How well do you remember The Honeymooners' hilarious game show episode?

Sorry, this one is not worth $99,000. But you can brag to friends.

TV Guide once ranked it No. 6 on its list of the 100 Greatest Episodes of All Time. To this day, it remains one of the funniest sitcom stories. The Honeymooners set the mold, and this episode stands out as one of the best.

We are talking about "The $99,000…" well, we're not going to give that away.

Any Honeymooner fan remembers this gem, when Ralph goes on a television game show. It spoofed and referenced the popular quiz shows of the era. So it's only fitting that we built our own quiz about this episode!

See if you can ace it!

Watch The Honeymooners on MeTV!

Sundays at 10:30PM

1. What is the name of the game show?
  2. Which category does Ralph pick off this board?
  3. This brainiac answers a tough trivia question about which topic?
  4. What is the song that Norton keeps playing to "warm up"?
  5. What does nervous Ralph say when he is asked what he does for a living?
  6. What word does Alice ask Ralph to spell?
  7. Who is this?
  8. Pick a song that Ed plays for Ralph when they are practicing.
  9. Ed plays "Melancholy Serenade" as an inside joke. What's so funny about Ed playing this?
  10. Who is this neighbor?
  11. What does Ralph answer when he is asked who wrote the song "Swanee River"?
  12. Say, do you happen to know who wrote the song "Swanee River"?

How well do you remember The Honeymooners' hilarious game show episode?

Publix1984 2 months ago
Shows how time fly’s,always good to watch a classic
Art1957 3 months ago
12/12 Bang - Zoom, I didn't spend all those late nights watching The Mooners with my Pop back in the late 70's for nothing!
Pilaf 3 months ago
11 out of 12. I forgot about the brainiac and the dollar bill.
Bob 3 months ago
9/12. Missed one I shouldn't have.
FLCommish 3 months ago
A classic episode
Wiseguy FLCommish 3 months ago
By now, all 39 episodes are classic. May be why they're called "The Classic 39."
It has been my experience {for lack of a better word,} that when people refer to shows that they consider classic, the other, [whatever the #,] episodes are liked, (disliked,) but just not as much as the ones they've labeled "classic." Well, this theory doesn't quite apply to TH, because there are only 39 episodes that were made. Therefore, as you've stated, they are all classic.
Sorry to burst you bubble, but there were more than 39 episodes produced, both before the "Classic 39" episodes, pre 1955, and post 1956. I believe just prior to Jackie Gleason's death, the "Lost Honeymooners Episodes" were released, circa 1985 or 1986. The "Classis 39" episodes, produced on the old Dumont Network, start with "TV or Not TV" and end with "A Man's Pride". Prior to 1955, Jackie Gleason, Art Carney, Audrey Meadows and Joyce Randolp can be seen in Honeymooners episodes, starting in the early 1950's. If you go to the IMDB website and look up Jackie Gleason, you will see episodes dating back to 1952 when the character of Ralph Kramden was on the Ed Sullivan Show. In this episode, Pert Kelton played Alice Kramden, not Audrey Meadows, in the episode entitled "The Poor Soul". In 1953, on The Jackie Gleason Show, we have the episodes "Ralph's Diet" and "Alice Plays Cupid" with the famous actors we see in the Classic 39 episodes. On the IMDB website Jackie Gleason is listed as composer for the theme music to "The Honeymooners", starting around 1953 thru 1957, which is pre and post Classic 39 episodes. As for episodes after the Classic 39, "The Honeymooners" can be seen on the Jackie Gleason Show (40 episodes), from 1966 to 1970, starting with the 1966 episode "In Twenty Five Words or Less", and concluding with the 1970 episode "Operation Protest". These were seen on CBS, in color, and produced out of Miami Beach, Florida. There were even some Honeymooners specials in the mid to late 1970's. During the 1960's The Jackie Gleason Show "The Honeymooners" episodes had some cast changes. Alice Kramden was played by Sheila MacRae, mother of Meredith MacRae, from Petticoat Junction. She played Alice Kramden in 46 episones of the Honeymooners on The Jackie Gleason Show. Trixie Norton was played by Jane Kean in 45 episodes of The Honeymooners on The Jackie Gleason Show. These Honeymooners episodes were more like skits, rather than full episodes, similar to the format of shows like The Carol Burnett Show and The Red Skelton Show. Although Alice and Trixie had new actresses in the roles, I remember seeing Audrey Meadows on The Jackie Gleason Show a few times in the 1960's. The good thing about The Honeymooners lost episodes, is that these can still be seen on the "Decades" channel, which is part of the METV family of channels. It can be seen on Comcast channel 359 in Chicago and probably in other cities as well. As for my favorite Classic 39 episode, it's "The Bensonhurst Bomber" !
Sorry to "burst YOUR bubble," if you think you have informed me about something you think I know nothing about. You wasted your time and energy writing all of this. I already know about everything you typed. Now tell me something I don't know.
Bob917 Bob917 3 months ago
Thanks for your feedback, but you are the one who stated the following: "Well, this theory doesn't quite apply to TH, because there are ONLY 39 episodes that were made". Anyone would take this statement by you, as gospel, that ONLY 39 Honeymooners episodes were produced, but in fact several episodes, and skits were produced pre and post the "Classic 39" episodes, which I documented with proof as seen on the IMDB website, and many of these episodes can be seen on the "Decades" channel every weeknight. It was not my intention to inform you of something I think you no nothing about. I did not waste my time and energy, because it is my time and energy. I just wanted to set the record straight on your misinformation!
Dario 3 months ago
A PERFECT 12!!!!!(I took this test again just to do better; Shhh! Don't tell anyone!) 😁😁😁😁😁
MadMadMadWorld 3 months ago
12/12 And it is on right now! Truly, one of the greatest, grandest, and funniest tv episodes of any comedy series ever seen! Paroding the then "$99,000 Question" hot tv series (1955-59) that broke "I Love Lucy" streak at #1 for the previous 3 years, 1952-55. ["Lucy" would otherwise have enjoyed the first-time ever 5 consecutive years at #1, as it was back to #1 in its 6th and final year, 1956-57] Aired on Jan. 28, 1956. An astounding 9.2 (of 10 possible) rating on IMDb.com. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0604648
One of the funniest lines in the entire series was this gem rebuttal by Alice, again poking fun at his weight and size:
Alice: "For the last time, Ralph, I'll be very proud if you win the 600 bucks!
Ralph: $600? Peanuts, peanuts! What am I gonna do with peanuts?
Alice: EAT 'em! Like any other elephant!"
In 1997, TV Guide ranked this episode #6 on its "100 Greatest Episodes of All Time" list. Norton does actually play the piano in this episode. Among his many other talents Art Carney was an accomplished and respected pianist.
Wiseguy MadMadMadWorld 3 months ago
The real game show was "The $64,000 Question."
Barry22 3 months ago
9/12, love The Honeymooners.
harlow1313 3 months ago
I wish I had a hunk of that Neopolitan knockwurst, which I like so well!
JZ6030 3 months ago
For someone one who’s seen this episode at least 50 times, I better have gotten them all right. This was and will always be a classic.
Hamina hamina hamina” Ed Norton?
JoeyZone11 3 months ago
Don't think I ever aced one of these quizzes as fast as this one.
CaptainDunsel 3 months ago
7/12
I guess the honeymoon is over.