Did these classic shows begin or end in 1969?

Was it hello or goodbye for Star Trek, Scooby Doo and The Brady Bunch?

When many people think of the 1960s, they really think of the late '60s, in particular 1969. Things like Woodstock and the moon landing will forever mark the year in the history books.

It was also an eventful year on television. Many classic shows either made their debut or aired their final episodes during those 365 days. A few did both! Can you guess what happened for each show listed below?

Watch Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. on MeTV!

Weeknights at 9 PM
Saturdays at 5 AM & 5:30 AM

1. Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.
  2. The Brady Bunch
  3. Star Trek
  4. Night Gallery
  5. Scooby Doo, Where Are You!
  6. The Wild Wild West
  7. The Jim Nabors Hour
  8. The Big Valley
  9. H.R. Pufnstuf
  10. The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour
  11. Marcus Welby, M.D.
  12. The Mothers-in-Law
  13. The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour
  14. The Joe Namath Show

Did these classic shows begin or end in 1969?

scp 10 hours ago
11 out of 14. Not too bad, considering I began in 1969.

(honestly, I took this quiz only so I could say that)
CouchPotato987 1 day ago
Damn you Joe Namath!!!! You through a trick pass at me, and I dropped it!!!! H.R. Pufnstuff got me too...I didn’t expect there were going to be any trick questions.
TheDavBow3 1 day ago
12/14. I thought Jim Nabors Comedy Hour began and ended in 1969. Shoulda known, he's too talented for that. Missed H.R. Puffinstuff. That doesn't bother me.
Don’t feel bad, I missed H.R. Pufnstuf too...I thought it ended in 1970...Go figure, that was 11 years before I was even born...lol
MarkSpeck 1 day ago
13 out of 14. I could swear that H.R. Pufnstuf went on for a couple of seasons. Guess I was wrong.
purplerose60 MarkSpeck 21 hours ago
Trick question if you ask me, originally broadcast 17 episodes in 69 but it ran on NBC til 72 because it was so awesome!
Jeremy 1 day ago
Did this quiz end the way you wanted? No, not particularly. Oh, I passed it alright, but I only got one wrong and it had to do with The Jim Nabors Hour.
MarkSpeck Jeremy 1 day ago
That show was the reason Gomer Pyle ended. Nabors wanted to do the variety show. He did bring some of the Pyle cast over to the new show, including Frank Sutton.
tnminnow 2 days ago
9/14 as Artie Johnson would say "very interesting". Who new Joe Namath had a show.
I read all of the comments and there are a couple of Namath Nuggets that weren't mentioned: In 1974 he posed nude for Playgirl. {Don't know the exact years, but it was the '70's,} he also did a # of commercials for pantyhose. In fact, I think when he did the Playgirl centerfold, he was wearing a pair of them.
leebillyold 2 days ago
3/14 this quiz is absolutely no fun at all. and METV does not answer my messages
frenchman71 2 days ago
12/14. I got Gomer & H.R. PufnStuf wrong. I guess Gomer was doing his sitcom & variety show at the same time.
cperrynaples 2 days ago
BTW, it is not a coincidence that Gomer Pyle ended the same year The Jim Nabors Hour began! Gomer was number 2 behind Laugh-In and CBS wanted a sixth season, but Nabors made it clear he was afraid Gomer would type cast him! Therefore, he insisted that he be given a variety show and that Frank Sutton and Ronnie Schell would stay on! It would run for 2 years until the rural purge killed it!
jimmyvici 3 days ago
5/14...good ol’ 69! Since I was born in ‘74, 69 means something completely different 😬
cperrynaples MaryAnn 2 days ago
Yea, are you really Ronnie the limo driver...LOL! Do you have a sex tip for us...LOL again!
I'm probably the only person besides you who knows who Ronnie the Limo Driver is!
MrsPhilHarris 3 days ago
11/14 Joe Namath had a show?
Load previous comments
Oh Medicare. I never noticed lol.
What year was the Noxzema ad? Farrah looked like she did on Charlie's Angels.
1973 and was aired on the Superbowl. There were many before that Cybill Shepperd did one for Noxzema (1969) along with others before and after that.
10/14.
The Joe Namath Show was co-hosted by Dick Schaap and involved the fine art of conversation with other celebrities from primarily sports and entertainment. ESPN Classic re-aired the series quite a few times years ago.
CaptainDunsel 3 days ago
11/14
When I logged on this website,
This ad-frenetic website,
who would have thought when I logged in to play -
I'd start this quiz in clover,
but before this quiz was over,
I'd jump through pop-up ads far away!
Big3Fan 3 days ago
9/14 I missed numbers 4, 7, 9, 12 and 13. Most of these shows I never watched.
cperrynaples 3 days ago
12/14! And I call fowl on my wrong answers! HR Pufnstuf continued into 1970 and Joe Namath only ran in New York! Bonus Question: Which 1969 show started AND ended the same night? I'll even give you the date: February 5th!
cperrynaples Bob 3 days ago
Yep, Laugh-in part deux! Tim Conway was the guest and I STILL have nightmares of him in a dress...LOL!!
daDoctah cperrynaples 3 days ago
Pufnstuf had only 13 episodes. The first aired September 7, 1967, the last December 27. People tend to think of it as running longer than that because they kept running those 13 episodes over and over for years.
cperrynaples daDoctah 3 days ago
I'll accept that! Technically, the Night Gallery question is wrong! The pilot ran in 1969 but the series didn't start until 1970! Bonus Question: What future film director's first job was on this pilot and which legendary film actress did he direct?
BrittReid cperrynaples 2 days ago
Steven Spielberg /Joan Crawford.
cperrynaples BrittReid 2 days ago
Correct on both sides!
Moriyah 3 days ago
9/14! I'm so glad Gomer was mentioned in this quiz!!!
MaryAnn Moriyah 2 days ago
Me too...one of the few I got right!
Moriyah MaryAnn 2 days ago
What was you score on the quiz?
MaryAnn Moriyah 2 days ago
Uh...6/14. 😕
texasluva 3 days ago
9/14. Never watched H.R. Pufnstuf, The Mothers-in-Law or “Broadway Joe.” Namath Show.
frenchman71 texasluva 2 days ago
I watched "Mothers-in-Law". It was pretty good even though it wasn't on that long.