Pick: What would you watch on TV in 1960?

Will you spend the evening in Bedrock or the Twilight Zone?

Do you remember the time before remote controls? There was no such thing as channel surfing. Sure, you could get up off the lounger, walk to the television set, and turn the knob… but it was it easier to just pick and channel and stick with it for the night.

With that in mind, we're taking you back to a time when (most) people did not have remote controls. The year is 1960. The TV schedule is filled with brilliant classics.

Pick one network, kick up your feet, and stick with it for the entire night. See how your tastes compare!
  1. Pick a channel to watch on Monday night.
  2. Pick a channel to watch on Monday night.
  3. Pick a channel to watch on Tuesday night.
  4. Pick a channel to watch on Wednesday night.
  5. Pick a channel to watch on Thursday night.
  6. Pick a channel to watch on Friday night.
  7. Pick a channel to watch on Saturday morning.
  8. Pick a channel to watch on Saturday night.

Pick: What would you watch on TV in 1960?

Save with

EricFuller 4 months ago
What if you split your viewing choices?
StephenJ 8 months ago
I purchased the complete box set of the Untouchables a couple of years ago and it proclaims they were on CBS.
EricFuller StephenJ 4 months ago
Though the show aired originally on ABC, "The Untouchables" is distributed by CBS through Paramount which is a division of CBS.
ndebrabant 8 months ago

57% similar
57% similar to the most popular responses
DIGGER1 12 months ago
PICK: WHAT WOULD YOU WATCH ON TV IN 1960?
73% similar
73% similar to the most popular responses
jackson 14 months ago
We only had 2 channels, ABC and NBC, but one of them did get a few ABC shows that they showed on weekends. We didn't watch one channel all night, because I remember watching varying shows on the two channels in the same night. TV was wonderful back in the late 1950's and early 1960's. We were blessed and took it for granted. Glad METV has chosen to telecast some of the great old programs.
Jcl 14 months ago
I really love your programming and I would love to request One Step Beyond to be on your lineup. I remember watching that show with my parents many years ago, thank you for your time
scp 14 months ago
Let's be honest; on at least some nights I suspect people would have changed the channels before the end of the night.
scp 14 months ago
I remember watching To Tell the Truth and Lawrence Welk as a little kid back in the 1970's. And I still occasionally watch a bit of Welk in reruns on PBS.
CatMomWanda scp 14 months ago
When we would go to visit my grandmother, she would always watch Lawrence Welk. She didn't watch that much TV, but whoever was there would be in the living room watching it. I would get bored and go outside.
flasteve 14 months ago
91% Many of these lasted into the mid-late 60's before they were gone (or longer, Gunsmoke used to have the longest running award), which is why I remember many of them. I remember how boring I thought Perry Mason was, as I was in bed as a kid, hearing the TV from the living room, where my mom and dad watched it. Ironic, now at age 61, I really like it. (and to a lesser degree Ironside too). I love it when Perry sticks it in Traggs face every time, and Burger too !!!!
CatMomWanda flasteve 14 months ago
I still get bored with Perry Mason. I guess I've just seen enough of it. Sometimes after a break I go back to a show. I do enjoy Ironside some.
jackson CatMomWanda 14 months ago
Hang in there. When you get older you won't remember who did it, and the show will be interesting again!
Lacey 14 months ago
First, why are there TWO "Monday Nights" ?
Second, NOBODY wants to watch "NBC: Dan Raven / The Westerner / The Bell Telephone Hour" on Friday night ?
pony Lacey 14 months ago
That lineup is STILL at "zero!" Has this ever happened before?
Jeffrey Lacey 14 months ago
I think the first question is supposed to be for Sunday night, but MeTv goofed.
scp Lacey 14 months ago
The first one was supposed to be Sunday; whatever network it was on, Walt Disney was always on on Sundays.
CatMomWanda Lacey 14 months ago
Even then they knew people were out doing stuff on Friday night. They didn't want to "waste" their good shows.
Lillyrose 14 months ago
48% similar. I love Leave it to Beaver and The Lawrence Welk Show!
Sheri 14 months ago
82% similar I picked ABC on Saturday Night and Friday Night. I love Leave It To Beaver and The Lawrence Welk Show BTW.

Brian 14 months ago
Wow, the results were quite different from what shows were actually quite poopular (sic) back then. The Ed Sullivan Show was so popular on Sunday evenings that a condition was named for the show (as far as I know this is true). The "Ed Sullivan Show Syndrome" was applied to people who became depressed while the show was airing because that meant they had to go back to work or school the next day. Also, I believe that the original prime-time airing of the Flintstones back in the early 60s was hugely popular, which is a bit inconsistent with the results herein.
Jill 14 months ago
I was three so had no control of the knob back then! Plus, how many of us would have been awake past the first show? 😉 I think we're projecting what we would like to watch now, not what we actually watched back then! I got 70%. Some of these shows I don't even recall!
jackson Jill 14 months ago
Actually, I tried to pick the shows I actually remember watching. We changed the channel so that made it impossible to get all of the ones we watched.
jynxzox 14 months ago
Star Trek was the right answer .... with they never removed it
Apophis 14 months ago
Even though I wasn't born yet I picked the shows I would watch and got 70% similar.