Quick: Which of these police shows doesn't take place in California?

When it comes to television crime shows, it appears that the most dangerous, villainous criminals in the country appear to live in California.

Think about it – you're hard-pressed to find a police sitcom or drama that doesn't take place on the west coast. So, we've compiled a list of police drama and we're curious to see if you can spot the show amongst these that does not take place in California!

Give it your best try!

Watch Adam-12 on MeTV!

Weekdays at 5 PM

1. Which of these police shows does not take place in California?

Quick: Which of these police shows doesn't take place in California?

Save with

VondaPhipps 1 month ago
Quick: Which of these police shows doesn't take place in California?
You picked Magnum P.I.
Well done! Magnum P.I. takes place in Hawaii, unlike these other California dreamers. Well done!
papaC62 1 month ago
5seconds...one question....lol
JERRY6 1 month ago
starsky and magnum but only lets you choose one
Geronimo JERRY6 1 month ago
No, Starky and Hutch was filmed in Southern California
John 1 month ago
I actually was looking for the trick in this question and wondered if any other shows than Magnum was out of California and maybe in New York or Chicago.
KariManviller 1 month ago
I could have made a better one. Add Barney Miller, Gunsmoke, Hill Street Blues, Barrette, 99 Men, etc. Then you could have more Questions and shorter list, 4 or 5 options.
gene 1 month ago
i would like to know who the program directer is. flintstones really, mash, tags, enough is enough, move some of the over night shows to when people are awake. just my opinion.
WILD 1 month ago
You picked Magnum P.I.
Igaveyoumyfakename 1 month ago
Why do so many crime shows take place in California? Well, when you shoot the show on location in California (not in a studio), and it's filled with shots of clearly identifiable California landmarks, it's kind of hard to convince the viewer that the show is based anywhere else. It's just easier to stick with saying the show takes place in California.
cperrynaples 1 month ago
BTW, did it occur to you that technically Magnum PI is an invalid answer because as the title says he's a Private Investigator [formerly Navy Intelligence officer] and NOT a policeman? Barnaby Jones and Jim Rockford are also PIs, so they don't qualify either!
Lillyrose 1 month ago
I got the answer right on the first try. I remembered that Magnum P.I. took place in Hawaii. I used to like Magnum P.I. back in the '80's. I haven't seen it since then.
booster 1 month ago
Got it on the first try. Remember when Tom Selleck got his start as private investigator Lance White, on the "Rockford Files"?
HopeChinWah 1 month ago
I got on the first try. Lucky guess, never watched strike Force, never heard of it.
Jeffrey 1 month ago
they coulda done "car 54 where are you" too - BUT NO - a classic show for the ME-TV network - NOOOOOOOOO we get mamas family and saved by the bell -(bovine refuse)
Hey! Leave Mark-Paul Goose Lard alone.
DouglasMorris 1 month ago
I got: Magnum P.I. right! the show was filmed in Hawaii! that was an easy quiz.
Jeremy 1 month ago
The moment I saw Magnum, P.I. I knew.