worthy of a salute? A very underutilized character. Some of my favorite episodes from seasons 1-3 were ones in which his was a prominent character: "The Trial of Henry Blake" (which he also wrote), "The Army Navy Game" (a story he inspired), "Deal Me Out", "Henry in Love", "The Chosen People", and "Private Charles Lamb".
Lillyrose 17 days ago
8 out of 10. That was a very sad episode. I only saw it once. It's too sad.
djw1120 25 days ago
10 out of 10
But no matter how many times I see this episode I still cry at the end when Radar comes into the operating room and tells everyone that Blakes plane was shot down and spun into the Sea of Japan and there were no survivors.
bnichols23 29 days ago
7. Thought I'd had it better than that.
Meme73 1 month ago
9/10 Best episode ever!!! I cried!!!!
DubSackSC 1 month ago
9/10. Fingers slipped on the “Who’s been wearing his clothing.” I was born when dad came home from Korea
saswifteagle 1 month ago
9/10. My Dad being career army, this episode hit home. Because I knew classmates who lost their own "Henry Blake". To me this was a realistic episode because war have its cost. I was fortunate to make it home from the Gulf War.
frenchman71 1 month ago
9/10. Who in the heck knows what hymn Mulcahy is ever singing. This episode punched every MASH fan right in the mouth. It woulda been so nice to see Henry & Lorraine showing up Saturday nite at the country club unannounced, back home from the war.
JohnGibbons frenchman71 1 month ago
Kinda have to piece that together with logic. God guides the surgeons hand so “guide the flock “ makes sense.
Spock123 1 month ago
It’s kinda crazy what you remember. Damn, I knew it was the pink dress, but the uniform thought got in my way. Great episode. Tim in CA
barrier 1 month ago
10 for 10. Still one of the best shows ever.
STTOS 1 month ago
You got 10 out of 10 - How well did you remember Col. Blake's final episode? Is your score worthy of a salute? Sadly one of the better Col. Blake centered episodes, or episodes where he was more than a spectator to Trapper and (especially) Hawkeye. Others are: The Army-Navy Game (S1E20); The Trial of Henry Blake (S2E8) - for which Stevenson had a hand in writing both episodes. Also, Deal Me Out (S2E13); Henry in Love (S2E16); and Private Charles Lamb (S3E14). Great episodes all.
PortelaJ 1 month ago
10-10. My fav episode. Happy 2023 MeTV gang.
Angie1480 1 month ago
10/10 when not watching this on MeTv, Hulu is my go to!!