Is this an actual quote from a famous actor or someone doing an impression on Saturday Night Live?

Can you pick out the real deal?

Image credit: The Everett Collection

Saturday Night Live has been around for decades, which means there's no shortage of great impressions of our favorite stars throughout the decades. In this quiz, we're including certain quotes, and it's your job to decide if it's being said by the actual famous celebrity listed, or an SNL actor doing an impression of them!

1. [On the colorization of black and white movies] "The cinematographers on these pictures, they're artists. And their work is being sabotaged by a bunch of high-tech bushwackers, if you ask my opinion on this whole thing here."
  2. "Nobody had any idea what Barnaby [Jones] should be. Quinn Martin [Barnaby Jone's producer] said something about a 'foxy grandpa.'"
  3. "Most people that write to me don't express an opinion. They just want an autographed picture."
  4. "Oh, I'll play your game, you rogue."
  5. [On her comedy special] "I hope you all enjoyed it. It was on...tomorrow night."
  6. "I just remembered who Andre the Giant was. He was a Giant and he went by the name of Andre."
  7. "When I was 14, I got a slide trombone from the catalog and had no idea what to do with it."
  8. "It is not literally true that television viewers will see twice as much Alfred Hitchcock as before. My diet forbids such a ghastly eventuality."
  9. "That is funny stuff. I'm sorry, but let's see our friend Jay Leno come up with that kind of stuff."
  10. "You may now return to the drudgery that is your pitiful existence. But wait, you forgot something...your soul!"

scaryeric 1 month ago
If it was about Star Trek I’d get 100%
cperrynaples scaryeric 1 month ago
Actually, they did do Star Trek! Belushi was Kirk and Chevy was Spock! They tore down the set after it was canceled! Major blooper: Garrett Morris suggested selling the props to Lost In Space, but LIS went off a year before ST:TOS!
LisaS 1 month ago
Missed one! Not bad for a true blue snl watcher. I missed the Jimmy Stewart quote.
frances3agape 1 month ago
WOW - Aced it !
Several lucky guesses tho
Lillyrose 1 month ago
5 out of 10. All guesses. I only saw Saturday Night Live once , in the early 80's. I didn't like it at all.
cperrynaples Lillyrose 1 month ago
Was it the sixth season?That was the low point! Only Eddie Murphy saved the show!
Lillyrose cperrynaples 1 month ago
I think it was in 1981 or 1982. Olivia Newton John was on the Saturday Night Live episode that I saw.
cperrynaples 1 month ago
Did you notice Phil Hartman's hands as Bill Clinton? Clearly he was doing what Robin Williams called "adjusting the Volume"...LOL! Not acceptable today!
PDCougar 1 month ago
Basically, the way to do this quiz is: "Which celebrities were probably not the type to ever be impersonated on Saturday Night Live?" (I mean, why would SNL have ever done an impersonation of Buddy Ebsen?)
cperrynaples PDCougar 1 month ago
Well they could have a BH sketch! In fact, when Ricky Nelson was host, they jammed about a half dozen parodies into one!
daDoctah PDCougar 1 month ago
I wouldn't have put it past them to do a Jimmy Carter and family sketch back in the early days, recasting them all as Beverly Hillbillies characters.
cperrynaples daDoctah 1 month ago
Well, I remember the Bel Arabs with Jane Curtin as Miss Hathaway...LOL!
Wendy57 1 month ago
9/10
Fun quiz ! Very interesting.
SparkleMotion 1 month ago
6/10 and the only one that I got right that wasn't an educated guess was Norm as Burt Reynolds. His impression of Burt Reynolds is gold and I remember #6 on Celebrity Jeopardy with Will Ferrell as Alex Trebek. Hilarious!!!
daDoctah SparkleMotion 1 month ago
I remember when the got Burt Reynolds to play a local businessman, nicknamed "Chubby", on "My Name Is Earl". Later on, after Burt had passed away, they wanted to do another episode with the character but of course with him unavailable they made the follow-up feature "Chubby Jr", who was played by Norm MacDonald.
cperrynaples daDoctah 1 month ago
No Burt was still alive, he just chose not to return!
SparkleMotion daDoctah 1 month ago
That is an awesome episode of "My Name is Earl"! Everything Norm did (imo) is gold and Chubby Jr. is definitely gold.
daDoctah SparkleMotion 1 month ago
I'm not *quite* that keen on Norm's work, but I did like the off-camera stuff he did for Seth McFarlane, from playing "Death" on "Family Guy", and "Yaphet" on "The Orville".
SparkleMotion daDoctah 1 month ago
Yeah...I know Norm's kind of too much for some folks and as a big fan of his podcast, I can see why....but there are some amazing comedy moments on his podcast episodes. ... I'm a Family Guy fan and that was so awesome when Norm voiced Death.
cperrynaples daDoctah 1 month ago
Yaphet was a blob! He was also a talking pidegon on Mike Tyson Mysteries! He was turned into a bird by a witch but still had human urges if you get my drift...LOL!
Fred_Clampett 1 month ago
5 of 10. Definitely one of the more difficult quizzes. To be fair however, these performers study who they're imitating thoroughly. They do say what the person would probably say.
daDoctah 1 month ago
9/10, missed the last one. In my defense, I haven't watched SNL since Dennis Miller was doing Weekend Update.
cperrynaples daDoctah 1 month ago
Dennis Miller is a troll now! He just did a comedy special for Fox Nation, the only place where Roseanne Barr can perform!
daDoctah cperrynaples 1 month ago
Yeah, he kind of went over to the dark side, just like Ray Stevens did. They're both dead to me now.
Peter_Falk_Fan 1 month ago
8/10 I always liked SNL's skits of "Jeopardy!" with Darrell Hammond as Sean Connery. Alex Trebek liked them too.
And of course he was played by Will Ferrill!
Yeah, Alex showed up on Will's final SNL show.