Are these real sketches from The Carol Burnett Show or did we just make them up?

Prove you know the real deal when it comes to the queen of parody.

On The Carol Burnett Show, some of the biggest installments in pop culture got the parody treatment in sketches that cracked us up on the show.

Hit movies, popular novels, soap operas and musicals were all common fodder for Carol and crew's one-of-a-kind hilarity.

Did you laugh at every character The Carol Burnett Show threw at us?

This quiz requires actual knowledge of Carol's singular sense of humor to detect which sketches below are actual ones you watched on the show and which ones are impostor parodies that we simply made up. Good luck!
  1. WENT WITH THE WIND
  2. THE GUIDING PLIGHT
  3. AS THE STOMACH TURNS
  4. MILDRED FIERCE
  5. SECONDS OF OUR LIVES
  6. CITIZEN PLAIN
  7. RANCID HARVEST
  8. THE WIZARD OF FROGS
  9. DISASTER IN THE RAIN
  10. BABES IN BARNS

Share your results:
Save with

Click here to learn about MeTV's new commenting system!
EllisClevenger 3 days ago
You got 5 out of 10
Guess your memory for these sketches went with the wind?
TomTerrrific 5 days ago
8/10, but most where just educated guesses. Not really a fan, especially of Tim Conway; highly overrated in my humble opinion.
Lacey 6 days ago
9/10
Missed #9. I sounded too good to miss.
csaaphill 7 days ago
5/10 some of those just watched recently so I knew they were real.
RichardPniewski 7 days ago
I'm sure there are issues with rights, et. al., but I'd love to see the entire hour-long shows, with the music numbers and all.
daDoctah 7 days ago
As The Stomach Turns was a recurring sketch, was it not? The one where she'd say "I'll get it!" and *then* the doorbell would ring?

What was the sketch based on Cinderella where Tim Conway played Elton John?
csaaphill daDoctah 7 days ago
No Tim Conway played the old man and not Cinderella it is from the soap as the world turns but yes I think about the doorbell.
Lucyneenah19701 8 days ago
5 out of 10. I haven't seen The Carol Burnett Show in years.
leebillyold 9 days ago
Where are the easy questions & answers quiz?
rycki1138 11 days ago
10 out of 10
Who's the biggest Carol Burnett fan there is. That's right, you are and Carol sees you.
cperrynaples 11 days ago
9/10 and if you want to split hairs Carol DIDN'T write any of these sketchs, it was a staff than understood her style! I have her book about the show and they're lots of stories to tell!
I'm glad that you didn't write them because you have three grammatical mistakes; 'sketchs' instead of 'sketches', 'than' instead of 'that' and 'they're' instead of 'there are'.
Why are there one in every crowd? What's it matter it's the internet people use lol lmfao rofl bbl ttyl or ttl which isn't very grammatical, to begin with so why does it matter?
MrsPhilHarris 12 days ago
9/10 I do not remember Mildred Fierce.
9/10. I do, but I don't remember Babes in Barns.
Babes in Barns is a spoof of the Judy Garland Mickey Rooney movie Babes In Arms. {Are you familiar with this title?} In the spoof, Carol Burnett and Ken Berry play JG/MR's parts. The movie was about JG/MR's characters who are the kids of vaudevillians, trying to revitalize vaudeville.
Mildred Fierce was a spoof on the 1945 Joan Crawford movie Mildred Pierce.
Yep, Carol had 2 favorites: old movies and soap operas! As The Stomach Turns was her only soap sketch [eliminating 2 and 5] and wasn't Babes the sketch with the cow "accident"?
teire 12 days ago
10/10. I’m so glad.
{To continue:} ..."we had this time together. Just to have a laugh or sing a song. Seems we just get started and before you know it...comes the time we have to say 'So long.'"