Can you count how many letters are in these TV characters' last names?

You might need a pencil and paper to pass this one.

It's a simple question with a deceptively challenging answer. How many letters are in a character's last name?

Here's the rub: We're not going to tell you their last name. You'll have to remember that yourself.

But these are all beloved characters from classic TV. You know their names. Start counting on your fingers!

1. Lucas from The Rifleman has how many letters in his last name?
  2. Alice from The Brady Bunch has how many letters in her last name?
  3. Scotty from Star Trek has how many letters in his last name?
  4. Ginger from Gilligan's Island has how many letters in her last name?
  5. The Fonz from Happy Days has how many letters in his last name?
  6. Squiggy from Laverne & Shirley has how many letters in his last name?
  7. Hamilton from Perry Mason has how many letters in his last name?
  8. Howard from The Andy Griffith Show has how many letters in his last name?
  9. Isaac the Bartender from The Love Boat has how many letters in his last name?
  10. Jennifer from WKRP in Cincinnati has how many letters in her last name?
  11. Festus from Gunsmoke has how many letters in his last name?
  12. Trapper John from M*A*S*H has how many letters in his last name?
  13. Buddy from The Dick Van Dyke Show has how many letters in his last name?
  14. Rev. Jim from Taxi has how many letters in his last name?

Can you count how many letters are in these TV characters' last names?

Filmnoirfan 11 days ago
6/14 - combined my two worst subjects in school - math and spelling. On target for respectable score until missing the last five.
DIGGER1 16 days ago
Can you count how many letters are in these TV characters' last names?
You got 13 out of 14
How did you score?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I missed 'QUESTION #11', because I miscounted and went over by '1' by choosing '7' when I should have picked '6'. On the other hand, I probably would have gotten it wrong anyways if I had picked either '5' or '6', on account of on the 'GUNSMOKE' bio of the 'IMDb' website, where it listed the cast and their character names, it showed "KEN CURTIS"'s character, "FESTUS", as having "two" last names, "Eaton", which has '5' letters in them, and "Haggen", which has '6' letters in them. So I suppose that the odds for anyone who responded to that question would have been '50-50' either way, you think? LOL!
John 17 days ago
9/14. Mostly because I didn't KNOW the last name of at least five of the characters.
FLETCH 18 days ago
after a rough start where i knew none of the answers i bounced back to finish with a respectable 10/14
MatthewBrown 18 days ago
13 out of 14, but I had to look up each one's last name online (I missed the number of letters in "Washington". because I kept having a brain fart and leaving out "h" when I spelled it to myself).
GregLemieux 18 days ago
11/14 - Almost 12. I knew Festus's last name, but didn't realize it had 2 "g"s.
CaptainDunsel 18 days ago
9/14
Pretty poor. (Mostly guessing, because I didn't know the names.)
BTW on #14 the answer is actually 5. His last name is really Cooper.
Ummmm I meant 6. (finger slip)
Moverfan CaptainDunsel 5 days ago
Didn't he change it legally? I remember he picked the name because somebody told him it was "star child" spelled backward...and he bought it.
CaptainDunsel Moverfan 5 days ago
I don't recall if he legally changed it. I do remember the astonished "That's not even close to Star Child!" when someone actually says it backwards to him. And I remember Victor Buono (King Tut from Batman) as his father.
nd1irish 19 days ago
14 out of 14. Guessed on 8 & 10. Got lucky on 11. Thought his last name might be Festus 😂
Runeshaper 19 days ago
7/14, which is good considering I didn’t know many of their last names lol :)
Geronimo 19 days ago
Not bad for someone who never watched some of them shows
10/14
dodgebob Geronimo 19 days ago
Geronimo, Dude, You jumped out of that plane and landed on another plane with 10/14... Nice job!!!!
1CINABLUEMOON 20 days ago
11/14. Oh well, could have done better. I just could not remember some of those names.😊
MrsPhilHarris 20 days ago
12/14. I had no idea Scotty's last name was Scott. I assumed he got the name from the fact he is Scottish and I could not remember Jennifer Marlowe.
madmark1 20 days ago
that was a difficult quiz because do you go by there actor name or their character name?
Bubba77511 madmark1 20 days ago
i wondered the same. i reread the top and then realized it said "these tv characters" last names. lol i dont know how i missed it.
TheDavBow3 20 days ago
10/14. Didn't allow for the 2 "g"s for Festus. Couldn't remember Ginger, Jennifer and Isaac.
Pacificsun 20 days ago
Except for Jennifer Marlow and Hamilton Burger, I didn't know the characters mentioned even had last names!!