How well do you know the career of Ellen Corby?

She was much more than Grandma Walton.

Her role as the terse but tender Grandma Walton brought her worldwide fame, but Ellen Corby had been acting for nearly four decades before she was cast on The Waltons. She was in everything from wacky sitcoms to Hitchcock thrillers.

How well do you know Ellen Corby's long Hollywood career? Take this quiz to put your knowledge to the test!

Watch The Waltons on MeTV!

Weekdays at 11 AM

1. Ellen Corby is most famous for playing Grandma Walton. What is Grandma’s first name?
  2. True or false: Corby was in “The Homecoming: A Christmas Story” which was developed into The Waltons.
  3. Which season did Corby make her last appearance on The Waltons?
  4. How many Waltons reunion movies was Corby in?
  5. Corby shows up in a memorable episode of ‘The Andy Griffith Show’ playing a seemingly nice old woman who…
  6. Corby was also in one episode of ‘The Addams Family’ playing the mother of which character?
  7. Corby had a small role as a hotel manager in which Alfred Hitchcock thriller?
  8. True or false: Corby appeared in three Jack Webb police shows — the 1950s Dragnet, the 1960s Dragnet reboot, and Adam-12.
  9. Corby appeared in the movie ‘Napoleon and Samantha’ starring Michael Douglas, a very young Jodie Foster and which future Waltons costar?
  10. Corby was in the original iteration of which movie later remade in the 1990s?
  11. In a 1974 TV movie, Corby played the mother of which notorious 1930s outlaw played by Martin Sheen?
  12. Corby played Aunt Ellen in two episodes of which 1950s sitcom?
  13. Corby’s first role was a small, uncredited part in the movie ‘Storm at Daybreak’ released in what year?
  14. True or false: the TV movie ‘A Walton Easter’ was Corby’s last TV appearance.

How well do you know the career of Ellen Corby?

L 1 month ago
She was in the 1949 version of Little Women (the maid in the house Jo go to in NY). She was in The Big Trees as one of the religious communities. She was one of the airplane passengers in The Family Jewels.

There are probably more but these are the regular movies I watch.
Pilaf 1 month ago
She was a ditzy inmate in "Caged" & played a ditzy spinster who finally found a fella in "I Remember Mama. "
ThomasStratford 1 month ago
Interesting that the quiz failed to mention her one nomination for an Oscar in “I Remember Mama”!
Lillyrose 1 month ago
8 out of 14. Ellen Corby was also on an episode of "I Love Lucy." The episode is "Lucy meets Orson Welles." Corby played Miss Hanna.
Evan 1 month ago
3/14. I believe she was in Shane but no question in this quiz!
rrichards64 1 month ago
She had one Sean on Its A Wonderful Life. Opposite James Stewart.
Not sure I think he kiss's Her?
MarkSpeck 1 month ago
6 out of 14. Way too many Waltons questions. I was hoping to see something about her roles on The Fugitive and Hawaii Five-O.
TheDavBow3 1 month ago
7/14. I guess I DON'T know the career of Ellen Corby! G'night Grandmaw!
MrsPhilHarris 1 month ago
How well do I know the career of Ellen Corby? Not very well. 6/14.
Jeanna_MD 1 month ago
You left out her really delightful Oscar nominated role in "I Remember Mama" in which she married Candace Bergen's father (to drop some more tv related trivia), famed radio star ventriloquist Edgar Bergen in a rare character actor type film role.
CarolKelley Jeanna_MD 1 month ago
I love that movie! TCM shows it every Mother's Day. If you've never seen it, watch it next Mother's Day because it's a gem.
daDoctah 1 month ago
That episode of The Andy Griffith Show she did also featured one of the eight appearances of Allan Melvin, who played a different character each time he was on the show.
TexasGreek 1 month ago
And so, you shall not know my score. But if it was a gas tank you'd be riding on fumes! :)
BuddyHinton 1 month ago
Good quiz. Wonderful actress. I’m surprised that MeTV left out one of the coolest & most film performances of Corby’s career, that of the soft spoken townsfolk/bank customer in “Its a Wonderful Life”. Opposite Jimmy Stewart in the lobby of the old Bailey Building & Loan. If I could remember the exact amount of the relatively modest amount of money that she requested from her savings account, I’d be a hero in the “It’s a Wonderful Life Hall of Fame”. $$$. Lol. Anyways, I think Jimmy Stewart is so pleased that he kisses her out of sheer gratitude. If anyone knows the dollar amount, include it here: Thanks!
Lantern BuddyHinton 1 month ago
$17.50.? Supposedly she ad-libbed it.
BuddyHinton Lantern 1 month ago
That’s SO COOL that you knew that. I sure didn’t! Bravo 👏🏻
Cowgirl 1 month ago
You got 13 out of 14
You solved the mystery of this quiz no problem!
I missed # 12.
She was also in Trackdown as the owner/editor/publisher of the town newspaper.