Can you guess the genre of forgotten 1970s TV shows?

Western or sci-fi? Cartoon or crime drama?

Some of the most influential shows of all time debuted in the 1970s. The decade is iconic for giving us characters like George Jefferson, Greg Brady, Hawkeye Pierce and all of Charlie's Angels.

But what about all those shows that history tends to forget? The decade debuted many short-lived series; some lasted a couple seasons and others just a few episodes.

Still, with names like Buck Rogers and Hec Ramsey, we think anyone familiar with the era will have a knack for sorting even the most forgotten shows into the correct TV genre.

Or is this quiz perhaps much harder than you might think? Let's find out!
  1. Pick the correct genre for this Seventies show: Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
  2. Pick the correct genre for this Seventies show: Alias Smith and Jones
  3. Pick the correct genre for this Seventies show: B.J. and the Bear
  4. Pick the correct genre for this Seventies show: Barbary Coast
  5. Pick the correct genre for this Seventies show: Harry O
  6. Pick the correct genre for this Seventies show: Big Shamus, Little Shamus
  7. Pick the correct genre for this Seventies show: The Barkleys
  8. Pick the correct genre for this Seventies show: The Dumplings
  9. Pick the correct genre for this Seventies show: The Fantastic Journey
  10. Pick the correct genre for this Seventies show: Hec Ramsey
  11. Pick the correct genre for this Seventies show: Monty Nash
  12. Pick the correct genre for this Seventies show: Dorothy
  13. Pick the correct genre for this Seventies show: Devlin
  14. Pick the correct genre for this Seventies show: Sam
Can you guess the genre of forgotten 1970s TV shows?

Share your results:
Save with

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
DerekHarris 1 day ago
Some of the most irrelevant, obscure shows I've NEVER heard of....
WILD 2 days ago
Sam, Dorothy and The Dumplings were shows that I can't remember ever hearing of before, so I guessed wrong on those, but the rest I got right.
WILD 2 days ago
You got 11 out of 14
Groovy! You hit just about every target we gave you! Devlin was basically Evel Knievel without the license for it to be Evel Knievel. Good show from the early 70s though.
jamesTPotts 3 days ago
I essentially started about a month and a 1/2 agone and i have gotten a couple of test for a whole of $2,200...this is the bestcall I made amidst pretty some time! "grateful to you for giving Maine this incredible possibility to profit from home. This similarly cash has changed my existence in such an excellent measure of courses, to the point that, bypass on you!".......
GOOD LUCK Click this Below connect
HERE☛.........www.marstip.com
ThelmaJCompton 4 days ago

●I'm making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do
↓↓↓↓COPY THIS WEBSITE↓↓↓↓

HERE → → → → W­­­­w­­­­w­­­­.­­­­h­­­­e­­­­l­­­­p­­­­5­­­­4­­­­.­­­­c­­­­o­­­­­­m
superior43 4 days ago
Fantastic Voyage was about a 'medical team' shrunken to enter the human body in a submarine, to perform brain surgery.
CynthiaFinnegan 4 days ago
I'd have to argue with you about Buck Rogers being "inspired" by Star Wars. Anthony "Buck" Rogers debuted in the pages of the August, 1928 issue of Amazing Stories in a novella titled Armageddon 2419.

WILD CynthiaFinnegan 2 days ago
Buck Rogers was created before almost any of us was born. If anything Buck Rogers inspired George Lucas to create Star Wars.
nerakr 5 days ago
8/14. But I would disagree with BJ and the Bear's being a comedy.
JeanInTN nerakr 5 days ago
Me, too; I though it was more of a family-oriented light drama.
Joseph nerakr 4 days ago
Yes, as I stated in another post, if BJ And The Bear can be considered a comedy, then so could Emergency! and Bonanza.
Joseph 5 days ago
10/14. Some of these shows I'd never heard of, some are debatable. BJ And The Bear had a lot of comedic moments, but so did Emergency! And Bonanza. Could they be considered comedies? Also, the Buck Rogers franchise predates Star Wars by several decades, though it's possible that the latter's success inspired TV execs to produce a new Buck Rogers series.
NostalgiaFan 5 days ago
10/14 The 4 I got wrong I had not heard of until now, but then I was just a tyke in the 70s
Lucyneenah19701 5 days ago
6 out of 14. I haven't heard of most of those shows.