Sorry, Millennials, only Boomers will be able to recognize these 11 objects

What the heck is that gizmo?

Gadgets and whatnot all kind of look the same today -- flat, sleek, shiny. Back in the day, there were a lot more knobs and chrome.

Below you will find 11 everyday objects from the 20th century. Well, close-up fragments of them.

But we think a Boomer will recognize the whole thing from just a part. You probably have to be Gen-X or older to recognize them all!

Try to guess all 11!

1. What would you do with this object?
  2. Where would you find this object?
  3. What would this black ribbon help you do?
  4. Where would you put these cubes?
    Image: Etsy
  5. What would removing these black plastic tabs do?
  6. What would you clean with this?
  7. Would would you most likely listen to with this?
  8. Where would you find this tennis player?
  9. Where would you find this?
  10. Where would you find this shiny object?
  11. Finally, where would you find all these knobs?

Sorry, Millennials, only Boomers will be able to recognize these 11 objects

erilaz 6 months ago
I got 10 out of 11, even though I'm early Gen-X (1966) rather than a boomer. The one that zapped me was the car cigarette lighter, since neither I nor my parents ever smoked, so it didn't register in my brain as something you'd find in a car. I do remember the cigarette lighter scene in Heathers very well, though!
Sarasdad91 7 months ago
This is fun. Born a year before 1963, this TV is definitely for ME...
Charles 15 months ago
You got 11 out of 11
You are either a Boomer... or a fan of antiques! Nice work!
Ehsauve 15 months ago
10/11, got nailed by the PeeChee folder
thereal_MarcD Ehsauve 10 months ago
me too! 10/11 and i missed that one, too!
DavidBarker 15 months ago
You got 11 out of 11
You are either a Boomer... or a fan of antiques! Nice work!
Dasnake 15 months ago
First look at #9 made me think of carburetor choke spring, then looking closer saw the ash residue.
Dasnake 15 months ago
Missed the school folder, I too thought of wheaties.
msglenn Dasnake 14 months ago
me too
Paul 15 months ago
"7. Would would you most likely listen to with this?" Would would? Really?
Tlor 15 months ago
I found the folders still exist, first made in 1943 in Kalamazoo Michigan, the drawings of teens doing various sports tennis, football, track in the front, baseball basketball, skiing in the back, inside they had the multiplication times tables and various other conversion tables for math. Still found in packs at the local Walmarts, Target, Amazon, etc.
jholton30062 15 months ago
10/11, and what the hell is a Pee Chee folder??
Tlor jholton30062 15 months ago
A PeeChee folder was a pocket folder, orange in color, you divided your school subjects to keep them organized. Usually, left side for home assignments, or partial assignments done. The right for the finished product. So you labeled the front math, reading, spelling, geography, science, etc, Pulled that folder out when your teacher asked you to turn in your assignment. It was called organization.
Tlor Tlor 15 months ago
they did come in other colors aside from orange, including, blue, green and red
jholton30062 Tlor 15 months ago
The nuns used to give us folders at the beginning of the year when I was in grade school, which worked the same way, so I didn't have to buy any then. When I did buy them, I generally opted for the cheapest ones they had at the drug store. Was there anything special about the Pee Chee folders (e.g. extra durable)?
Tlor jholton30062 15 months ago
we never got freebies, maybe pencils sometimes. I just think they liked the simplicity of the folder, all you had to do was mark your subject up front, no leafing through multiple pockets?
Abbadon517 15 months ago
Accidently hit something when my kitty jumped on my lap... so missed 8 instead of 7....knew answer but to late .
DavidDemarke 15 months ago
Gen X (barely, 1981), got 10/11, didn’t take a close enough look at the record cleaner and thought it was a shoe buffer and some liquid polish.