Are these scenes from the first or last episode of M*A*S*H?

How well do you know the hilarious beginning and iconic end of this beloved series?

At a glance, the first and last episode of M*A*S*H seem like they could not be more different. One has a rule-breaking raffle party and the other a wedding ceremony. What started as a raunchy comedy with some reminders of its violent setting evolved into a meditation on trauma, friendship and the strength humans can pull from even in the darkest of times.

But these two episodes are still part of the same show, after all, and there are many similarities. How well do you know the raucous pilot and bittersweet finale of M*A*S*H? Match these scenes to the right episode!

Watch M*A*S*H on MeTV!

One Full Hour

Weeknights at 7 PM

1. This shot opens which episode?
  2. Is this Hawkeye at the beginning or the end of the show?
  3. Which episode is this beach scene from?
  4. Hawkeye enjoys this martini in which episode?
  5. Which episode is this scene from?
  6. Is this Major Houlihan in the first or last episode?
  7. Which episode is this O.R. scene from?
  8. Was Sergeant Rizzo in the first or last episode?
  9. Which episode is this scene from?
  10. The latrines were no match for a tank in which episode?
  11. Do you know which episode this scene is from?
  12. What about this scene?
  13. Which episode is this Jeep ride from?
  14. Is this guest star from the first or last episode?
  15. This shot comes at the end of which episode?

Are these scenes from the first or last episode of M*A*S*H?

Charleshorse 21 days ago
I got 13 out of 15. Hair color and style were good clues
Coldnorth 25 days ago
15/15 yipeeeeeeee. MASH one of my favorite binging shows. Can never just watch one
JDnHuntsvilleAL 25 days ago
They are always making a big deal about how the show's finale was the most watched show of all times (or something like that), but there is one statistic I would love to see but have never been able to find -- what was the rating of the FIRST RERUN of the finale? I suspect it was EXTREMELY LOW, because the finale was SUCH A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT.
Agreed. I didn't like the finale. I thought the writing was terrible, just like the last 3,4,5 seasons. The writers turned Margaret into a whiny bit-- and Hawkeye into Saint Hawkeye ( do no wrong , say no wrong) The last straw was when they put a Superman costume on him in the Halloween episode. Give me a break
My recollection is that the rerun from September of 1983 landed in the top 10 shows for that week. (Maybe #3? Or #10?) And the following week, the first episode of "AfterMASH" was actually the most watched program for the whole week. CBS reran the "M*A*S*H" finale a 3rd time about a year later, and that one actually did have a pretty low ranking -- ranking (as best as I can recall) as around something like in the 50s or 60s among the most watched programs for that week.
DrumDaddy78 25 days ago
10-15,dammit!😐I almost always am in front of my 📺 between 7 & 8:00 P.M.,every weekday evening!👍M*A*S*H* is still a part of my life that I am not at all ready to give up,yet!😉I also rarely miss the 12:30 A.M. weeknight episode of The Twilight🌛Zone💫!😀🌲Happy Holidays🎇 to all my fellow MeTV📺 Family!!!😁🎶✌
grandpa5741 26 days ago
12/15 I feel “sick” missing 3 MASH questions. 🤘
DrumDaddy78 grandpa5741 25 days ago
I missed 5...on every miss,I felt silly;I borrowed the complete DVD series from our Seattle ☔Library,and,after watchin'👀all that,I shouldn't miss any questions,right?😉
RosalindLeeWheeler 26 days ago
15/15 I really enjoyed watching M.A.S.H.
RichLorn 26 days ago
13/13
In my world I don't count the wrong answers.
RkBke 27 days ago
14/15....hint, just look at the hair color of the actors....
TSeym22 27 days ago
11/15 Don't remember that beach scene at all!
Zombie 27 days ago
I enjoy these pop up quizzes!!
Lenny121 28 days ago
10/15
DrumDaddy78 Lenny121 25 days ago
😀Same for me!😉We shouldn't have missed any,dammit!😉
rlb2k1jr 28 days ago
For comedy’s sake… 3 out of 15!😂
Q1: “I’m getting my golf in this final episode before I bug outta Korea!” 😂🤣
Q2: Why so serious Hawkeye? It’s only the first episode. 🤣
Q6: “Frank may be gone, but I’m going back to my old ways as Hot Lips Houlihan in this last 2 1/2 hr. episode.” 🤣
Q8: “Sure I’m Sgt. Rizzo!! I ain’t supposed to be in the first episode!” 🤣🥲
Q9: “I was in the final episode as The Invisible Man.” 🤨
Q11: “Dear Dad, I’m changing the plot to the script. I appear much younger now.”🥸🤣
Q12: Who’s that BJ Hunnicutt-lookin’ guy riding a motorcycle in a cut scene of the first episode of MASH?? 🥲
Q13: “Soldier? Just turn this jeep around and drive me to the nearest airport.”🤣😂
First episode clip: HELLO
Bob 28 days ago
15/15. I've watched each episode a million times.
TheFanFromUNCLE 28 days ago
15/15. I've already worn out one set of DVDs.
😀I watched the whole collection,as well!!!👍
JKMallaber 28 days ago
Missed three of them, but I jinxed myself by saying I should ace it! :-)
briannicol 28 days ago
15 for 15. Call it Radar intuition

MichaelSkaggs 29 days ago
Picture 4) When DIDN'T Hawkeye have a martini?