Can you match these interview quotes to the correct Star Trek actor?

Who loved painting houses? Who loves sad love songs? Take a guess and find out!

Star Trek turned its cast of actors into pop culture icons. Most of the Enterprise crew had been seen here and there on television prior to the 1966 premiere, but Star Trek launched them into a new galaxy of fame. They got piles of fan mail. Trekkers lined up at conventions to see them in person.

And the media interviewed them.

We read through newspaper profiles of the Star Trek cast from when the show was originally on the air — between 1966 and 1969. Here are some interesting interview quotes. Try to match them to the correct actor!

Watch Star Trek on MeTV!

Saturdays at 10 PM

1. When asked about their haircut: "My father is an old-fashioned barber. When he cuts your hair, you know you've had a haircut. When I go home on a visit now, with this haircut I've got for the show, I can't let him touch my hair. He's very disappointed."
  2. On growing up in a diverse neighborhood: "My mother learned to cook tacos, chicken soup and Jewish dishes while she taught others how to make sukiyaki."
  3. On his love of house painting: "I really enjoy house painting, especially the trim work. People think I'm crazy, but it's more fun than using the roller on the walls."
  4. On his role: "The role of a leading man and hero is limiting on a week to week basis, but I do have some fun with the part."
  5. On his background: "No, I wasn't born in Germany. I was born in Chicago. My parents came from Russia."
  6. On making public appearances: "I turned down $50,000 last year, because I won't make personal appearances in makeup, except my hair, which I don't mind."
  7. Oh his hobbies: "I engage in sports and read and carry on like that."
  8. On their singing career: "Sinatra is not worried, but I have a good musical ear and a style. Can Ray Charles sing? It's my hobby, I enjoy it and it's very lucrative."
  9. On contributing four episode ideas to Star Trek: "I was turned down — nicely and completely. But I think one idea was stolen."
  10. On why he lives in a modest two-bedroom house: "On his small two-bedroom house: "Small birds need small nests."
  11. On show business: "It's a hard-nosed business. Nice guys don't mean a thing."
  12. On Star Trek writers: "Writers of Star Trek are a literate, intelligent staff who have something to say about today's world."
  13. Oh his Star Trek start: "You know, I was turned down for a role on Star Trek originally. So I went into another show which didn't sell. Then I got a role on Star Trek, but I was signed for just seven of the first 13 shows."
  14. On their stage name: "I won't tell you my real name but at 14 I went to my mother and said I wanted to be a star but not with this name. I asked her to re-name me."
  15. On love songs: "All my favorite love songs are sad, but they have a kind of recovery. You never drown in them."

Can you match these interview quotes to the correct Star Trek actor?

texasluva 3 hours ago
No wonder that MrsPhilHarris got this movie right. They are hot
on the movie trail, you betcha! Thanks to MPH we are all enjoying this blockbuster.

Fargo (1996) 1 hr 38 min -Crime, Drama, Thriller
Director: Joel Coen-Ethan Coen
Cast:
William H. Macy
Frances McDormand
Steve Buscemi
Peter Stormare
Harve Presnell
Load previous comments
texasluva texasluva 2 hours ago
I will check my questions while I send out the movie address. I'll be here for a bit
Pacificsun texasluva 2 hours ago
How come her comments aren't showing up.
texasluva Pacificsun 2 hours ago
Actually I do not know. I can see them though things are acting a bit strange on MeTV lately. If I go past 20 postings now (of ones posts) it will not go to the thread but only to the story or quiz and I had to go down the list to find my movie posters so I could give them the movie. Just a little more work. I have her post on my tread. Maybe its Gremlins or spooky entanglements
texasluva Pacificsun 2 hours ago
I know why now. Below at the end of my movie quiz and the reply's if there are lots of posts it will say load previous comments. If you don't click it the load recent comments will not show. I don't why I did not think of that before. You will see it in blue letters.
texasluva 3 hours ago
Friday Night Movie Quiz

This is one of the better movies of the late 20th Century. It's supposed to be a true story. You betcha. There a clear meaning to this story that turns south very fast. That happens when you deal with some low-life characters. You need a few bucks because you had a bad business deal and you need a big payday. You hire dumb and dumber and it heads straight for the dumpster Jumping Jack Flash and I don't mean Whoopi Goldberg either. Law enforcement gets hot on the trail only to find a couple of stiffs along the way. Fake ransom goes bad and you have another. Not a pretty sight. Fear not our heroine slowly but surely follows the bunglers stupidity. Video quality tops.

