Do you know what happens in the Leave It to Beaver episode ''The Haircut''?

Guess what groceries and haircuts cost in 1957.

"The Haircut" a sleeper pick for one of the great Christmas episodes in sitcom history. You might forget that it was, in fact, a Christmas episode. Just the fourth episode overall in Leave It to Beaver's legendary run, "The Haircut" is best known for, well, the haircut. Young Beaver Cleaver ends up looking like Mr. T.

The reason Beaver needs a haircut? A Christmas pageant. The episode ends with a boys choir singing a carol.

Even if you have never seen it, your knowledge of 1950s America and television formulas will give you good educated guesses.

Watch "The Haircut" on Black Friday, November 19, at 8:30AM | 7:30C as part of A Very Merry MeTV!

Watch Leave It to Beaver on MeTV!

Weekdays at 8:00 AM & 8:30 AM

1. June Cleaver is sewing a costume for Beaver. What is the costume?
  2. June gripes about the cost of groceries. How much did she spend?
  3. How much does Ward give Beaver for haircut — plus a tip for the barber?
  4. Who cuts Beaver's hair?
  5. What does June make for dinner?
  6. What is the excuse Wally and Beaver give to explain why they are wearing caps?
  7. What punishment do Ward and June give Wally and Beaver?
  8. What is the name of the grammar school that Beaver attends?
  9. What Christmas carol do the children sing at the end?

Do you know what happens in the Leave It to Beaver episode ''The Haircut''?

Save with

booster 14 days ago
9/9 I was a big fan of the show.
SandyLynneCastrini 15 days ago
6/11. And of course it was Eddie who cut Beaver’s hair.
Wally cut Beaver's hair.
SheriHeffner 15 days ago
8 out of 9. I didn't remember how much money she spent. And I love this episode.
I remember my mother complaining that heating oil went up to 16 cents a gallon and my aunt spent a whopping 24cents for a pack of cigarettes.
anthony 15 days ago
4/9.About right! surprised anybody did worse then me.
Jeremy 15 days ago

Well, I'm afraid I missed that since November 19th was a week ago. I believe they really mean November 29 but they made a typo.
MrsPhilHarris 15 days ago
What a stinker. I thought I would do better. 5/9. Yikes!
DouglasMorris 15 days ago
8/9! missed the last one, number 9.
teire 16 days ago
8/9. Low balled the groceries, otherwise knew them for sure. One of my favorite episodes.
cperrynaples 16 days ago
3/9!!
anthony cperrynaples 15 days ago
Hey CP! Is this your worse score ever?
cperrynaples anthony 15 days ago
Possibly! I have seen this episode, but I just didn't remember it!
What's scary is, I can answer the questions correctly, without even thinking.

But here's a tip anyway, "usually" when it's hard to choose among the answers, the middle one is right! And almost always the first question of the quiz, it's the middle answer. They like to prime your enthusiasm to go further! LOL!!
WilliamMartin 16 days ago
2/9. Was never really a fan of the show.
Moody 16 days ago
6/9. My dad would've made me get a buzzcut. Problem solved.