Can you tell the difference between Maverick episodes and Humphrey Bogart movies?

Are these titles TV western adventures or film noir classics?

Image: The Everett Collection

Humphrey Bogart and James Garner were classic Hollywood stars in their own ways. Both played handsome leading heroes but one was decidedly more serious than the other. Bogart came up just as movies gained sound while Garner followed a few decades later and was equally comfortable on the big and small screens.

Here are 20 titles taken from Maverick episodes and Bogart films. Can you tell one from the other?

Watch Maverick on MeTV!

16. The Wagons Roll at Night
  17. Two Tickets to Ten Strike
  18. The Oklahoma Kid
  19. Prey of the Cat
  20. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

Filmnoirfan 15 days ago
16/20 - anyone that nails this one deserves an applause. Here’s looking at you, kid
trogg888 16 days ago
missed a couple but who cares,i loved both of those guys and saw every bogart movie and all garner stuff
daDoctah 19 days ago
My favorite Bogart movie at the moment, not listed here, is "In a Lonely Place". I stumbled across it after noticing actress Jeff (yes, a woman named Jeff) Donnell in one of the "Whistler" pictures and started looking up her other work. She was married to Aldo Ray, appeared in drag (probably a nod to her first name) in the Tim Holt western "The Stagecoach Kid", played George Gobel's wife on his fifties sketch comedy show and the title character's mother in the two "Gidget" movie sequels, and was still working as late as the 1980s when she appeared in an episode of Fantasy Island.

And here she's serenaded romantically by none other than Ken "Festus" Curtis:

justjeff daDoctah 13 days ago
According to a Wikipedia article:

"Curtis was with the Tommy Dorsey band in 1941, and succeeded Frank Sinatra as vocalist until Dick Haymes contractually replaced Sinatra in 1942."

As for Jeff Donnell:

"Donnell was born in South Windham, Maine, to Harold and Mildred Donnell, when her father was superintendent at a boys' reformatory in that town. As a child, she adopted the nickname "Jeff" after the character in her favorite comic strip, Mutt and Jeff."
MikefromJersey 19 days ago
18 for 20. If you recall, Bogie's widow Lauren Bacall and James Garner supposedly had an affair
when she guested on a 2 part Rockford Files, according to the gossip rags.
But that didn't fit Garner's character, he and his wife were one of Hollywood's great
love stories.
Runeshaper 19 days ago
14/20 and I’ll take it! :)
I only got 11 -this was a tough one for me - and all the constant pop-ups did not help either
trogg888 MichaelNivens 16 days ago
get add blocker
varep81861 19 days ago
Usually they don't make a film with the same name with-in 4 years. Bogart's 1936 film is known by 3 different titles - Two Against The World, One Fatal Hour, and The Case Of Mrs Peom brook. Also a remake of "Five Star Final (1931). Another piece of trivia: The $1000 that Dr Leavenworth suggests offering Miss is worth $18,700 in 2020. The $2 for the marriage license is worth about $47...................>> jobztip.com
frenchman71 20 days ago
I was 16/20. I'm glad they mentioned my favorite Bogart movie, "Angels with Dirty Faces". If you haven't seen that, try and get it.
Cagney was his co-star, but he hated the first script so much, he almost left Warner Brothers! He felt he played too many gangsters, but that was his specialty! Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the one where he chickens out in the electric chair in order to teach the gang boys crime doesn't pay?
You are correct. "Rocky turned yellow! I don't believe it!" Leo Gorcey made his bones in this flick.
He did it all for lifelong buddy, Pat O'Brien...Jerry the priest.
Gorcey went on to form the Bowery Boys with Huntz Hall! I used to watch them every Saturday!
Classic movie , one of Bogie's finest
CaptainDunsel 20 days ago
14/20
Well, I was always more of a Robert Sacchi fan. anyway.
The Man With Bogart's Face!
Jeremy 20 days ago
I didn't do too bad. I missed three. I just went with my hunches like I usually do. I just picked what I thought sounded like the name of a movie or not.
Big3Fan 20 days ago
13/20 I really like Garner. Bogart, not so much. Having said that, I've never gotten into Maverick but I really like The Rockford Files and some of his big screen work.
trogg888 Big3Fan 16 days ago
how could you not like maverick.somthin is wrong with you