Music and show as it was back when,
1950's-1990

Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock Around The Clock (1955).

Buddy Holly - Everyday.

The Kinks-Tired Of Waiting.

A Hard Day's Night (1964) Trailer #1.

AC/DC - Thunderstruck.

Van Halen - Jump.

Bonus movie which was going to be quiz until it got changed. You can follow the clues which I had before it was changed.

If your looking for a little excitement, crime and fun this is it. Action, Comedy, Crime and Thriller is our genre tonight. Starts out with some awesome mountainous scenes, music and a fast auto speeding through the winding and curving roads. There is a plot to all of this. There are things to gather and take hold of. It will be criminal, dangerous and comical along the way. You have some great known actors in our movie. One was born in the 1800's and passed long ago. Main actor still acts today as he did back then. While another is more known for his on-stage work and more known for writing, directing, producing then acting. Put it all together and it's a good cinema.
The Italian Job (1969) 1 hr 39 min Action Comedy, Crime
Director: Peter Collinson
Cast:
Michael Caine
Noël Coward
Benny Hill

Extra Bonus. I know its Svengoolie's job to put these Horror B's on but why not right here for you to enjoy anytime you wish.

She Devil (1957) 1 hr 17 min -Crime, Horror, Sci-Fi-B/W HD
Director: Kurt Neumann
Cast:
Mari Blanchard
Jack Kelly
John Archer

Load previous comments
texasluva MrsPhilHarris 2 hours ago
When you least except That's when I pull the rug out from underneath ya
texasluva Moody 2 hours ago
And I thought it was going to be a bad night. Movie gets guessed in 9 minutes. Then I look up and saw this Oakland 5 and Yankees 3
MrsPhilHarris texasluva 2 hours ago
The Italian Job is a good movie. 🚘 Michael Caine is great. Btw great music choices as always but extra good tonight.
MrsPhilHarris texasluva 2 hours ago
I had no clue and thought I would wait for some else to think of something. When re-read the clue, It hit me.

Pacificsun 24 hours ago
Interesting quiz. I had never heard most of those quotes!
JERRY6 3 days ago
9 of 15 slashed right through it
DerekBird 3 days ago
You got 13 out of 15
Did you slash right through that like an expert — or did you come out a little injured?

Got the last two wrong.
Runeshaper 4 days ago
9/15 - Live Long and Prosper (-:
CaptainDunsel 4 days ago
10/15
A few obvious ones and a whole bunch of "Well, it *might* be [blank]"
Bro69 5 days ago
I love the time travel episodes of Star Trek. Like Bones prevents a prominent woman from being killed in 1930’s and Uss Enteprise timewarpes to the 1960’s
MDSanders1977 5 days ago
7/15.. I wouldn't call it a real Star Trek quiz since the questions were not about the show, but the actor's personal lives. Still fun and learned a few new things. 😉
Jimo 5 days ago
Wow!6 out of 15 I'm in a galaxy far far away........
osimj 6 days ago
8 out of 15 not bad for guessing at most of them, a couple were obvious by the wording of the question
LynCarceo 6 days ago
I had no idea, so I guessed. 8/15.
TVFF 6 days ago
I got 5 of 15. Most of them I just guessed and guessed wrong.
JamesMarrero 6 days ago
when i am in my bedroom i always watch metv on my tvset.
JeffPaul76 6 days ago
''You 10 out of 15'' ------------Did you slash through right that like an expert--or did you come out a little injured? I got 5, 6, 8, 10, and 15 wrong.
Jamesatkinson 6 days ago