Can you guess the oldest child in these classic TV families?

Marcia or Greg? Adam or Hoss? John-Boy or Mary Ellen? Try to get all 14!

A big family under one roof makes for big drama and big laughs. No wonder family television shows like to have a handful of young characters.

Below, you will find some memorable TV clans from the 1950s, 1960s, 1970s and 1980s. They had multiple children. See if you can remember which kid is the oldest.

Do you have a favorite classic TV family? Cast your vote in Me Madness: Favorite MeTV Family through March 29!

Watch The Brady Bunch on MeTV!

Special Theme Weeks

Sundays at 12 PM

1. Who is the oldest child in The Brady Bunch?
  2. Who is the oldest Cartwright child on Bonanza?
    Image: The Everett Collection
  3. Who is the oldest Robinson child on Lost in Space?
  4. Who is the oldest Cunningham child on Happy Days?
    Image: The Everett Collection
  5. Who is the oldest child on The Waltons?
    Image: The Everett Collection
  6. Who is the oldest Keaton child on Family Ties?
    Image: CBS Television Distribution
  7. Who is the oldest child in The Partridge Family?
    Image: Bell Records
  8. Who is the oldest child on My Three Sons?
    Image: The Everett Collection
  9. Who is the oldest child on Diff'rent Strokes?
    Image: The Everett Collection
  10. Who is the oldest Anderson child on Father Knows Best?
    Image: The Everett Collection
  11. Who is the Danny Tanner's oldest child on Full House?
    Image: Warner Bros. Television
  12. Who is the oldest child on Family Affair?
    Image: The Everett Collection
  13. Who is the oldest Seaver child on Growing Pains?
    Image: The Everett Collection
  14. Who is the oldest Ingalls child in Little House on the Prairie?
    Image: The Everett Collection

Can you guess the oldest child in these classic TV families?

kimmer 5 days ago
13/14...yahhhhhh whooooooooo!
JeanneHeckenlively 23 days ago
The Growing Pains question could be considered tricky. While it's true that Mike was older than Carol, IRL Tracey Gold is older than Kirk Cameron, but because he was taller, they cast him as the oldest child. The same can be said on Home Improvement-- Jonathan Taylor Thomas is older than Zachary Ty Bryan, but Zachary was taller, so Brad was older than Randy. Also, the Happy Days question really shouldn't count because the show phased Chuck out; even in the series finale, Howard said he raised TWO wonderful children while he made a toast at Joanie's wedding.
"...they cast him as the oldest child." That's all that mattered in this quiz.
Lacey 24 days ago
#4 WHo ???
JDnHuntsvilleAL Lacey 21 days ago
Chuck was the oldest boy in seasons 1 & 2 and then disappeared, never to be mentioned again. (It's Chuck's apartment that Richie moves into briefly in season 2.) This happens a lot in sitcoms, like Donna's little sister in "That 70's Show."
TheBeverlyBunch 1 month ago
6/14 I actually only watched the Brady bunch out of the shows on this list! I guesses all of them accept the Brady one witch of course I got right! I also knew the little house on the prairie from reading the books.
I'm confused by your post. Which Brady do you consider a witch?
AllyF75 1 month ago
Got 13/14, missed the lost in space one which I have never seen
JDnHuntsvilleAL AllyF75 21 days ago
Yeah, if you haven't seen it then it's hard to guess. I did TERRIBLE in MeTV's quiz about 2000 sitcoms because I hadn't watched most of them.
charliegirl4u 3 months ago
I thought Robbie was the oldest on My Three Sons. Also, never knew there was an older kid on Happy Day’s.
The original sons on My Three Sons were Mike (Tim Considine), Robbie (Don O'Grady) and Chip (Stanley Livingston). When Tim chose to leave the show for other roles, the show kept the title by adopting orphaned neighbor, Ernie (Stanley's RL brother, Barry Livingston). Later on, when it looked like both Don and Stanley wanted to leave, the plot was that Robbie and his wife had triplet boys, thus still having three sons on the series.
frenchman71 3 months ago
I went 12/14. I had to guess on the newer shows. The older ones were simple. I got #11 & 14 wrong.
leebillyold 3 months ago
##6 how old was Mallory, and how old was Alex? I thought Mallory was older 13/14..
missed ###6
Who is the oldest Keaton child on Family Ties?
In season 1 Alex was 17 and Mallory was 15.
Yannick9192 3 months ago
13 outta 14 thought Mallory was slightly older
TheDavBow3 3 months ago
12/14. Growing Pains and Full House tripped me up. Didn't watch those. Too new, I guess 😊
booster 3 months ago
9/14 Never watched some of those shows.