How popular are your opinions about Sheriff Andy Taylor?

Who should Andy have married? And should he have told Aunt Bee the truth about her pickles?

Andy Taylor sure (or as he would say s-u-u-u-u-u-ure) is a likable fellow and fantastic father. The Andy Griffith Show proved that time and time again.

But nobody is perfect. There are times you perhaps questioned the Sheriff's decision making. You might even think he married the wrong woman.

That made us wonder. We'd like to see your opinions on some of Andy's actions. Answer the questions below — and see how your take compares to other fans.

Watch The Andy Griffith Show on MeTV!

Weeknights at 8 PM & 8:30 PM

1. Who should Andy have married? Pick one of his love interests.
  2. After he married, should Andy have kept Aunt Bee as his housekeeper?
  3. Should Andy have kept more mementos and pictures of his first wife and Opie's "Maw" around the house?
  4. Who should Andy have hired as his permanent replacement for Deputy Barney Fife?
  5. Should Andy have let Opie hang around the jail so much? ("Bringing Up Opie")
  6. Should Andy have told Opie that getting punched in the face does not hurt? ("Opie and the Bully")
  7. Should Andy have lied to Aunt Bee about liking her pickles and marmalade? ("The Pickle Story")
  8. Should Andy have done more to help Otis Campbell?
  9. Should Andy have taken a high-paying job from his connect Ed Crumpacker and moved to St. Paul, Minnesota, effectively ending the series after five seasons? ("Barney Runs for Sheriff")

How popular are your opinions about Sheriff Andy Taylor?

PINKYLEE 14 days ago
I remember "Ellie" when she was on "Father Knows Best" as a teenager.

Andy should have married her - smart AND pretty.
MikeyMello 20 days ago
I thought Andy should have married Miss Peggy. I can still hear Floyd saying...”Mr and Mrs Andy Taylor”. Best show ever...love em all.
danieldolgin 23 days ago
I liked Ellie better too! Helen was Opie's teacher. I only agreed with about 60% on the survey and I have seen almost all the black and white episodes. I would like to see more of the color episodes shown the other 11 months of the year.
BillyVanek2 24 days ago
I liked Ellie! Really pretty women!
GeoRubik 27 days ago
I hated Helen Crump.
HannahViolin GeoRubik 20 days ago
Why? What’s wrong with her?
dethLSMO89 28 days ago
65% similar. Hardly ever watched the show.
Hollie dethLSMO89 11 days ago
that's to bad ..its only a classic
mickiecgaffke 30 days ago
I love this show! It always makes me happy watching it, no matter how many times I watch the same episodes. Thank you Andy, Barney, Opie, Aunt Bee, and every other cast member! xxoxoxo
RicardoShillyShally 30 days ago
I can't believe all the votes that Helen Crump got. I just never cared for her. Maybe it was that unattractive hairstyle. I liked her with Steve McQueen in "The Blob", though. Now Thelma Lou was a cute girl. Leave it to Barney.
James 30 days ago
(Question #3 - Should Andy have kept MORE mementos and pictures of his first wife and Opie's "Maw" around the house?) What do they mean by MORE? All of reruns and as many times that I have seen each and every one of them, I have never seen one memento or picture of Opie's mother/Andy's first wife. They never have even spoken her name, nor even how she died. Nor did they every visited her grave. The only thing we know is Opie had a mother and she died (Period).
Maybe they divorced. She got bored with small town life and escaped to New York, leaving Andy and Opie in the dust. That would explain the lack of pictures.
The description of the show calls Andy a Widower.
Samuel 30 days ago
I think Andy Griffith himself said something like the show effectively ended when Don Knotts left, that the show was never the same withput Barney Fife. I totally agree.
John 30 days ago
Andy should have married Daphne , one of the fun girls
SenaNelsonDixon 1 month ago
I have watched these reruns almost everyday since they started, I am now 71 yrs old, that's alot of years and I still enjoy it.
tadlem 1 month ago
I liked Peggy or Karen. Peggy was a nurse, good with Opie, a good cook, but he and Karen had a lot in common. Ellie was ok, but not a 'country' gal. I didn't care much for Helen. She was good as a teacher, but not for him to marry. IMO
RicardoShillyShally 1 month ago
Mary Simpson was also played by Sue Ann Langdon. Personally, I liked Julie Adams better.
RicardoShillyShally 1 month ago
Julie Adams played Mary Simpson, the county nurse. She was in "The Creature From the Black Lagoon". Her white swimsuit made her a fanboy favorite.