Did these classic shows ever have any two-part episodes?

Which shows teased “to be continued” and which didn’t?

With the rise of streaming, many new shows these days continue storylines from episode to episode, but it’s a relatively new phenomenon. In the era of classic television, each episode was a self-contained story in case viewers missed a week or two.

Of course, sometimes a series would tell a longer story over two or more episodes and flash the dreaded tease “to be continued” right after a cliffhanger at the end of part one. While it happened more often in dramas, plenty of sitcoms had two-part episodes as well.

Here are 20 classic series. Guess whether each one had two-part episodes or not. It’s a simple yes or no question but the answers may surprise you!

Watch Happy Days on MeTV!

Weeknights at 6:30 PM

1. Did 'The Love Boat' ever have any two-part episodes?
  2. Did the original 'Twilight Zone' ever have any two-part episodes?
  3. Did 'Bonanza' ever have any two-part episodes?
  4. Did 'M*A*S*H' ever have any two-part episodes?
  5. Did 'Gilligan’s Island' ever have any two-part episodes?
  6. Did 'Happy Days' ever have any two-part episodes?
  7. Did 'The Andy Griffith Show' ever have any two-part episodes?
  8. Did 'Perry Mason' ever have any two-part episodes?
  9. Did 'Star Trek' ever have any two-part episodes?
  10. Did 'The Flintstones' ever have any two-part episodes?
  11. Did 'The Rifleman' ever have any two-part episodes?
  12. Did 'I Love Lucy' ever have any two-part episodes?
  13. Did 'Hogan's Heroes' ever have any two-part episodes?
  14. Did 'Lost in Space' ever have any two-part episodes?
  15. Did 'Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.' ever have any two-part episodes?
  16. Did 'The Addams Family' ever have any two-part episodes?
  17. Did 'The Dick Van Dyke Show' ever have any two-part episodes?
  18. Did 'Leave it to Beaver' ever have any two-part episodes?
  19. Did 'My Three Sons' ever have any two-part episodes?
  20. Did 'Petticoat Junction' ever have any two-part episodes?

Did these classic shows ever have any two-part episodes?

ThomasStratford 1 day ago
I Love Lucy had several two part episodes, although they were not announced as such.
Hollie 3 days ago
15/20 what episode was the Addams family 2 part ?
Dajj 4 days ago
15/20, continued next week!! Or same Bat Time, same Bat Channel tomorrow!!!
MikefromJersey 7 days ago
20 for 20. Like Todd below, I wondered if the 3 episode Washington DC arc counted.
I always recalled those Gomer episodes because the episode with Gomer at the Lincoln
Memorial originally aired the night when my family got back from DC.
My uncle Pete took us to the Memorial at 11 PM because it is astoundingly beautiful and
moving at that hour, completely silent with not even 10 people present. Trust me, there
is no better time to view it, you will thank me if you do. Nixon would go there late as
well. I also recall that night because my twin sister, me and my cousin Jeannie were
running on the stairs and my sister slipped and was knocked out when her head hit the
stairs. Whoa, sorry to go off on a tangent here.
Todd 7 days ago
I don't know if you can really say Gomer didn't have any two part episodes. Although they weren't in two parts there was a three parter when he goes to Washington, another when they have sea maneuvers and a third when they are in a movie.
TijuanaSlim 8 days ago
Not that I didn't miss more than a few others (only got 12/20)
I could have sworn that Dennis Hopper's Twilight Zone appearance in 'He's Alive' was a two-parter
It was one of the hour long Twilight Zones. Maybe the station you watched it on split it in two?
wholly possible...
JDnHuntsvilleAL 9 days ago
11 out of 20 - My third eye is still asleep.
Lacey 9 days ago
14 out of 20. Not my best try.
Shatner1 10 days ago
16/20! I remember L.I.S. had The Keeper, and DVD had the two-parter about getting remarried. However, My Three Sons and MASH--no idea!
Moverfan 10 days ago
Happy Days had a couple of three-parters. They went to Hollywood (I believe Fonzie had been asked to do a screen test--yes, that's the one that gave us "jump the shark") and they also went out west (someplace) to help a relative of Marion's save his ranch.
RichLorn 10 days ago
17 out of .....
To be continued next week.
AnnieM 10 days ago
Ha! To go from the simplicity of that Bond/Twilight Zone quiz to this one...yikes. Only 12/20.
barrier 10 days ago
14/20….. maybe I read too much!
RichardMaceAnderson 10 days ago
16 of 20 I totally knew that Perry Mason had at least one 2-parter. Oh well.
Perry Mason never had a two part episode; each episode involves a different case based on Earl Stanley Gardner novels.
I recall there were a Couple of Episodes that Open 'mid case' rather than the 'usual' format of 'Meet the victim' establish a few red herrings, and the Eventual Client's Motive

so it's not out of the question one might assume the opening case was a carry over from another episode
- I grew up on the 80s movies of the week so beyond a clean shaven Perry I was most shocked at the brevity of the cases all wrapping up in an hour...