30 people we wish we could see on 'The Love Boat'
'The Love Boat' would have been even more amazing with Lancelot Link, Sam the Butcher and Wonder Woman.
Read to Me
Over the course of nine seasons, The Love Boat welcomed a diverse array of guest stars. Everyone wanted a chance to be on the show and find love, from screen legends like Olivia de Havilland and Ethel Merman to entertainers like Donny Osmond and the Harlem Globetrotters.
Despite racking up an impressive cast of guest stars, The Love Boat couldn't book everyone. That's where "Love Boat Insanity" comes into play. The Tumblr page imagines what could have been by creating clever and fictitious title cards from the show's famous opening credits.
The celebrities featured on the website are obscure, random and completely hilarious. We must say, we wish we could have seen these passengers on the Pacific Princess. Do you have any requests?
1. The Banana Splits
3. The Bay City Rollers
4. Cattanooga Cats
5. Clark Kent (a.k.a. Superman)
6. Diana Prince
7. Doug Simpson (Big Man on Campus) from The Brady Bunch
8. Fluffy from The Brady Bunch
9. Freddy the Flute from H.R. Pufnstuf
10. Hazel Frederick from the opening credits of The Mary Tyler Moore Show
11. Cpl. Peter Newkirk from Hogan's Heroes
12. Lancelot Link
13. Laverne & Shirley
14. Athena the Green Lady from Lost in Space
15. Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island
16. (and the rest)
17. Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman
18. Maude Findlay
19. Maynard G. Krebs from The Many Loves of Dobie Gills
20. Mr. Hooper from Sesame Street (R.I.P.)
21. Peter's volcano from The Brady Bunch
22. Betty Jo, Bobbie Jo and Billie Jo Bradly from Petticoat Junction
23. Pink Lady and Jeff
24. Roseanne Roseannadanna
25. Rosey Greer and his needlepoint
26. Sam the Butcher from The Brady Bunch
27. Sea Monkeys
28. Sophia Petrillo from The Golden Girls
30. Wonder Woman
There's a lot more where this came from! Visit "Love Boat Insanity" for more.