Did these desirable items cost more in 1974 or 1994?

Was a microwave more in the Seventies or Nineties?

It seems as if the cost of most things is always going up. Especially a cup of coffee. If you look back over time, certain necessities like gas, milk and movie tickets (look, it's a necessity for us) have continually risen over time.

But that's not the case for all things. Technology can sometimes get cheaper over time, for example.

Below, we've gathered similar items from the years 1974 and 1994. Guess which ones had the higher sticker prices.

Just to be clear, we're talking about the price tag at the time, and we are not adjusting for inflation. See if you can remember what they cost!
  1. Which television had the higher price tag?
    Images: Sears / JC Penney / wishbookweb.com
  2. If you're buying a TV, you might as well get a video game system. Which console had the higher price tag?
    Images: Sears / JC Penney / wishbookweb.com
  3. Which microwave had the bigger price tag?
    Images: Sears / JC Penney / wishbookweb.com
  4. Which watch had the higher price at the time?
    Images: Sears / JC Penney / wishbookweb.com
  5. You could look like a cowboy or root for the Cowboys. Which jacket had the higher price tag?
    Images: Sears / JC Penney / wishbookweb.com
  6. Which bean bag chair had the higher price?
    Images: Sears / JC Penney / wishbookweb.com
  7. Let's roll! Which pair of skates had the higher price tag?
    Images: Sears / JC Penney / wishbookweb.com
  8. Which doll had the higher price tag?
    Images: Sears / JC Penney / wishbookweb.com
  9. Which Star Trek action figure cost more?
    Images: Sears / JC Penney / wishbookweb.com
  10. Which portable AM/FM radio and cassette player had the higher price tag?
    Images: Sears / JC Penney / wishbookweb.com
  11. Finally, which sweet car accessory had the higher price tag?
    Images: Sears / JC Penney / wishbookweb.com
Did these desirable items cost more in 1974 or 1994?

Share your results:
Save with

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
AllisonWunderland 28 days ago
11/11...I remember my 70's!! 🎉💃😊
SusanFMurphy 30 days ago

Google is now paying $17000 to $22000 per month for working online from home. I have joined this job 2 months ago and i have earned $20544 in my first month from this job. I can say my life is changed-completely for the better! Cheeck it out what i do....

So I started ══════❥❥❥❥❥HERE► http://finestylereview.com
AndrewHass 1 month ago
I was 8/11 and i think this was an interesting quiz.
Barry22 1 month ago
6/11, apparently I don't buy enough stuff.
KimDSpivey 1 month ago
Start getting paid every month online from home more than $15k just by doing very simple and easy job from home. Last month i have earned $17954 from this online job just by giving this 2 hrs a day using my laptop. I am now a good online earner. Get this job you guys also and start earning money online right now by follow details here............ ===>>>www.payshd.com
henaduyega120 1 month ago
u¬nt¬i¬l ¬i s¬Aw t¬h¬e r¬e¬c¬e¬i¬pt 4 $5864, ¬i ¬d¬i¬d ¬n¬ot ¬b¬e¬l¬i¬ev¬e t¬h¬At...¬my... ¬m¬ot¬h¬er ¬i¬n ¬l¬Aw tru¬l¬ey ¬e¬Ar¬n¬i¬n¬g ¬m¬o¬n¬ey ¬p¬Art t¬i¬m¬e ¬o¬n¬l¬i¬n¬e.. t¬h¬er¬e ¬br¬ot¬h¬ers ¬fr¬i¬e¬n¬d ¬h¬A¬d ¬b¬e¬A¬n ¬d¬o¬i¬n¬g t¬h¬is ¬l¬ess t¬h¬A¬n 9 ¬m¬o¬nt¬hs ¬A¬n¬d r¬e¬c¬e¬nt¬ly ¬c¬l¬e¬Ar¬d t¬h¬e ¬m¬ort¬g¬A¬g¬e ¬o¬n t¬h¬e¬ir ¬A¬p¬p¬Art¬m¬e¬nt ¬A¬n¬d ¬pur¬c¬h¬As¬e¬d ¬A ¬g¬or¬g¬e¬ous ¬c-Ar. ¬g¬o t¬o, ¬g¬o t¬o t¬h¬is s¬it¬e ¬h¬o¬m¬e t¬A¬b ¬f¬or ¬m¬or¬e ¬d¬et¬A¬i¬l

>>>>>www.payshd.com
Misha 1 month ago
My Rollerblades cost $180 in 1994. Those "Zoomlites" are not Rollerblades(TM).
JeffTanner 1 month ago
''You got 6 out of 11'' ---------------- Which is terrible for me. Maybe next time you should ask Teddy Ruxpin. For $45, he better be able to at least tell you things like that.
Barry22 JeffTanner 1 month ago
I tried to promote a 'Teddy Ruxpimp' doll back in the 80's, I was told that was in bad taste.
teire 1 month ago
9/11. Fun to comparison shop.
7/11. Hmmm! I wonder how much things cost in 1974/1994 at the 7-11!