Can you guess the Sixties TV theme song from a single rhyme?

Is this easy peasy or tough stuff?

It takes a trivia whiz

to pass this quiz

about theme song rhymes

from Sixties primetime

These popular TV tunes have been stuck in your head for years. Try to find the melodies and sing along — if you can. We took two rhyming words from catchy theme songs. Guess the show!

1. Sure / Tour
  2. Swollen / Rollin'
  3. Street / Feet
  4. Food / Crude
  5. Museum / See 'em
  6. Girls / Curls
  7. Stay / Hay
  8. Dreamy / Creamy
  9. Got a sliver / Shake and shiver
  10. Like to do / Something new
  11. Child / Idlewild

Can you guess the Sixties TV theme song from a single rhyme?

Save with

TheDavBow3 3 days ago
9 of 11! I never would have guessed Dobie Gillis. I can't believe I missed the Monkees one! They're one of my favorite (manufactured) bands 😉
Dario 6 days ago
10 out of 11. 😁😁😁😁😁
Lacey 9 days ago
10/11 I can't believe I missed #7.
I actually did better on this one than I did on the 70s edition.
BuddyHinton 9 days ago
10/11. But I’m giving myself a correct answer for The Monkees because those specific lyrics are definitely not on the television version. Only on the single. Which I didn’t own. Because I was way too cool for that. 😆
MikefromJersey 14 days ago
10 for 11. Charles Addams was from Westfield, NJ, my hometown and you can see the house that inspired the Addam's Mansion there. Every year they throw an Addams Fest, it grew from a hundred people to tens of thousands. Same thing happened to Andy Griffith's hometown of Mount Airy, now they get people from all over the world visiting.
booster 15 days ago
10/11 #3 fooled me. I started humming the Sesame Street song, and it through off my thinking.
That happened to me once before, but I took a sharp left at the blues note
MadMadMadWorld 16 days ago
#3 and #10. Not bad, since I never grew up on The Flintstones. #11 was my favorite, with the one word: Idlewild (airport name, pre-JFK name in '64) knowing only one theme song in TV history had that word in it: Car 54. One of the craziest theme songs ever, that few people remember, compared to Gilligan's Island or The Brady Bunch. Interesting that the series ended in Apr '63, prior to both JFK's murder and the Oct '64 overthrow of Khrushchev. Can we return to those more innocent and carefree days, instead of the horrors we have to endure today? Even the theme songs were much better then compared to today!
HopeDuchaine 17 days ago
9/11. I hit a couple of bad patches.
Pacificsun 17 days ago
I threw this in just for fun!

Marvelous- thank you!
Catman 17 days ago
Only missed the Monkees one. The rest were part of my life.
MrBill 18 days ago
8/11; fun and challenging quiz - missed 2, 3, and 8.
bnichols23 18 days ago
Seem to remember this one a little from a while back, so tried it again. Blew the Brady Bunch one, since I never watched that & don't remember much from Family Affair. One or two other 70s ones were kind of guesses but I got them right.