How well do you know the very first episode of Adam-12?

Officer Reed’s first day was supposed to be Officer Malloy’s last.

The police procedural Adam-12 showed all aspects of patrolling the streets of Los Angeles. There were silly scenes, exciting, action-packed sequences and dramatic emotional moments. In fact, the series’ pilot episode set the pace for the show perfectly— it has all three! Plus, Malloy’s impending resignation, and the fact that he stays on the force to help Reed, sets up the perfect partnership.

How well do you know episode one of Adam-12? See if you can get each of these 12 questions right!

Watch Adam-12 on MeTV!

One Full Hour

Weekdays at 5 PM

1. Which prolific TV producer directed the Adam-12 pilot?
  2. Officer Jim Reed’s age is revealed in the very first scene. How old is he?
  3. What does Reed offer to do that Malloy denies?
  4. This woman causes a scene after thinking what?
  5. What previous sitcom was this actress on?
  6. What words do Reed and Malloy use for the letters on this suspect’s license plate?
  7. What happens next during this car chase scene?
  8. Reed and Malloy request a “Code 7” meaning what?
  9. Malloy reveals what tragic reason he wants to quit the force?
  10. Malloy and Reed are called to a house for what emergency?
  11. The episode ends with Reed and Malloy facing off against what threat in the park?
  12. Reed saves the day after doing what?

How well do you know the very first episode of Adam-12?

michelleruybal 19 days ago
The episode was great. But during the scene with the suffocated baby Malloy didn’t try to rouse the baby, didn’t look for breathing or check for a pulse. He just started rescue breathing.
michelleruybal 19 days ago
I love this show! I only got one wrong because I have no idea what other show that actress was on before.
peahyams37 1 month ago
I think the car falling into the drainage ditch was a Buick LeSabre. I have also seen it called an Invicta. Made me cringe to see it go up in flames
and smoke.
cheduff 1 month ago
To MikefromJersey
The river beds are concrete because they are overflow diversions for the water to stay off highways and roads when there is heavy rain. Drainage ditches.
Mitchell 1 month ago
I took a closer look at the GIF of the car skidding into the water, and a couple of interesting things:
1) It seems very similar to a 1960 Plymouth being restored on the "Cold War Motors" YT channel.
2) You can tell all the glass has been removed (for safety/ease of cleanup, one assumes)...
Dario 1 month ago
10 out of 12. 😁😁😁😁😁
Craigg 2 months ago
You got 12 out of 12
Did you stay on course or lose the road for this quiz?
MichaelGreene 3 months ago
You left off two folks as guest stars, both long-time character actors Nehemiah Persoff and Peter Brocco. The former played the businessman suspected of wanting to put a hit on a person, and Brocco played a priest
BTW, that was from the 3/13/2021 second episode of Adam-12, so there is no further confusion.
h20sgirl 3 months ago
Watched it with my pops as a little kid. Love watching it religiously now on tv @5pm
Muleskinner 5 months ago
9/12. I haven’t seen it for quite awhile.
Mukusthebadd1 5 months ago
So, that car sliding into the ditch thingy they show on here? I wander if they had to do it again because the car got stuck?
MikeCole 5 months ago
11 out of 12 not bad knew answer hit it wrong LOL!!
JewelsChuck 5 months ago
Funny thing is that usually when they were about to do a “Code 7” they would get a call and you know the rest...
Peter_Falk_Fan 5 months ago
Loved this show as a kid. I actually met and got a photo with Kent McCord a couple of years ago at a Con In Biloxi, MS. A super nice guy.
GRANDIVA77 Peter_Falk_Fan 5 months ago
Awesome. Hope to meet him one day
JDnHuntsvilleAL 5 months ago
#8 - In aviation that would be LIMA, QUEBEC, OSCAR.
Cowgirl JDnHuntsvilleAL 5 months ago
I think the phoenetic alphabet changed over the years.
MikefromJersey 5 months ago
12 for 12. NBC did massive promotion for this series through out the summer of 1968. My older
brothers and I would talk excitedly about the car chases, the promos kept repeating the scene
in the LA River with the bad guys car sliding in(photo in #7 above). I remember this because I
didn't believe my father that in CF there were rivers covered in concrete and that apparently
didn't have more than 2 gallons in them. Till I saw for myself when Adam-12 premiered,
though I still thought it odd they paved river beds. Maybe I am showing my ignorance,
but can somebody tell me why the riverbeds are concrete? I guess that after 50 years
my learning curve could use a boost.
It's so tge giant ants will have a secure place to build their nests when they fly in from New Mexico.
No - the real reason is to withstand the occasional huge storm runoff from all over the city.
First off, I love your name. Second, your reference to THEM is very funny, so I am shipping
you a case of Raid to battle those ants, led by their Queen, Ant Bee Taylor. Third, thank you
for the info on the LA river. You are the acme, daddy-o, as Kookie(77 Sunset Strip) would
say.
Sorry I can't lend you a comb, but at my age those are a distant and fading memory.
But you reminded me of why I don't get blitzed anymore. The last time I did I ended up standing in the back yard at midnight trying to bring down a helicopter with a can of Raid.