Can you name the TV legends who starred in these flop shows?

They can't all be winners… but you can.

When you're making a new TV series, it helps to cast a big name. But it doesn't always help.

The following short-lived shows managed to hook a huge icon in the lead role. However, for whatever reasons — critics, time slots, chemistry — they failed to click with audiences. A veteran TV viewer might recognize most of them.

See if you can figure out the legend hiding behind the yellow circles in these flop shows. Good luck!
  1. This '60s star became a different kind of hero for 13 episodes of 'Barbary Coast' in 1975.
    Image: The Everett Collection
  2. Creator Sherwood Schwartz was horsing around when he reunited with a former star for the 1973 series 'Dusty's Trail.'
    Image: The Everett Collection
  3. 'Kingston: Confidential' starred this icon as a publisher who solved crimes. It lasted an unlucky 13 episodes.
    Image: The Everett Collection
  4. 'Maybe This Time' cast Marie Osmond as the daughter of this legend in 1995.
    Image: The Everett Collection
  5. 'Partners in Crime' put together two '70s idols in 1984 — Loni Anderson and this star.
    Image: The Everett Collection
  6. The 1997 series 'George and Leo' paired Judd Hirsch with this comedy icon for one short season.
    Image: The Everett Collection
  7. This '60s sitcom titan acted alongside Jerry Van Dyke for 14 episodes of 'The Headmaster.'
    Image: The Everett Collection
  8. This iconic cowboy took a break from Westerns to play a detective for 16 episodes of 'McClain's Law.'
    Image: The Everett Collection
  9. This '70s idol made a rare return to TV alongside Ryan O'Neal in the 1991 series 'Good Sports.'
    Image: The Everett Collection
  10. This former '60s teen star appeared alongside John Davidson for 22 episodes in 'The Girl with Something Extra.'
    Image: The Everett Collection
Can you name the TV legends who starred in these flop shows?

Share your results:
Save with

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
EllisClevenger 12 days ago
You got 10 out of 10
Wonderful! Nothing escapes your keen eye.
LindaWilliams 17 days ago
You got 8 out of 10
Missed 2 and 5
Wonderful! Nothing escapes your keen eye.
STTOS 25 days ago
You got 8 out of 10 - Wonderful! Nothing escapes your keen eye. Wow, I'll take it. Not too bad considering I didn't remember most of these shows.
gazawilm 27 days ago

S­t­a­r­t w­o­r­k­i­n­g ­a­t h­o­m­e w­i­t­h G­o­o­g­l­e! I­t's b­y-f­a­r t­h­e b­e­s­t j­o­b I'v­e h­a­d. L­a­s­t W­e­d­n­e­s­d­a­y I g­o­t a b­r­a­n­d n­e­w B­M­W ­s­i­n­c­e ­g­e­t­t­i­n­g a c­he­c­k f­o­r ­$­6­4­7­4 t­h­i­s - 4 w­e­e­k­s p­a­s­t. I b­e­g­a­n t­h­i­s 8-m­o­n­t­h­s a­g­o a­n­d i­m­m­e­d­i­a­t­e­l­y w­a­s b­r­i­n­g­i­n­g h­o­m­e a­t l­e­a­s­t $­7­7 p­e­r­ h­o­u­r. I w­o­r­k t­h­r­o­u­g­h t­h­i­s l­i­n­k, g­o t­o h­o­m­e ­t­a­b f­o­r m­o­r­e d­e­t­a­i­l ­..

,...........payshd.com
Lantern 28 days ago
Even if you didn't know the answers, you could guess from the hairlines peeking out from the GUESS WHO circles.
Alanakt Lantern 12 days ago
That's what helped me pick bob Newhart on the one question. I got 6 out of 10
Tresix 28 days ago
9/10, I missed "The Headmaster". I admit, I watched "Partners in Crime" for the obvious reason(s). But I actually ended up liking it as a mystery series and was really sad when it was canceled.
Lacey 28 days ago
10/10 I actually WATCHED all of these shows. Wow, my life is really sad.
AgingDisgracefully 28 days ago
Compare the casts of Gilligan's Island to Dusty's Trail.
Complete parallel characters! (Look it up.)
But so dismally bad, Alan Hale and Larry Storch didn't even bother with revenge sex.
CarrieMcCourt 28 days ago
Really, MeTV? 27 comments and 8 of them were SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I complained the other day. Of course, that was after I made a million dollars responding to one of the ads.
Alanakt Jacqueline05478 12 days ago
I complained and flagged all of them, yesterday and today. Unless they are paying metv to post these ads, they should be removed, banned, shot, etc.
CarrieMcCourt 28 days ago
9/10 I keep missing one question
Usually I either get them all right or I just bomb! Congrats for doing so well all the time.